Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

Found 1,618 reviews matching the search
Quick and Easy
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COApril 6, 2016
A typical work day was checking in guests. Doing laundry and in the late shift making breakfast for guests checking out early. There was no benefits other then Choice Hotel benefits like choice points. Management was understanding as far as personal life. There was not much advancement as far as new or higher positions. They do pay raises about every 3-6 months. Hardest part of the job ws working the late night shift and staying awake. Most enjoyable was being able to work at my own pace and seeing familiar faces.
It's Just a Job
Front Desk/Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 4, 2016
This was one of those places you work just because you need a job and money.
Personnel was rude and did not communicate. Management and owners were even worse.There was no set schedule and the hourly pay was terrible and absolutely NO BENEFITS. They did not take care of their facility or their employees. There was absolutely no opportunity for advancement as this place was family owned and operated.
The absolute only thing I can say was good about this job was the fact that I got to work with people.
Pros
Got to work with the public
Cons
Management, pay, no benefits, unhappy staff, mistreated employees, bouncy schedule & shifts
Awesome owners
FRONT DESK CLERK (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 15, 2016
Some pros about this job; I absolutely love working here, because the owners are great and management is good. You meet all sorts of guests on a daily basis and they become like family. The Sales Director is also good, brings in good business for the desk to stay busy with. Anther pro is , the hotel is located in South side of town, (the nicer side) in the middle of everything so we don't really ever have to deal with bad guests, (locals looking to trash the hotel)

The cons about this job:(every job has some cons) You don't always get along with coworkers because you pick up all their slack, as the new employees are hired out of desperation and not experience. There is no advancement or pay increase, if you work here 12 years you will still make $8 an hour. There is a VERY high turn over rate here, you will be lucky to see an employee stay 3 months , before walking out or not even showing up for their shift. Also there is no benefits.
Pros
OWNERS TREAT YOU LIKE FAMILY
Cons
HIGH TURN OVER RATE. PAY. ADVANCEMENT
fun place just need to do a Inspection!!!!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 1, 2016
I worked there for 8 months, with no raise the owner is cheap, she won't give the housekeeper's a raise they are the reason her hotel stay's clean. if they all quit she will be messed up.but there is some people that will work for $7.25 but that's all. no climbing to the top!! But in all the co-worker's are good People.
Great Coworkers and very nice place.
Breakfast Attendant/Assist Exec Houskeeper/Audit (Current Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNJanuary 8, 2016
I've moved to many positions in this hotel, from breakfast attendent working from 6am-11am cooking, cleaning, providing hospitality to our guests at their tables. Moved to housekeeping, learned to clean rooms and do laundry for the hotel, once we hired an Executive housekeeper I was then moved to Assistant Executive housekeeper, where I learn to do scheduling, checking rooms, putting in orders and keeping everything stocked. Then I moved to night audit, learning how to run the audit, check guests in/out, was trained for 1st and 2nd shift positions as well. The co-workers were wonderful to work with, management could have been better, they do not offer benefits and do not pay very well because it is independently owned. That is what makes it difficult also the fact that we get no recognition for anything that we do right, there is no clear communication on what is supposed to be done. I love working with people and I do enjoy the guests that I get to have a personal relationship with.
Pros
The Guests.
Cons
No benefits, low pay, miscommunications, long hours, not enough employees.
Your must be a tolerant person
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAMarch 15, 2016
Your must be a tolerant person to work there. You must have alot of patience to deal with high school all over again. You hte your tounge if you want to keep your job.ave to learn yo bi
Pros
discounts on hotel rooms all over the US
Cons
no pay raise to 8.5 years
The guests
Night Auditor/ Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  167 Elizabeth Pike Mineral Wells WV 26150November 9, 2015
I have worked for this company for the past 24 years. While I love the hotel industry it's the guests that count. I try to make sure they are completely satisfied with their stay at our hotel. There are situations at times where you have to work harder to satisfy some guests. However , that is why I am there. The only complaint I would have is the lack of benefits , ie; insurance , 401K and lack of raises for jobs well done.
Pros
The guests and working with the public.
Cons
Company does not offer any benefits.
I was out of the office getting in community booking business
Director Of Sales (Former Employee) –  GreensboroSeptember 14, 2015
Totally enjoyed working with this company. CN Hotels is a fast growing company.Select, plan, organize, and execute events including our own company annual conferences.
Develop creative and valuable ways to deliver unforgettable events. (Sales & marketing collateral, exhibit materials & displays, educational talks to staff to educate them of the client’s needs)
Build relationships within the community, regulatory agencies, and other industry experts to grow awareness and raise our profile to the highest in trip advisor, wedding knot and other internet sites to capture new business. Creating effective competitive sales tools for my catering staff to increase revenue
Manage post-event lead follow up activities for staff and clients. Hire and train banquet staff. Go on sales calls to increase catering revenue. Create a banquet, theme and special dietary menus. Menu engineering to gain the best value for the client and to keep food cost down.
Awful work environment
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARSeptember 25, 2015
Management lied about hours they worked and altered time cards to rob employees of wages. Desk clerks were expected to do everything from running the front desk, to routine maintenance. Owners were seldom present or available. Raises not allowed, no holiday pay, frequent douple and triple shifts scheduled for emloyees. Meaning an employ was sometimes on the job for 24 hours straight. Speediness stressed over cleanliness of housekeeping in rooms.
Pros
lots of hours available
Cons
no holiday pay, no raises, no medical leave allowed, no security, unclean environment
Needs to bee renovated
lead night auditor (Current Employee) –  alpharettaJanuary 7, 2016
To far overworked no perks not a good environment dont have good days very stressful place . would not recomend to anyone employees not treated properly terrible salary .
good place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJanuary 14, 2016
great place to work friendly coworkers. shifts change too often for my taste. Would like a more set schedule. Hard to get a pay raise after being with company for over 6 months
great company to work for
Customer Service, Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Comstock Park, MIJanuary 29, 2016
Trained well and efficient. No benefits. You have the option to apply for other jobs in the company if you want to advance. The job was a lot of physical work, you could take breaks.
Fun place to work. I loved my supervisor.
Front Desk Clerk/Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TXNovember 22, 2015
Loved my co-workers.
Loved my supervisors.
No retirement back then.
No real benefits.
I could have promoted if I had stayed with the company. However, it would have been away from my home and my family. I would welcome the opportunity to return to company employment with them at any time. I would and have recommended my friends and family seek employement there.
A nice workplace in a comfortable environment
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST/CLERK (Current Employee) –  Selma, ALSeptember 9, 2016
I enjoy working at Comfort Inn. It's a clean, happy, friendly working environment. I check guests in/out, central point of contact for anyone entering the facility, manage reception area, including greeting guests and responding to requests for information, in person and over the phone, maintain all paper and electronic files, receive and distribute faxes in a timely manner, organize file, fax reports, and scan documents, maintain front desk and lobby area in a neat, clean, and organized fashion at all times. I'm just looking for other work because I recently graduated college and now have my Bachelor's degree in Business Administration so I'm trying to find work in my field that comes along with better pay.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
low pay, overnight hours
Very relaxed company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burkeville, VANovember 3, 2015
great hours, not much room for advancement. Great co-workers. very nice management. Management was very flexible and accommodating with the employees. one hour lunch break employees had access to weight room and swimming facilities.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
salary was not the best, but common for the area.
Horrible management, employees treated unfairly
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Rockport, INSeptember 9, 2016
I took the job because I have a baby daughter that is my number one priority. The manager over the hotel I worked at was a horrible person with no understanding of anything. She has unrealistic expectations of her employees.

