Comfort Inn Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,527 reviews matching the search
Good Place to work
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Cameron, MOMay 27, 2016
Days can be hetic but nothing is something we can't handle. Learned many things about the customer world and that people can effect a business as one and as many. Workers are wonderful to work with but we all have our off days. Hardest is the expectations that are needed but once you are use to them then they get easier. Just have to give it a try and work at it to make it better.
Pros
that it is close to where I live and they are very flexable
Cons
No paid vacation, time off, or holidays
Interesting work
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waynesburg, PA 15370May 27, 2016
I meet people from all walks of life and have met some from other countries. Co-workers are all friendly and I work well with them
Pros
employee rate for rooms at any choice hotel
Cons
working every weekend
fun environment
Front Desk Agent/Relief Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WA 98034May 26, 2016
balance the days totals, answer phone make reservations, checking in and out guest.
Night audit procedures, how to investigate and correct any account errors made during the day.
Management was respectful and supportive
co-workers were good team players and friends
finding and correcting any errors made
interaction with guests
Pros
fun environment to work
Cons
low pay no benefits
a great place to work
Front Desk Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kodak, TNMay 24, 2016
became a proficient front desk associate along with a night auditor. Fun place to work - always nice and interesting new people to meet!
Pros
All the smiles
Cons
none really to speak of
I liked this job
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 24, 2016
I was a night auditor worked 11a.m. to 7p.m. This was a little different then Hampton Inn, The only difference was that I always have a different way of doing the audit at every hotel I worked at, and at this one I had to do breakfast with the first manger. The hotel was having problems with the owner It was going into foreclose at the bank to over and put a new GM in the hotel. when that happen the new manger put a breakfast person over breakfast really there was nothing I really did besides the breakfast. When the canyon closed that when busy because we were the first hotel out of the canyon. The hardest part of the job was staying awake during the night with nothing to do. I liked this job because there was all the time to get things done on the computer that I didn't get to get done at home. Like homework.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Nothing to do
good and sable
Breakfast Attendant & Front End Associate (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCMay 23, 2016
I love working with guest and meeting new people from different states. I do get My 40 hours every week and when i need a day off I ask in advance and the manager works with me to make sure my shift is covered.
Pros
get paid every week
Cons
working every weekend
Adequate place to work if you simply need employment.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOMay 21, 2016
Working in the hotel environment presents a unique set of challenges. When dealing with hundreds of people at a time and 3rd party reservation companies, it can be very taxing. There are booking errors and payment issues that you can't control. There are unruly children and drunk patrons you have to monitor, as well as many times people who simply don't feel they should have to abide by the hotels policies. All that being said, it does have it's good days. When booking is effortless, reservations are on point, and patrons are respectful and simply happy to be there, well on those days you may find it hard to believe you're working at all. All in all it is a stable, reliable employer if you simply need employment and are willing to endure it's hardships.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
No Breaks, Low Compensation
Great staff and friendly environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Donna, TXMay 20, 2016
A typical day at work is stress free when the staff work together to better the hotel. The guests that come and go really enjoy staying at the hotel not only for the great rooms but the service that is provided by the staff.
Working at the Comfort Suites was a learning experience.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTMay 20, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of me getting the list of rooms that need to be cleaned. Cleaning until my lunch break and occasionally going back to rooms if any cleaning was missed. I learned how to work hard and not take correction personally. The management changed three times over the summer so I learned how to adjust to different types of management. My co-workers were easy to get along with and we worked well as a team. The hardest part of the job was when laundry was slow and we had to work up to twelve hour shifts. The most enjoyable part was the community that was formed as we all worked together as a team and helped each other out.
Pros
We got breaks if we worked long hours and we also received tips.
Cons
Sometimes laundry was really slow which led to us working long hours.
