Comfort Inn
1,063 reviews

Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

Moved all full-time to part-time except for management
Housekeeping and Breakfast Set (Former Employee), Piqua, OHJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Benefits when they were available
Cons: lack of care for employees
I loved working there until Midas came in and took over in the last year. Since then they have been trying to find reasons to move people to part-time. Many happy employees have left company because of this. I could not afford to go to part-time so I quit.
This job was so clos to my home that I could walk to work and I loved it. The coworkers were a family and it was fun as well as active.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCJuly 1, 2015
I would arrive early just so that I could help out in the laundry room before the worker arrived. We would have breakfast as well. Everything was done according to having enough linens for the housekeepers to have for their first trip around before they dropped laundry to be washed. We all did get along and it was great. If someone was having a bad day others would help out any way they could.
Fun place to work.
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Current Employee), Collinsville, ILJune 29, 2015
I have meet a lot of friendly people working here,great discount,management is outstanding,a great place to work,they give you recgoniction for your hard work.
shourt staffed they where selling the holtel
Director of Engineering (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 29, 2015
Day starts with being by myself a lot of work orders to be done first then have a meeting every morning with the GM to see what had to be done that day.
My Comfort Inn
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), Medford, NYJune 29, 2015
Pros: Very flexible hours
Cons: Dealing with low life every now and then
Each one is individually owned. Franchises are everywhere. That's why when you work at a hotel, you make sure that when your there your part of a family. Friends and people you see everyday you work need to mesh together and give support. My hotel does all of this on a limited staff. I work fifty five hours a week and i enjoy being there.
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Valley, WAJune 24, 2015
Met a lot of great guests and met there needs.Such a great staff.
fast and efficient they are always outgoing as well. Co workers always helped out as needed, great team work getting rooms looking perfect and clean
Nice Company to work for.
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 23, 2015
Pros: Management
Cons: open 24/7- No benefits
Nice place to work. Will work with you through school and co- workers are pleasant. Good Company to work for over all. Good experience.
upkeep of properity
Maintenance/Sales (Former Employee), Scottsboro, ALJune 21, 2015
get work orders and fix any problems that come up over night, door locks exc.checked the pool on a daily chart.just generail mantance duties.
great place to work.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Three Rivers, CAJune 20, 2015
Great job, management really nice, I prefer working night audit and management has been really good and has kept me full time night auditor. just to far to drive everyday.
NICE ONE
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 20, 2015
Pros: FREE HOT BREAKFAST
Cons: MORE CHAIRS IN BREAKFAST AREA
What to say.. First the place had fantastic staff, great food and the entertainment was good banter! Cant stress how well we were looked after and made feel at home.. We particularly wanted to give a mention to Jonny who was working almost every evening and made sure to make everything as easy as possible for us!
Very hardworking, Time management skills, customer service. Along with being a team player.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2015
I am a hard working person that is looking a a great team to apply my skills to. Am willing to work overtime and have flexible hours. My co workers would say that i am a great person to work with.
a quiet productive work place
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 19, 2015
Pros: i was the M.O.D.
Cons: benefits
after clocking in my night could have been very long or very short it was always some thing new, never a boring moment, that is what i enjoyed about the job the most. i also enjoyed working with my guest it was entertaining and a learning experience as well as a humbling experience at times, management and i had a very close relationship of which i valued.the hardest part of the job was slow nights.
Productive and supportive workplace
FRONT DESK CLERK (Former Employee), Leeds, AlabamaJune 19, 2015
Pros: Small, usually family-owned
Cons: Heavy customer service, large group check-ins
Management treats you like family. My coworkers and I all worked well together, which led to an overall environment that was enjoyable to work in. I worked as a front desk clerk, so it was a fast-paced hotel-based office. There is heavy customer service skills and patience expected with this job. A typical day for an employee is dependent on one's shift, and I worked both first and second shifts at this location. First shift included guest checkout and the occasional monitoring of the continental breakfast area, followed by an audit. This is the busiest part of the shift. Afterwards, you might expect to do some light cleaning (spray and wipe counters and doors to remove fingerprints, etc.) and perhaps some early afternoon check-ins. Second shift is strictly check-ins, but it is also the busiest shift because its based on room sales and guest service experience. Second shift requires friendly service, the ability to memorize information such as room rates and room information to relay to a guest. For example, the guest might ask to be placed in a non-smoking room on the first floor, away from high traffic areas. Additionally, you may check in large groups at this time. Expect to operate typical office equipment such as computer software, phones, fax/printer, and audit machine. Filing/Records.
Comfortable and educational experience
Customer Services (Former Employee), Florence, SCJune 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, Long Breaks
Cons: The long list of jobs
A typical day at work was following the orders of the General Manager. He gave me and my co-worker a list of things that needed to be cleaned and renovated. I learned the techniques of cleaning and housekeeping. The management was outstanding and easy-going. My co-workers were assets to the job. The hardest part of the job were some of the odd jobs I had to do that I never did before. But I paid attention to how my co-worker did the work, and I followed his example. The most enjoyable part of the job was how much I learned, and the personalities of my co-workers and the management.
Great Work Experience
Hotel Manager (Former Employee), Minot, NDJune 18, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: long hours
Worked with various customers, in a fast paced environment. The Hotel was very clean and tidy . Very organized and well maintained.
Nice place to work but no advancement and low pay.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Moberly, MOJune 16, 2015
Pros: getting to know guest, smoke breaks
Cons: no insurance, low pay
A typical day at work for me is a 7 am to 3 pm shift. I handle checking guests out, payments, adjustments, complaints. I also cleaned the lobby, breakfast room, guest bathrooms, count the cashier drawer and handling the gift shop. Since switching from 3 pm to 11 pm to 7 am to 3 pm I now have more employees on my shift including housekeeping staff, manager, and owner. The hardest part of the job is handling guest complaints and trying to keep our rating up. Also taking on the Supervisor job and responsibility without the benefits of being a Supervisor including pay raise and the title. I don't mind taking on the responsibility. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to talk and get to know guest of different backgrounds and what they are staying in this small town for and trying to help them in any way I can.
loved the environment
front desk associate (Former Employee), Pell City, ALJune 16, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: no communication from managment
it was overall a good job. I loved the hours and the customers. the job was easy and slow paced. the only thing I didn't really like was it was night shift so it got lonely at night.
fun place to work at.
Costumer Service/Stocker (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJune 16, 2015
Pros: work well with schedule
Cons: Low pay/hour
working for this company was okay. the bad part about me worked that is i would be working every day of the week and still dont have a decent check.
Great budget hotel
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), TexasJune 15, 2015
Pros: Godd pay
Cons: Lacking in benifits
Nice amenities and quality for a budget hotel. I learned a lot at one of my first hotels I had the pleasure to work for. It has a great work environment and a loyal following.
Job is OK
Night Auditor (Former Employee), ArkansasJune 15, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Managment
It was ok. The job was not what I was originally told. I had to fill every position from folding clothes to security. I was held responsible for anything that went wrong even if it was managements fault.

1 2 3 4 5