Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

Found 1,849 reviews matching the search
Unappreciated, poor management,unclean
Lobby Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDFebruary 5, 2017
I worked full-time in lobby, did meeting rooms and took care of The breakfast. The management have lack of communication,and there's favouritism ,no advancement,poor benefits if any and the place leads you on thinking there's job security when out of nowhere they "lay you off" due to being " overstaffed" but in reality they just replace you with someone who's in a halfway house so they can pay less and get a tax cut... I would not recommend working for this stuck up two faced company in BISMARCK , ND at all to anyone. Also staff around there like to talk behind everyone's back then befriend you to your face..just sickening.
The job itself was great though , thats all.
Pros
Cons
Poor place
There r no advacements here,no raises ,no vacations,no opportunity to better yourself
Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Weirton, WVJanuary 25, 2017
This company has no advancement,no vacations ,no hrs.!! Definitely no raises at all no overtime what's ever ! The workers are al am awesome ppl.but when there's nothing being offered to the employees it doesn't make it a very pleasant place to work ..Also it doesn't make you wanna continue to n with a company that doesn't want to benefit their employees!!
Pros
The employees r awesome to work with!
Cons
This company has nothing to offer!There's no raises, no vacations, no overtime, and Im looking to get out of the hotel business completely
productive
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYDecember 23, 2016
work days are sometimes stressful.
i have learned alot about the company and alot of the customers that come in.
management they are friendly and try to help as much as possible.
coworkers i love working with a few of them but some always tend to complain or just do not want to do the job.
the hardest part about the job is that sometimes you have to pick up beds and move them around. as well as i do not get many hours.
i enjoy when we can all come together at the work place and try to make it fun.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
short hours and no benefits
Comfort Inn
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCDecember 13, 2016
They will call out people who they don't care for, and let the hard working employees come in and work. They don't want employees to leave, but they need to give them a raise! Get rid of the employees who likes to ride on time, you have 24 minutes to clean a check out instead of 30, some rooms will be trashed and will take longer than 24. Higher ups don't care. I would never want anyone working here.
Pros
Free Lunches when sold out
Cons
Shorting time on how long to be in a room, no healthcare, don't want employees to leave
Bad experience working there
Maintenance Manager / Technician (Former Employee) –  Cohoes, NYNovember 22, 2016
Worked at 981 New Loudon Rd, Cohoes, NY. Ended up being the manager of maintenance and didn't want it, didn't have all the skills and never said I did. Owner was stupid enough to think that maintenance workers all knew everything,...LOL. Unlike him,...DUH!
Was supposed to get a raise and didn't, also had vacation pay and sick/personal pay denied/stolen. Numerous complaints filed with The Department of Labor here in New York State.
Pros
Most of the workers are good hard working people
Cons
It's a sweat shop
my Opinion
Manager of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 10, 2016
This is not a solid company to work for, a pit stop possibly for an extra income, but as far as making it a career it is not ideal. My employment was far too long, out of loyalty and commitment to myself and the company. Unfortunately my years devoted was not taken into consideration, You and your position are easily replaceable for lower paying new comers your hard work is overlooked to save them money, when times get tough for the company hire ups have no remorse when takin back what was given
Pros
for single mothers start and end times are convinient with school age children
Cons
no health insurance, raise freezes constantly, wage reductions when company does pourly, made well aware of your position being replaceable
It's a very interesting place to work, i learned a lot from my co-workers
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 23, 2016
Checking guest, running paperwork, i learned a lot about the hotel business, management could be a lot better, my co-workers are all awesome, the hardest part of the job is when i deal with unsatisfied guest, and the most enjoyable part about the job is the guest.
Pros
laid back
Cons
they don't give raises, no breaks, not a safe location, no real security
Not an only job type of job
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 17, 2017
If you are looking for a starter job with no room for advancement, minimal hours, low wages, and practically non-existent benefits, then this job could work for you. But if you want to be able to live on your own without government assistance, a roommate or two, you don't plan on having a family, and you can't work a second job to make all of this happen, then stay away.
