Comfort Inn Employee Review

Slow paced but easy job
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fortuna, CAJuly 17, 2014
A typical day includes swapping the laundry over from previous shift, counting til, checking in customers, marketing room upgrades, and a lot of waiting for the phone to ring or someone to walk through the door.

I learned that using a debit card when paying for transactions often ties up more of your funds than one may think and is unadvised when paying for a hotel room, use a credit card instead. I also improved on my 10 key typing skills.

Management could have been better. There was a lack of communication as the manager was seldom onsite. Any issues that needed resolving were dealt with some time after they had transpired. Spare towels and the like were kept behind lock and key, providing the bare minimum.

The co-workers that actually stuck around more than a month or two were great. For the most part the ones that left simply were not looking for serious employment.

The hardest part about the job was the lack of spare blankets, towels, and other personal items which meant I had to explain to customers that we were out of whatever they wanted more often than not. The lack of supplemental staffing was good for my wallet but not so well on my social life which in turn makes for a short fuse when dealing with customers with poor attitudes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was during school when it is slow and I could get my school work done. The other enjoyable part was fulfilling the needs of the customers who appreciated the service.
Small community. On slow workdays I can do school work.
No breaks or benefits

Other Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTMarch 19, 2018
Good work environment. Very friendly work place. Learned a lot of hands on skills. Felt very welcomed. Most enjoyable part was when the balance sheet and the accounts balanced without any error.
great place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEMarch 18, 2018
great hours and friendly co workers and supervisor, great benefita that included dental and eye...manangement was awsome..... i enjoyed working with great team members