Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

Found 2,132 reviews matching the search
Extremely low pay and minimum advancement oppurtunities
Overnight Auditor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 23, 2017
At the comfort suites I worked at it was a franchised location and the lack of commitment to policy was very apparent. The pay was very close to minimum wage and there was absolutely no room for advancement.
Very fun job
Housekeeper Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 20, 2017
I loved everything about that job, very nice people and so easy job got good pay. Loved to talk to the guest I made them feel like they was home I will go back and work for them again
very good place to work the workers and guest are great.
Housekeeper, Maid (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHJune 20, 2017
The work experience that I've had working at the comfort inn has been great. I would recommend family and friends or anyone that's willing to join our team at the comfort inn.
Pros
discounts when traveling for rooms and paid vacation after a year of working
Cons
some guest dont like to tip
Always there
Hotel Manager (Former Employee) –  SalemJune 20, 2017
When you manage a hotel they never close. It was fun as a single person but the grind gets to be difficult when a family is involved. If you however want to learn management skills this is the type of work to do. Especially if the hotel has a bar, restaurant and banquet facilities. You come across every type of individual and learn very quickly that there is more than one way to resolve any issue that may arise.
Pros
Learning skills
Cons
The hours. 24/7/365
Whatever floats your boat
Front Desk Agent, shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 20, 2017
Loved meeting new people from around the world. Like driving the shuttle. Learned alot to make a new career. Its like family there. Good location for travellers.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Some of the people make too much drama
I liked working here until new management arrived.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cottondale, ALJune 20, 2017
I liked this job because your job expectations were the same every day. They kept a full staff who pulled their weight which made things run smoothly for all employee's.It was a structured environment, which i appreciate.
Review Summary
Head of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 19, 2017
Didn't particularly liked working here because staff was always low. I, as head of housekeeping, was in charge of laundry, supervision, inspection, and sometimes cleaning rooms. I do not mind working hard in my department but general managers refused to hire other people due to budget reasons. General manager expected a 12 hour work day, each day, when paid on salary.
Pros
Free breakfast for employees
Cons
No benefits, stingy management
Work
Housekeeper/Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Quincy, IL 62301June 18, 2017
The ups and downs of never knowing if you were going to have a job or not is not the best. Gm switched multiple times in a short time. But company itself was a great place.
This place is not good
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJune 17, 2017
They ask more than they are willing to pay for.
They have no loyalty to you other than that you are already trained.
They have (or at least Had) sexist hiring practices for house keeping.
I heard that when they got a new head of house keeping that it got a lot better to work here, but i quit before she was promoted.
Pros
none. this place is terrible.
Cons
management and front desk workers treat housekeepers like trash.
Not all are the same
Front Desk Clerk/ Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 17, 2017
The company i work for is privately owned just under the choice franchise .. Very easy job but pay is terrible 25 cent raise per year and no vacation time or other benefits ..
Pros
Not hard work
Cons
Bad pay
customer service experience
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJune 16, 2017
front desk agent , checking in an out people, making sure everything was perfect,also did breakfast bar ,also did laundry , alot of multi tasking, but totally enjoyed the job
Its good
Head Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bellville, OHJune 16, 2017
Like the people I work with. Can be frustrating at times. Weekends are a must. Turnover is high. Get vacation after a yr based on work time. Discounts are limited but nice to have
Not my first choice
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, INJune 16, 2017
The hotel itself is a beautiful property and has a lot of potential to go places. That being said the owners and management are a joke. They do not care about anything but the all mighty dollar.
great pay and hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MIJune 15, 2017
Housekeeping is very easy and wonderful pay. The job is physically demand but if you take pride in your work its really not that bad. The management is wonderful and is always willing to work with you.
Pros
great pay and hours, and good management
not a bad place to work
Hotel Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJune 15, 2017
Nice working environment. Pleasant co workers and the manager really works with the employees. It's nice working in a place where they have faith in their workers. They provide the tools to help employees work better
Pros
very relaxed working atmosphere
comfort inn
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 14, 2017
DO NOT WORK THERE!!! they will never give you the promised raises, nor benefits they promise and they are not a good place to work, they do not care about you at all, all they care about is money!!!
Fun, hardworking,nice people
Housekeeping/ front desk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAJune 14, 2017
The comfort inn was a great place. From the employees to the guest everyone was friendly and helpful. Management went down hill after the manager left though
Pros
No one hanging over your shoulder, tips
Cons
Alot of hardwork, for little pay
Great company
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJune 14, 2017
Great company to work for. My location was individually owned and the management was horrific. Very unorganized. Choice Advantage is a very simple system. Easy to learn. Efficient.
Pros
Easy software program
Cons
allowed to work alone at my own pace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 14, 2017
this job wasn't my first choice but i made it work. working alone was good because once i finished i could leave. also we got tips every day which made the days a little more rewarding
Pros
tips from customers daily
Cons
too many rooms each day due to shortage of staff
Laid back, fun place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Glendive, MTJune 14, 2017
Comfort Inn - Glendive is a great place to work. Ann, the manager, is one of the best bosses anyone could hope for. She's always fair and will always back her team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8