Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn Employer Reviews

Nice place to work, it was just too physical for me
Breakfast Chef (Former Employee), Blacksburg, VAJanuary 26, 2015
I was happy here, the wark was very hard though, the people were nice to work with, there was not too much business. I did not think that mopping floor and doing windows inside and out went along with the discription of breakfast cook
new exciting day everyday
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ILJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: not enough hours and pay is low
answered multi lined phones. Handled guests needs. Provided the best customer service to my ability. Great team work and super great place to work
Comfort Inn Summary
Front Desk/Customer Service (Current Employee), Saint Clairsville, OHJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: it is a job.
Cons: no healthcare; basically minimum wage
A typical day at Comfort Inn is checking in guests; answering the phones; run reports; create and cancel reservations; assists guest; greeting guests; folding rags; cleaning; count cash drawer and be professional at your job. I have learned that Comfort Inn at different locations. Some can guest friendly and some aren't. Management and front desk should not run by best friends. I feel best friends and spouses should not work together. Too many conflicts can create hard feelings. I get along with everyone. I love people and if there would be a issue; I will be respectable about that issue. I am easy to get along with; some folks aren't. I have learned to do my job and stay out of the way. The hardest part of my job is when old old folks come in and want a room. They have to leave after a long day drive because they can not afford a 170.00 dollar a night hotel. We are in gas/oil country and I feel that hotels can get very greedy. Plus, most of the chains here don't offer benefits and pay minimum wage; hotels should offer something for their employees. After all; it is the employees that keeps that business up and running. My most enjoyable part of my job is I love people. The guests are so amazing with their stories about their travels, life, family or even their jobs.
I left Comfort suites
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: catered lunches and free drinks
Cons: they dont really give you time to learn the job. the other workers there are very rude.
I was not getting the beds right. The women who trained me didn't do it right. I was still held responsible for not completing the task at hand.
Hospitality with a smile
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Checking in guests, making reservations, and accommodating guests to make sure they have an enjoyable stay.
Like to work with people?
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Toms River, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Great place to work at if you like people. I worked there while going to nursing school so the schedule worked for me! Management is hard to get along with but you just suck it up and know you're getting a paycheck.
Great learning opportunity
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 19, 2015
This was a nice stepping stone in my work experience. Employment at Comfort in was a great learning experience.
very productive
Housekeeper (Former Employee), sault sainte marie, miJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: free luches and breakfasts
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work would be making the beds , cleaning the tubs, toilets, sinks and floors. I learned how to count the rooms i had finished and figure out my own compensation. I didnt manage anything at the Comfort Inn. My co-workers enjoyed my company but worked well with me. The hardest part of the job was getting all the rooms done in a certain time frame.The most enjoyable part of the job was the tips i would get for doing such an amazing jobs in the rooms i had cleaned
great place to work.
housekeeper (Former Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: alot of wonderful people working at the hotel or passing through.
Cons: hours cut big time, low pay, something new included in our work with so little time to do it.
A typical day at comfort was: Clock in, stock your cart,make sure all they people were gone in the rooms you had to clean, Strip all bedding & towels in the rooms,clean rooms, make sure you double check your rooms.
Hardest part of job was trying to get all rooms done in a couple of hours,because they would tack on something else every day,other then that it was a good job,alot of great people.
people that i work for was good
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Hazleton, PAJanuary 15, 2015
I like the job but they just gave 2 days a week good people to work for but if you have to live off the job it won't be good because of the hours
nice place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: not a lot to work with
Answered any and all guest questions both in person and on the phone.
The part that i felt was the hardest was when ever the system were down and i couldn't sell or give anybody any rooms.
It was a laid back environment.
Night auditor (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: easy to learn
Cons: loss of sleep
On a typical day I would go in at 11pm and leave around 7am. It's a job that requires good communication skills to both your coworkers and the management staff. I improved on my communication skills in my time at this job. Easily the most enjoyable part of my job was the laid back environment.
I was thankful to have a job
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Vincennes, INJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: laundry, bed bugs
I cleaned 10-15 rooms a day. The management wasn't very great, but the co-workers were amazing!
Hardwork
Desk Agent (Current Employee), Georgetown, DEJanuary 7, 2015
Manage phone line
Create and make reservations
The ins and out of hotel do's and don'ts
Flexible
Not being able to fix every little thing
Meeting new guest, interacting with the people
Was a intresting job got to meet new people daily
Night Audit (Former Employee), Milton, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: no pay rasie or insurance
The work day some days slow but you got to meet new people from different places and. Never really new what all went on at a hotel but did learn some new respect for the staff working behind the counter and for the housekeepers. Willing to assist you when you needed. They were willing to help you when needed them. When the boiler went down and there was no hot water and the guest was not happy and when the roads were closed due to a storm and there was no vancancies it was really crowded and a lot of confusions. Meeting new people from different areas of the world.
banking, payroll, scheduling
Asst. General Manager (Former Employee), Lumberton, NCJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: working with the public
In a typical day I done work in banking, payroll, scheduling, inventory, buying/ordering supplies for 2 hotels. I was also in charge of employee training as well as overseeing the inspection of the rooms behind each housekeeper. On several occasions I arranged receptions for incoming groups as well as cooked the food for the receptions.
Fast learner, very productive, always keeping busy, willing to learn anything
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIJanuary 7, 2015
Greet guests and patrons as they arrive
• Ask if guests have a prior booking
• Manage the registration process
• Ask for identification and ensure that the provided credentials are accurate
• Handle guest check-ins and check-outs appropriately
• Operate hotel switchboard, take calls and provide information and transfer calls
• Manage accurate accounting of all rooms
• Provide guests with room keys and call for bellboys
• Take reservations over the telephone, through emails and in person
• Answer queries regarding the hotel’s services, charges, dining facilities, sports facilities and travel directions
• Refer guests to appropriate departments to resolve complaints or provide suggestions
• Compute bills and take payments
• Provide guests with directions around the hotel
• Contact housekeeping and maintenance departments when a problem is reported
• Explain appropriate use of keys and ensure that guests are satisfied with the rooms allotted to them
• Balance cash at the end of the shift and generate accounting reports for the benefit of the next shift
Great job and employer
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee), Brunswick MEJanuary 6, 2015
Assigning rooms for room attendant for the day, inspecting 75 rooms per day. Making sure public areas were clean, Hiring employees when in season. Making schedules, anything that completed the job for the comfort of the guests.
productive and fun workplace
Banquet Set-up (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJanuary 5, 2015
clock in, wash dishes, and review the blueprint of how they wanted the room setup for the party. I would setup how they wanted and then i would run back upstairs to wash more dishes
Fun work environment with great management.
Guest Services (Current Employee), Tyler, TXJanuary 4, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of taking care of all phone calls and walk-ins. I have learned phone skills and customer service skills by working here. Management is involved and very helpful. My co-workers are very helpful and great people to work with. The hardest part of my job would be the hours. I often work nights and get home late. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with great people and learning new skills.

1 2 3 4 5