Comfort Inn Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,501 reviews matching the search
Quick and Easy
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COApril 6, 2016
A typical work day was checking in guests. Doing laundry and in the late shift making breakfast for guests checking out early. There was no benefits other then Choice Hotel benefits like choice points. Management was understanding as far as personal life. There was not much advancement as far as new or higher positions. They do pay raises about every 3-6 months. Hardest part of the job ws working the late night shift and staying awake. Most enjoyable was being able to work at my own pace and seeing familiar faces.
A good place to work. The co-workers are friendly.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, VAApril 3, 2016
I start out counting the cash drawer to make sure its correct. Print Emergency Reports and getting the daily check off sheet out and filled out. Guest start to check out after 7 am and they have up to noon to check out. I have a few odd tasks I take care of if supplies are running low. Make up the bank deposit. Make popcorn and the refreshing water beverage in the afternoon.
Pros
Meet different and nice people from all over.
Cons
There can be some slow days.
Productive work place!
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 26, 2016
A typical day working for Comfort Inn and Suites consist of checking guest in and out. Making sure they are happy and comfortable. I have learned patience with this job. My manager is like all managers she is really sweet, looks out for her employees but if she has to get tough she will. Some of my co-workers are really lazy and likes to half way do their jobs which isn't fair for those like me and a couple other co-workers that does the job correctly. The hardest part about this job is dealing with people disrespecting you because all you're trying to do is do your job the way you were trained to do it. The most enjoyable part of my day is meeting all the different people I come into contact with.
Fun place to work, great atmosphere!!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Raphine, VA 24472March 25, 2016
It is a pleasure to serve the guests upon their arrival and departure, and everything in between. I enjoy seeing people well rested and that have enjoyed their stay. It is challenging to take care of complaints or issues, so we can satisfy the guests.
It's a pleasure to be a part of this team, and to work for the owners of the company.
Pros
Stable employment
Cons
Should offer free breakfast to staff, after guests have finished, rather than throwing the food away.
Nice place to work because you bring home tips for a nice clean room
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCApril 13, 2016
I learned the best way to clean rooms in a fast pace without leaving anything behind. How to make beds just like beds that be in a hospital. I learned the proper way to use cleaning sprays when doing rooms. The most best part of the job is when we have less rooms a day instead of 17-20 rooms a day
Pros
free lucnch sometimes we go out to eat as groups
Cons
breaks was good they feed us sometime from different places
A typical day at Comfort Inn
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 16, 2016
A typical day at work would be checking guests into and out of room that they rent, answering the phone for reservations, and assisting the guests with all their hotel needs. I've learned that there are many different people, with different needs and how to accommodate each and everyone of them. Management encourages us on both good days and bad days. My co-workers all work together as a team. The hardest part of the job is being able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the guest really appreciates all that you've done for them to make their stay enjoyable.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Dealing with customers when they're in a bad mood
the shift always went by fast, there was always something to do
front desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Mercer, PAApril 12, 2016
Good environment very friendly employees. The co- workers were always willing to help each other when in need. Never judged anyone for asking for assistance. The most enjoyable part of the day was when i could have full conversations with guest about the trip they were on. I always learned new things everyday.
Pros
everyone worked as a team
Cons
hours were always being cut an or taken away
Great atmosphere - great employees
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAApril 20, 2016
I have always loved working at The Comfort Inn. The manager 2 years ago gave me the opportunity to begin my experience working at a hotel which I wanted but was struggling to get. The staff was amazing. Night Audit is the best thing to do for me being that I'm always in my studies. I tend to multitask, work while studying. I was working part time so I wasn't getting much opportunities to advance. I had already learned the system and was looking for a challenge. Not enough money however the experience is what was needed. Id work there again if the staff is great and there is opportunity for promotion.
Pros
Great staff, managers on sight but not at corporate, family oriented
Cons
P/t, low pay, need upgrade at facility with new systems and engineering
It's Just a Job
Front Desk/Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 4, 2016
This was one of those places you work just because you need a job and money.
Personnel was rude and did not communicate. Management and owners were even worse.There was no set schedule and the hourly pay was terrible and absolutely NO BENEFITS. They did not take care of their facility or their employees. There was absolutely no opportunity for advancement as this place was family owned and operated.
The absolute only thing I can say was good about this job was the fact that I got to work with people.
Pros
Got to work with the public
Cons
Management, pay, no benefits, unhappy staff, mistreated employees, bouncy schedule & shifts
Simply one of the best employers I've worked with.
Sales and Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Donna, TXFebruary 24, 2016
A family owned property that I extend high reviews to and for. A place of employment is not only about opportunity, but about how you are welcomed, appreciated and valued, as well as trained and educated to be the best at your position in being hired for. Ownership takes great pride in bringing out the best of your abilities to perform and fit in as a team member. They give you the genuine feeling of belonging to a company. Great ownership, managers team leaders and department heads that inspire you to be coming to work. Believe strongly for whomever may be chosen to add to our team will feel and share the same words of compliments.
Kind of high school-ish
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIFebruary 18, 2016
Everyday i would go to the rooms that were checked out, strip the beds, and collect the linen. I would wash all the laundry throughout the day while aiding the house keeping all day. I didn't really learn much here other then they cut corners whenever they could and save time. No one seemed to wanna help anyone do to the fact that no one wanted to be there.The manager seemed like she was permanently a teenager and didn't know how to run her hotel. The hardest part of the job was learning that being a housekeeper ment that everyone didnt just rely on me they depended on me. I did enjoy seeing happy customers, when there was any.
Pros
Free swimming
Cons
Too much like high
Productive and enjoyable work experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOApril 26, 2016
A typical day working at Comfort Inn requires you to complete all daily front desk operations as well as getting to know your guests.

