Comfort Inn Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,591 reviews matching the search
Quick and Easy
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COApril 6, 2016
A typical work day was checking in guests. Doing laundry and in the late shift making breakfast for guests checking out early. There was no benefits other then Choice Hotel benefits like choice points. Management was understanding as far as personal life. There was not much advancement as far as new or higher positions. They do pay raises about every 3-6 months. Hardest part of the job ws working the late night shift and staying awake. Most enjoyable was being able to work at my own pace and seeing familiar faces.
It's Just a Job
Front Desk/Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 4, 2016
This was one of those places you work just because you need a job and money.
Personnel was rude and did not communicate. Management and owners were even worse.There was no set schedule and the hourly pay was terrible and absolutely NO BENEFITS. They did not take care of their facility or their employees. There was absolutely no opportunity for advancement as this place was family owned and operated.
The absolute only thing I can say was good about this job was the fact that I got to work with people.
Pros
Got to work with the public
Cons
Management, pay, no benefits, unhappy staff, mistreated employees, bouncy schedule & shifts
Awesome owners
FRONT DESK CLERK (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 15, 2016
Some pros about this job; I absolutely love working here, because the owners are great and management is good. You meet all sorts of guests on a daily basis and they become like family. The Sales Director is also good, brings in good business for the desk to stay busy with. Anther pro is , the hotel is located in South side of town, (the nicer side) in the middle of everything so we don't really ever have to deal with bad guests, (locals looking to trash the hotel)