To unorganize
Front Desk Mgr (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAMay 20, 2016
Whenever the were able to keep a manager the place would work smoothly or just as good as another work place. I basically learned more in management at this hotel. I was the front desk mgr and whenever they would loose a manager, I ended up taking over for them but was never good enough to be the General Manager. I was loved by my customers and co workers. Whenever I would not be there, the guest wanted to make sure I was going to return. The hardest part of my job was the after 7 years, they brought a GM that aimed for me and made my life there miserable. The owners told him that I was a great worker and they loved how I maintained my position as a Front Desk Mgr. I tried standing my grounds but it became unbearable. The most enjoyable part of my job was making the customers happy and the fact that I had coworkers that did not mind working under me. I really miss Comfort Suites, but I never wanted to leave nowhere with a bad reputation.
Pros
Free breakfast and happy hour
Cons
No benefits
Great Job for Night Hawks
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAMay 19, 2016
Excellent job if you are a night owl and good with people... low pay
Worked very well for me as a student, flexible days usually, +perks
Pros
easy, fun, good vibes
Cons
low pay
Learned alot from working in the hotel industry
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 18, 2016
My typical day at work was being the face of the hotel. I greeted, made reservations, supported the staff, ordered inventory, followed up with any issues in the hotel, and requested feedback on clients who stayed in the hotel. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the people who came into the hotel.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Low pay
A good experience with hospitality
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMay 18, 2016
The job was fun and easy to do. Some of the people were nice. The company's website was confusing. I didn't have all the tools I needed for the job. Would have been a better experience if the communication and training was better.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Communication, Website, Tools for the Job
Good place to work if the team works together
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2016
Private owners, The assistant manager is not to good and he is lazy always leaves a mess. I learn a lot from helping the Management team and learning the computer system pretty fast.
an ok place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mill Hall, PAMay 17, 2016
i enjoyed working with all the co-workers. i learned how to use the factory washer and dryers. management was great very helpful and caring.
Family feel in a professional workplace
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Robert, MOMay 16, 2016
As a retired veteran, I feel very supported by the company I work for (Comfort Inn/Ehrhardt Properties), and by the outstanding people who work alongside me each day. A typical day includes providing excellent service to our guests, maintaining a projected budget, and placing orders. Working with staff to ensure high-quality customer service is a priority. Providing assistance to team members and/or guests in escalated situations can be the most difficult part of this job. However, these same situations can be viewed as learning opportunities. The people I get to work with are what makes this company so enjoyable and no day is ever the same.
Pros
great pay with benefits
Territory Management- Five States
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Richfield, UTMay 16, 2016
I started networking via previous customers I have worked with in the past selling windows and doors. They asked for 500,000/year in sales I produced 1.2 million my first year. The job was wonderful but then owner got greedy and wanted me on the road 100% of the time. This is when we decided to relocate to Richfield Utah.
Pros
Compensation-Benifits
Cons
100% Travel
Comfort Inn
Front Desk /Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMay 12, 2016
Checking out guest and insuring the stay at 100% The Comfort Inn hotel was my first job in the hospitality industry. The management promoted me quickly. The hardest part of the job in when I got hired I had 1 title thereafter I had 15 titles. The guests were the most enjoyable part of my job
There is no I in Team
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEMay 10, 2016
The team at the Comfort Inn in Ellsworth Maine is an awesome place to work. If I could work there in the summer season and here in Kentucky in the winter, I would do it in a heart beat. Eve is very family oriented and believes in supporting her staff.
A lot of drama for a small amount of money
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 10, 2016
A typical day of work consist of coming in and cleaning up to 15-26 rooms and changing sheets on beds (majority of the room are rooms with double beds other with King sized beds) per work day. I learned that repetitive work is easy. I work well alone and productively. Management was pretty complicated because the housekeeping manager pretty much ran everything in the hotel. The main manager of the hotel rarely was seen or heard from. The assistant housekeeping manager was sister-in-law to the housekeeping manager and dating the manager of the hotel. It was just really unfair; they hired their daughters and pretty much did whatever they wanted to do. The hardest part of the job was being pregnant (started working at 13 weeks) and not feeling comfortable or equal enough to talk to the managers. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the other employee's we always stuck together and did our jobs.
Pros
Company parties; Christmas checks
Cons
Short breaks; poor management; poor working conditions; unfair treatment of emoloyees