Management is very approachable and can answer and questions or concerns you have as an employee.

Co-workers are very friendly and easy to get along with.

The most enjoyable part of working here is getting to meet new people every day.
comfort inn
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, PAFebruary 7, 2016
nice place to work very great management however low pay kind of for the hard work and excruciating hours you put in.in my opinion wasnt really worth it but it is worth it to someone who really needs a job and doesnt mind low pay, say for maybe someone still in school it would be a good first job, but it was work at the time which im always looking for, work is life, and ya gotta be happy with what you do and how well your getting paid for it, but despite the bad things comfort inn is a nice place and alright to work at.
Pros
good breaks and tips and management
Cons
hard work and low pay
Slow workplace with hardly any business.
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, OKFebruary 15, 2016
Every day at work you have to worry about the druggies from the casino coming in and kicking them out. You have to call the cops about three times a week and nobody feels safe there. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude people and the most enjoyable part of the job is being relaxed most times.
Pros
Uniforms are simple.
Cons
No breaks, only one person on each shift, right across from a casino.
A night at work
FRONT DESK CLERK (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ALMarch 29, 2016
A usual night at work is quiet not to much to do until a guest arrives or a guest needs something. I run my audit and prepare breakfast. I have learned a lot about different people and how to handle certain situations that happens during a shift. Some of my co-workers are nice and great to be around. The assistant manager here makes the work place a hostile environment for everyone here and that is why I no longer like working here. The hardest part of my job is being away from my daughter at night and having to deal with the environment that the manager has made here now. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to interact with different people and find out things about them and getting to see our regular guest and finding out how they are doing.
Pros
Discount on hotel rooms in different states.
Cons
no insurance
Pretty Decent Job
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYMarch 28, 2016
Average day of work consists of being behind the front desk waiting on guests to come or leave. Answering phone calls and making or cancelling reservations. It's more of a one person job so any other co-workers are rarely here by the time my shift begins. Customer service is one of the enjoyable perks of working at a job site such as this hotel.
Pros
Easy going job
Cons
Managment
Old hotel brought back to life
GM/ DOS (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 25, 2016
The hotel was older with lots of deferred maintenance, a slump in sales and a staff that was pretty low in morale. We joined together and renovated guest rooms and public areas to the degree hotel ownership could afford We trained and improved our guest service scores, dramatically improved sales and the hotel became profitable once again. Unfortunately our owners had other investments that were not doing as well so the hotel was sold to bail those properties out. I had great ownership and enjoyed this hotel, its staff and guests very much.
Pros
Great team, hotel improved in sales and reputation, good ownership
Cons
The hotel was sold and the new owners brought in family members to run the hotel
Employee's slack their responsibilities and the employer's mess with your employement.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Saint Johnsbury, VTJanuary 22, 2016
I have been employed there sense August 2015. I have made maybe 5 paychecks. I encountered an injury that held me out of work for a month and half. Once returning I was considered "unreliabe" and put on an "on call" basis. They have refused me hours for over 10 weeks no matter how many times I call and request. When requesting hours, I get treated as though me requesting work load is a burden and completely unacceptable.
Pros
Free access to hotel facilities/activities, discounts on hotels.
Cons
Benefit's are denied to employee's per manager's choice.
ok
Housekeeper/Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHApril 6, 2016
typical day stressful,poor management an poor ownership.no co-worker was happy.everyone complained.owners didnt trust any employee an expected housekeeping department to work or oversee 3 departments but pay u to do one.was not greatful for the work done an talked about an complained about everyone whom worked for them.
Pros
Cons
poor ownership/management
productive and fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  IndianaApril 21, 2016
huddle everyone gets there schedule cleans rooms when finished see if anyone else needs help. I've learned a lot working at Comfort Inn a few of things were to pay attention to details how to speak to guess in a friendly manner, team work, customer service and being on time to work.
Pros
free breakfast, team work
Cons
short breaks and receives a new schedule everyday