The cons about this job:(every job has some cons) You don't always get along with coworkers because you pick up all their slack, as the new employees are hired out of desperation and not experience. There is no advancement or pay increase, if you work here 12 years you will still make $8 an hour. There is a VERY high turn over rate here, you will be lucky to see an employee stay 3 months , before walking out or not even showing up for their shift. Also there is no benefits.
Pros
OWNERS TREAT YOU LIKE FAMILY
Cons
HIGH TURN OVER RATE. PAY. ADVANCEMENT
Great Coworkers and very nice place.
Breakfast Attendant/Assist Exec Houskeeper/Audit (Current Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNJanuary 8, 2016
I've moved to many positions in this hotel, from breakfast attendent working from 6am-11am cooking, cleaning, providing hospitality to our guests at their tables. Moved to housekeeping, learned to clean rooms and do laundry for the hotel, once we hired an Executive housekeeper I was then moved to Assistant Executive housekeeper, where I learn to do scheduling, checking rooms, putting in orders and keeping everything stocked. Then I moved to night audit, learning how to run the audit, check guests in/out, was trained for 1st and 2nd shift positions as well. The co-workers were wonderful to work with, management could have been better, they do not offer benefits and do not pay very well because it is independently owned. That is what makes it difficult also the fact that we get no recognition for anything that we do right, there is no clear communication on what is supposed to be done. I love working with people and I do enjoy the guests that I get to have a personal relationship with.
Pros
The Guests.
Cons
No benefits, low pay, miscommunications, long hours, not enough employees.
fun place just need to do a Inspection!!!!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 1, 2016
I worked there for 8 months, with no raise the owner is cheap, she won't give the housekeeper's a raise they are the reason her hotel stay's clean. if they all quit she will be messed up.but there is some people that will work for $7.25 but that's all. no climbing to the top!! But in all the co-worker's are good People.
The guests
Night Auditor/ Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  167 Elizabeth Pike Mineral Wells WV 26150November 9, 2015
I have worked for this company for the past 24 years. While I love the hotel industry it's the guests that count. I try to make sure they are completely satisfied with their stay at our hotel. There are situations at times where you have to work harder to satisfy some guests. However , that is why I am there. The only complaint I would have is the lack of benefits , ie; insurance , 401K and lack of raises for jobs well done.
Pros
The guests and working with the public.
Cons
Company does not offer any benefits.
Not really bad but, not great either
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Downtown Madison, WIMarch 5, 2016
Hours are alright, not the greatest though. Management doesn't care about sticking to what they promise their employees. Went from 40 hours, as promised by immediate supervisor, down to 20 hours. Then expect people to want to stay? Come on, full-time means 40 hours a week, not 20 hours. Then, when they can't give you the promised full 40 hours, they make a horrible offer to allow you to do work that you were not even hired for in order to make up for a lack of hours in your normal position. What part of this is ridiculous?
Pros
Co-Workers, actually being allowed breaks, having plenty of down time between shifts
Cons
Management not sticking to what they promise employees for hours, hiring people as full-time but only giving part-time hours, expecting people to work as different employment other than what they were hired for
A typical day at Comfort Inn
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 16, 2016
A typical day at work would be checking guests into and out of room that they rent, answering the phone for reservations, and assisting the guests with all their hotel needs. I've learned that there are many different people, with different needs and how to accommodate each and everyone of them. Management encourages us on both good days and bad days. My co-workers all work together as a team. The hardest part of the job is being able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the guest really appreciates all that you've done for them to make their stay enjoyable.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Dealing with customers when they're in a bad mood
Your must be a tolerant person
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAMarch 15, 2016
Your must be a tolerant person to work there. You must have alot of patience to deal with high school all over again. You hte your tounge if you want to keep your job.ave to learn yo bi
Pros
discounts on hotel rooms all over the US
Cons
no pay raise to 8.5 years
I was out of the office getting in community booking business
Director Of Sales (Former Employee) –  GreensboroSeptember 14, 2015
Totally enjoyed working with this company. CN Hotels is a fast growing company.Select, plan, organize, and execute events including our own company annual conferences.
Develop creative and valuable ways to deliver unforgettable events. (Sales & marketing collateral, exhibit materials & displays, educational talks to staff to educate them of the client’s needs)
Build relationships within the community, regulatory agencies, and other industry experts to grow awareness and raise our profile to the highest in trip advisor, wedding knot and other internet sites to capture new business. Creating effective competitive sales tools for my catering staff to increase revenue
Manage post-event lead follow up activities for staff and clients. Hire and train banquet staff. Go on sales calls to increase catering revenue. Create a banquet, theme and special dietary menus. Menu engineering to gain the best value for the client and to keep food cost down.
A good place to get your foot through the door
Front Desk Clerk/ Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJFebruary 16, 2016
The maintenance was horrible and rarely checked. Had to deal with upset customers often but I did meet some very interesting people and learned a lot about hotel culture and how things should be done.
Pros
experience and reduced hotel fees
Cons
management was too lenient
Awful work environment
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARSeptember 25, 2015
Management lied about hours they worked and altered time cards to rob employees of wages. Desk clerks were expected to do everything from running the front desk, to routine maintenance. Owners were seldom present or available. Raises not allowed, no holiday pay, frequent douple and triple shifts scheduled for emloyees. Meaning an employ was sometimes on the job for 24 hours straight. Speediness stressed over cleanliness of housekeeping in rooms.
Pros
lots of hours available
Cons
no holiday pay, no raises, no medical leave allowed, no security, unclean environment
comfort inn
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, PAFebruary 7, 2016
nice place to work very great management however low pay kind of for the hard work and excruciating hours you put in.in my opinion wasnt really worth it but it is worth it to someone who really needs a job and doesnt mind low pay, say for maybe someone still in school it would be a good first job, but it was work at the time which im always looking for, work is life, and ya gotta be happy with what you do and how well your getting paid for it, but despite the bad things comfort inn is a nice place and alright to work at.
Pros
good breaks and tips and management
Cons
hard work and low pay
Very relaxed company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burkeville, VANovember 3, 2015
great hours, not much room for advancement. Great co-workers. very nice management. Management was very flexible and accommodating with the employees. one hour lunch break employees had access to weight room and swimming facilities.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
salary was not the best, but common for the area.
The best experience working here
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 23, 2016
It was my very first hospitality job and I had no idea what it is like.
I'd always wanted to work at a hospitality work place and I had a great chance to work here and learned so many good skills to communicate with so many different guests and how to deal with their complains to satisfy them. I also learned how to work as a team.