I had to quit unexpectedly due to a family situation and move back to my hometown. I'm not one to just quit a job. I've been taught to give a notice before resigning any position. I didn't have much choice due to a very serious situation that was harmful to my child.

The manager had a temper tantrum similar to what a small child would have. That angered me. I explained my situation and she piped off that she "didn't care to know about it".

I am a woman and I worked with several women. My co-workers were great but management and a few of my supervisors acted like catty girls in high school.
Pros
None, seriously. Sweatshop workers get treated better.
Cons
Management...don't get me started.
my Opinion
Manager of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 10, 2016
This is not a solid company to work for, a pit stop possibly for an extra income, but as far as making it a career it is not ideal. My employment was far too long, out of loyalty and commitment to myself and the company. Unfortunately my years devoted was not taken into consideration, You and your position are easily replaceable for lower paying new comers your hard work is overlooked to save them money, when times get tough for the company hire ups have no remorse when takin back what was given
Pros
for single mothers start and end times are convinient with school age children
Cons
no health insurance, raise freezes constantly, wage reductions when company does pourly, made well aware of your position being replaceable
not a good place to work
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 11, 2016
they pay you very little, provide no benefits & expect miracles. The owners treat you like you are nothing to them. They act like you owe them everything
The best experience working here
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 23, 2016
It was my very first hospitality job and I had no idea what it is like.
I'd always wanted to work at a hospitality work place and I had a great chance to work here and learned so many good skills to communicate with so many different guests and how to deal with their complains to satisfy them. I also learned how to work as a team.

The manager and the General Manager were really great and being patient to wait for me getting things up to learn how to be adjusted into the job culture at this company.

I had some hard time when I got this job very first time because I didn't know what to do, and how to communicate with the complaining angry guest. When I was having trouble with those guests, there were always my co-workers and managers to cover my back. I could rely on them and it was really fun and
Acceptable
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 23, 2016
The management is great, I have a great experience working in the environment. Great coworkers, and flexible date and time. The only bad thing is that the company do not pay well and there are no benefit. It is a great place to start, and get experience. The front desk receptionist allow me to have multiple experiences ( Sale, Customer Service, and many more). I work second and third shifts. Second shift is very busy because it is check in time. Third shift is an ease; little check in, some auditing, and breakfast. I relax in my third shift, and do all my school homework, so it is great for students that want a part time job.
Pros
Great management
Cons
no benefits, low pay

2.8