Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn Employer Reviews

This was a very relaxed work place. Gave me the opportunity to prove my self sufficient work and skills.
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, relaxed/laid back work environment, teamwork.
Cons: no benefits
My typical day as an employer for Comfort Inn was basically cleaning rooms, vacuuming, and wiping down every surface, including tables, dressers, televisions and headboards....Also, removing sheets and pillowcases from the beds and remaking the bed with clean linens. I also cleaned the bathrooms wearing gloves, thoroughly cleaning shower stalls, bathtubs and toilets properly ensuring that they are cleaned and sanitized. As well as replacing toiletries that have been used. What I learned from my experience working there was that its important to pay close attention to details and you have to have good hospitality. As far as management, it was good while I was employed there. My co-workers were great to work with, everyone worked hard, we worked as a team. The hardest part of being a room attendant is sometimes the miscommunication with clients. Sometimes you assist clients who speak different languages which makes it difficult, so sometimes miscommunication can stand as a slight problem. The most enjoyable part of being a room attendant to me, I would say is being able to clean. :-) I love to clean, im very organized and tidy with everything so cleaning is something that I enjoy doing! Im good at it. Also, working as a team with my co-workers was an enjoyable experience as well!
Property was much older
Chif Engineer (Former Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 24, 2015
Property was older and needed renovations. Good staff. Good management, outdated property. Benefits were ok. The team members always seemed motivated at work which was very good.
EXCITING CAREER
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: discounts on rooms
Cons: healthcare
Assisting guest check in and out. Assisting guest making reservations. I perform credit card settlements, light cleaning duties.
Learned a lot but now time to grow more...
Reservations Agent (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great family like relationship
Cons: no healthcare, or enough benefits offered
I love working with others and my co-workers are my family really. I have learned a number of skills from handling high stress situations and effectively doing so, to everyday life and home situations that arise. My harderst part of my job was the growth opportunity, I would like to have a career some where and dont feel that was being offered to the extent of which I am looking for. I love working with people and customer service, building relationships with others is a very important skill in any job.
Ok for a job to get you by.
Front Desk (Current Employee), Lake Geneva, WIFebruary 21, 2015
The co-workers were great to work with. However, there is a major lack of communication in all departments. Management likes to pass their responsibilities on to the workers and has little to no foresight with issues that could be easily rectified. Customers are very understanding in these scenarios and usually don't hold you responsible when they know you have no control over some issues. There is a serious issue with employees not knowing or choosing not to perform the job duties assigned to them. This doesn't apply to every employee. There are some who go above and beyond but, they seem to be taken advantage of. The hours are near limitless in the summer but winter hours get drastically cut for part-time employees to almost one day a week.
loved this job
Front desk clerk and housekeeping staff (Former Employee), Rhinelander, WIFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great place to work
I loved this job most of all out of all of my jobs! I moved up in this company really fast I started as a housekeeper then breakfast person and then front desk. whenever they needed extra help they would call me and ask me first. I learned a lot with this company to like laundry cooking and cleaning customer service everything
Porductive and fun workplace.
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee), Asheville, NCFebruary 18, 2015
check people in
clean behind front desk and lobby
set up breakfast
watch the back office
be helpful and answer guests questions promptly
Flexible, individual self applicable work, positive and helpful coworkers
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Butler, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free breakfast foods and own work space
Cons: night shifts
Gave me the opportunity to prove my self sufficient work and skills, as well as teaching me customer service, computer, and economic transacting skills.
Can be stressful and rewarding
SALES & MARKETING DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: no benefits
In sales there is always stress, are you going to make your goals, will all your hard work pay off with a signed contract, will the company make good on the contract? Will the staff at the hotel make the guests feel they are special and be courteous and informative if they are asked a question? Will the guest return often and bring more business to the hotel? New business - researching companies, networking with colleagues, pitching new/fresh ideas so they will want to come and stay and bring more business. The most enjoyable part is when you receive a letter or a note from someone thanking you for all the hard work you have done for them, and requesting more rooms for the following year!
Just another hotel
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Whitsett, NCFebruary 17, 2015
Employees are expected to have no life outside of work, put their life on the line for work, and get no thanks or appreciation of any kind for all the hard work and efforts that go into the everyday job there.
I LOVED MY JOB
HOUSE KEEPING (Former Employee), TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: no breaks of any kind
Cons: no insurance
I LOVED MY JOB, BUT THE PEOPLE WHO OWNED THE MOTEL WERE VERY RUDE AND VERY DISRESPECTFUL TO US WORKERS.I WAS DOING A ROOM IT WAS MY FIRST DAY THERE,WHEN THE OWNERS SISTER YELLED AT ME I FORGOT THAT THEIR WAS A TOWEL IN THE DOOR WHEN I WENT TO CLOSE IT SHE YELLED AT ME IN FRONT OF THE WORKERS AND THE CUSTOMERS SHE HAD ME SO UPSET WHEN SHE WAS DONE YELLING AT ME.ONE OF THE CUSTOMERS SAID THEY WELL NEVER RENT ANOTHER ROOM THERE THEY TOLD ME ITLL BE OKAY OUR CUSTOMER WAS ONE OF THE OIL FIELD WORKERS HE MADE MY DAY. I LOOKED FOR A BETTER JOB AND A BETTER PAYING ONE I FOUND ONE SO I WENT IN GOT MY CHECK .HE YELLED AT ME FOR HAVING HIS CELL NUMBER WILL HE GAVE IT TO US IN CASE WE HAD TO CALL IN SICK OR IF SOMETHING CAME UP ALL I CAN SAY I WILL NEVER WORK FOR THEM AGAIN U JUST DONT YELL AT YOUR WORKERS YOU GIVE THEM RESPECT JUST LIKE YOU WANT RESPECT BACK
Was able to learn how all shifts worked.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: enjoyed the hours i worked.
Cons: don't a full time job.
Worked 32 hours weekly. Check in and out guest of the hotel.