The manager and the General Manager were really great and being patient to wait for me getting things up to learn how to be adjusted into the job culture at this company.

I had some hard time when I got this job very first time because I didn't know what to do, and how to communicate with the complaining angry guest. When I was having trouble with those guests, there were always my co-workers and managers to cover my back. I could rely on them and it was really fun and
Great opportunity in dealing with the public.
Night Auditor/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 14, 2016
This job allowed me to be more comfortable in dealing with unhappy /irritable guests. A majority of our guests were regulars who become like family. Very enjoyable to do what it takes to make their stay a positive one. Although I worked alone on that Midnight shift, I was able to greet many of our guests during the breakfast time and checking them out and handling any problems I could with their accommodations. I worked well with my co-workers. I would say that the hardest part of this job/shift is when something goes wrong in guest room nd it's not something I am qualified to fix. Having to call in our Maintenance Manager at 3am was not ideal, however if we were booked and had no other room to put them in, that call had to be made.
Pros
Enjoyed the shift I worked at the time.
Cons
Worked alone on Midnights
Great clientele, Home to the Kansas City Royals Minor leauge
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZJune 3, 2016
-Everything is well organized for the most part. The person who was on shift before me would always prepare notes on what had happened the during their shift , so everyone is always on the same page of what to expect in the day.

- I learned how to communicate with many different people , multitask, Review audit, as well as maintain the hotel for an enjoyable stay.

- Management is friendly, and tries their hardest to make sure everyone is accommodated .

- The Hardest part of my job would have to be not having enough to do throughout the 8 hour shift.

- Out of everything , I enjoy the people the most . I love seeing someone smile when they know they have a place to go whether it's for the night or several weeks.
Pros
Experiance, flexible hours, guaranteed 8 hour shifts.
Cons
Schedualing errors, Lack of busy work, no breaks given, and you are on your feet all day .
I liked this job
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 24, 2016
I was a night auditor worked 11a.m. to 7p.m. This was a little different then Hampton Inn, The only difference was that I always have a different way of doing the audit at every hotel I worked at, and at this one I had to do breakfast with the first manger. The hotel was having problems with the owner It was going into foreclose at the bank to over and put a new GM in the hotel. when that happen the new manger put a breakfast person over breakfast really there was nothing I really did besides the breakfast. When the canyon closed that when busy because we were the first hotel out of the canyon. The hardest part of the job was staying awake during the night with nothing to do. I liked this job because there was all the time to get things done on the computer that I didn't get to get done at home. Like homework.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Nothing to do
Adequate place to work if you simply need employment.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOMay 21, 2016
Working in the hotel environment presents a unique set of challenges. When dealing with hundreds of people at a time and 3rd party reservation companies, it can be very taxing. There are booking errors and payment issues that you can't control. There are unruly children and drunk patrons you have to monitor, as well as many times people who simply don't feel they should have to abide by the hotels policies. All that being said, it does have it's good days. When booking is effortless, reservations are on point, and patrons are respectful and simply happy to be there, well on those days you may find it hard to believe you're working at all. All in all it is a stable, reliable employer if you simply need employment and are willing to endure it's hardships.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
No Breaks, Low Compensation
Working at the Comfort Suites was a learning experience.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTMay 20, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of me getting the list of rooms that need to be cleaned. Cleaning until my lunch break and occasionally going back to rooms if any cleaning was missed. I learned how to work hard and not take correction personally. The management changed three times over the summer so I learned how to adjust to different types of management. My co-workers were easy to get along with and we worked well as a team. The hardest part of the job was when laundry was slow and we had to work up to twelve hour shifts. The most enjoyable part was the community that was formed as we all worked together as a team and helped each other out.
Pros
We got breaks if we worked long hours and we also received tips.
Cons
Sometimes laundry was really slow which led to us working long hours.

2.8