Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

Found 1,619 reviews matching the search
Educational
General Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 25, 2016
Educational experience, became Certified Hotel General Manager. Expert in the Choice Hotels Brand standards, and Choice Advantage computer program for hotel.
Excellent Stepping stone for the working world
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Huron, OHSeptember 20, 2016
A typical day at work is you get called in early or you stay later its busy or its slow and then you have the days you get called or a text stating you aren't needed at work so your out a day to a week at a time. what i learned at work is that expect the unexpected for example you would have this time to be done and be told you only got 4 hours to do so many room so you gotta be quick as for management there ok no communication. the hardest part of the job is keeping the guest happy best time i've had was when i leave from work.
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours, short supplies
Very great place to work my manager is awesome
Front Desk Agent/Night auditor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 19, 2016
Its a very exciting place to work. The management is a plus. Its always great to meet new people and see different faces all around the world. I have a lot of fun meeting people at work.
Hard place to work at
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2016
I learned how to make beds and make ready rooms for the next guest and the hardest thing about this job was having to put up with rude guest
Pros
We got to eat in our rooms, have fun n have christmas parties
Cons
Hardly got a day off cuz of short staff, we really didnt have our lunch break, we took it when it was slow, n when we were done with our rooms we would have to go do laundry, which wasnt our job.
good
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rochester, INSeptember 17, 2016
Had a great experience working with this company no complaints. I loved working with people and interacting with costumers. good pay for the responsibility.
Take care of the customer
Assistant Supervisor/ Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 15, 2016
I clean the rooms and the bathroom and make sure the rooms are clean right.

Check the rooms behind the girls and I help them out sometimes with their rooms.
Pros
Pay for my lunch
Cons
30 mins break
slow but steady work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IASeptember 15, 2016
Great company, also a world wide company. The pay was not the best, but the work was easy.I would work for the company if had the chance.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Not the best pay
Overall very nice job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee WisconsinSeptember 14, 2016
Very nice place to work I started out as a regular front desk employee and worked my way up. I honestly learned a lot of skills I hope makes me very successful.
Pros
Loved working with my team, Discount rooms
Cons
Healthcare, Advancement opportunties
Horrible
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 14, 2016
Absolutely would never work for this management company again. They are very young and immature. They handle employee issues in a very unprofessional manor and have very little to NO experience. Took away all benefits, vacation, 401 K, holiday pay its really like working for no reason!!!
Great Company!
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COSeptember 12, 2016
Fantastic fast paced company full of opportunities. Lots of earning potential. Great co-workers and a family based environment.
my Opinion
Manager of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 10, 2016
This is not a solid company to work for, a pit stop possibly for an extra income, but as far as making it a career it is not ideal. My employment was far too long, out of loyalty and commitment to myself and the company. Unfortunately my years devoted was not taken into consideration, You and your position are easily replaceable for lower paying new comers your hard work is overlooked to save them money, when times get tough for the company hire ups have no remorse when takin back what was given
Pros
for single mothers start and end times are convinient with school age children
Cons
no health insurance, raise freezes constantly, wage reductions when company does pourly, made well aware of your position being replaceable
its an easy job.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYSeptember 9, 2016
Its really simple job to do if you have the experience. But even if you don't know how to do any of it it is easy to learn. Management could use work so they can all be on the same page but overall it is a good company and a nice place to stay at.
Pros
easy
Cons
not enough hours and needs better pay
A nice workplace in a comfortable environment
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST/CLERK (Current Employee) –  Selma, ALSeptember 9, 2016
I enjoy working at Comfort Inn. It's a clean, happy, friendly working environment. I check guests in/out, central point of contact for anyone entering the facility, manage reception area, including greeting guests and responding to requests for information, in person and over the phone, maintain all paper and electronic files, receive and distribute faxes in a timely manner, organize file, fax reports, and scan documents, maintain front desk and lobby area in a neat, clean, and organized fashion at all times. I'm just looking for other work because I recently graduated college and now have my Bachelor's degree in Business Administration so I'm trying to find work in my field that comes along with better pay.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
low pay, overnight hours
Horrible management, employees treated unfairly
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Rockport, INSeptember 9, 2016
I took the job because I have a baby daughter that is my number one priority. The manager over the hotel I worked at was a horrible person with no understanding of anything. She has unrealistic expectations of her employees.

I had to quit unexpectedly due to a family situation and move back to my hometown. I'm not one to just quit a job. I've been taught to give a notice before resigning any position. I didn't have much choice due to a very serious situation that was harmful to my child.

The manager had a temper tantrum similar to what a small child would have. That angered me. I explained my situation and she piped off that she "didn't care to know about it".

I am a woman and I worked with several women. My co-workers were great but management and a few of my supervisors acted like catty girls in high school.
Pros
None, seriously. Sweatshop workers get treated better.
Cons
Management...don't get me started.
fun work place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 8, 2016
checking people in and out, Gift shop, problem solver we had a lot of fun at this job. I worked with some wonderful people including management. I actually worked here twice. the hardest part of the job was turning angry grumpy people into satisfied happy people. they've travelled all day and sometimes it just makes them very grumpy. it was my job to turn there frown upside down. the best part of my job was getting to know the friendly people and making them enjoy coming back. Management was great.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
grumpy customers
Fun
Housekeeping and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCSeptember 7, 2016
Very good place to work .Everyone socialize. We help each other. The most enjoyable part of the job are the tip when cleaning the rooms.
great customer care from all employees made our guest happy
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WISeptember 6, 2016
excellent customer care made our guest always happy and our jobs very easy .working with various employees from all over the world also made me understand the various cultures and I learned some new languages .The Christmas parties always made employees happy and the yearly bonuses also made us feel appreciated .
Pros
70% hotel stays all over the u s made us very motivated
Cons
healthcare
Great Staff and Guests
DIRECTOR OF SALES (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 2, 2016
Lots of independent work. Able to make impact on business. Great staff. Ownership not in touch with local market. High turnover in ownership middle management.
great working place
Manager Assistant, Desk (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYSeptember 2, 2016
One of the best hotels I've worked in.
Only reason I left was to move to Las Vegas.
They treated all the employees with respect and part of their family.
Cons
one week vacation
Great private company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXAugust 31, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company as they were business oriented as well as care about their employees. On a daily basis I looked forward to leading my team to not only a successful property, but to develop each employee for their own long term growth and career goals.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Smaller company with limited growth opportunity

2.8