Kept the office clean. Was able to help with group when checked
into the hotel, give direction for different things to see and
do in the Portland Metro area.
Diversity
Guest Service (Current Employee), Urbana, ILFebruary 13, 2015
Working at Comfort Suites lets me interact with a variety of people from all over. I learn a lot about the business and different ways to handle any situation.
I learned a lot about franchise operation system in hotels and it is just wonderful.
Manager (Current Employee), El Centro, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: centrally located
Cons: very hot in summer
It is a very good franchise hotel and so much opportunities to learn more and more about hotel operation. Very good team to work with. The guest seems to be very happy staying at this hotel.
Who doesn't love candles
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: staff and product
Cons: no control over ordering inventory
Our location had the highest ADR in the district simply because my entire staff just loved, loved, loved candles. It's easy to sell something your are passionate about.
Fun workplace
Front Desk Agent & Maintenance (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: discounts, discounted lunches, experience in my major
Cons: short breaks, horrible training for maintenance, not being paid attention to
Typical day on the maintenance side was checking the maintenance log, talking to the front desk agents about complaints, performing preventative maintenance on rooms, keeping the grounds clean, and much more.
Management at the time handled me as an intern/employee not so appropriately and gave me no type of training on the maintenance side. Threw me out into the field with no experience. Part of my intern agreement was to work front desk as well during the summer. I did not get to that part of the agreement until early fall despite my numerous times asking for training on the position.
The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying customers whether happy or mad, just giving them satisfaction is what made things worth it.
Fast pace friendly environment.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Spokane, WAFebruary 6, 2015
Learning the jobs responsibilities for the first time was a bit challenging at first. Finding my routine kept me organized, and keeping up with my room time was important from day two. Starting in the summer time was a faster pace environment.
Desk Clerk-Night Auditor (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day at work was greeting people and checking them in/out of the hotel. Also to make sure that their stay was the best.
Front Desk
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Savannah, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Check in and out quest. Collected cash,checks,and credit payment for customers,Greet and smile.and cleaning service.
My job is a pleasant place to work and be to myself.
Room Service Attendant (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCFebruary 4, 2015
I like working at Comfort Suites because when I am doing my rooms I can concentrate on what I have to do and not be bothered and also I can think clearly about anything I have on my mind.Comfort Suites is also a peaceful environment very pleasant and I love my coworkers.

1 2 3 4 5