Acceptable
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 23, 2016
The management is great, I have a great experience working in the environment. Great coworkers, and flexible date and time. The only bad thing is that the company do not pay well and there are no benefit. It is a great place to start, and get experience. The front desk receptionist allow me to have multiple experiences ( Sale, Customer Service, and many more). I work second and third shifts. Second shift is very busy because it is check in time. Third shift is an ease; little check in, some auditing, and breakfast. I relax in my third shift, and do all my school homework, so it is great for students that want a part time job.
Pros
Great management
Cons
no benefits, low pay
not a comfortable or enjoyable work environment. management very disrespectful, job is very difficult for minimal compensation
house keeper (Former Employee) –  Bordentown, NJOctober 22, 2016
Very bad manhandled. Staff is like being in Highschool with adult teenagers because of drama. Job is very hard, minimal pay, no benefits and extremely ingratifying work. People are disrespectful because they aren't treated will by front desk staff and take it out on house keepers, rip the rooms apart before departure and then Givin minimal amount of time to reassembled/clean the room again with no help if needed.
Pros
Cons
whole job
Comfort Inn
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJanuary 3, 2017
I was working almost 80 hours a week on Salary. I was being taken advantage of for quite some time when I finally decided to give a month notice. I am customer service oriented so it was hard to leave my guests but not hard to leave the poor management, I do not like to speak ill of others but this was a very difficult place to work.
It's a paycheck
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Jonesville, NC 28642January 14, 2017
This company has a great general manager, but a poor regional manager. Management is nice and will work with you on a lot of things. Training is extensive and you are not thrown into the work not knowing what you are doing.
Pros
discounts on hotel rooms, great management makes you feel like you matter
Cons
low pay, no benefits
Not structure
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2017
My review of this company disappointing at some point. I love the customers, because our clientele was gear to the airport. So you get to meet many people from around the world especially when their flights were cancelled. You have a great relationship with the flight-attendance and pilots. I worked the morning shift, so it help my to go by fast.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
No Health Benefits
people here are great!!!
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTOctober 17, 2016
I love working here and honestly aside from the pay this job is great although I wish I could get a little bit of benefits while generally working 40 hours a week. But the thing that makes working here so great is definitely the people. Nobody is discriminated against and if problems arise in personal like or you get sick the managers understand. Honestly this is my second family and if I didn't wish to get a higher pay i would never leave this job.
Very Bad experience!
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Avon, COFebruary 9, 2017
I have been working in this hotel for many years, All the Housekeeping supervisor have a poor knowledge about management people, conflict situations all the time that the managers never can handle in the appropriate way, no benefits, to much to do with a poor salary
Pros
Round year
Cons
The guest made it wonderful and the work was consistent.
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYJanuary 22, 2017
On January 1, 2017 the general manager/ co-owner sold the hotel. I enjoyed the work but I am looking to branch out. It is a really nice place to be but I can only grow so much with Comfort Inn.
Pros
I love the guests that come in and stay at the hotel.
Cons
No benefits, of any kind and no vacation
Good customer service job
Foxboro - Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Foxboro, MADecember 20, 2016
This is a great entry level customer service job but it is a small company so not a lot of room for growth. the new owners have made changes to the benefits pkg and they are nt as strong as they used to be.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Benefits limited
over all ok
Night Auditor, Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 4, 2016
management was very kind and understanding, job security and advancement wasn't. They did have benefits but wasn't much...wouldn't pay for experience and no raises.

Now owned by a new owner, no one is there from when I worked!
Pros
great managment
Cons
advancemnt wasn't so great as they promised
Productive and fun members
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WINovember 21, 2016
Work varies from day to day in how easy it is. The managers were always great and friendly. The hardest part of the job is that not all of the employees take pride in having a job by not showing up and leaving before they are done. The best part is that we became friends with the staff.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No benefits
Steady and hard
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCDecember 24, 2016
The co workers are great people hard workers.Easy to get along with Not enough hours,Low pay for certain positions with no raises or benefits.
Pros
Salary too Low for housekeepers
Cons
You never get a raise!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8