Comfort Inn Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,560 reviews matching the search
False hope
Night Auditor/ Front Desk/ Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 16, 2016
There is no benefits, no raises, the owner seems to think about only himself. The owner dresses like a frat boy, while demanding new hires show up in expensive pressed slacks at a job paying minimum wage. The staff always knows something about who is getting in trouble before the actual person does. If you do your job, expect to also do all your coworkers work too.
Pros
Great coworkers, great guests.
Cons
Bad owner, lack of incentives, lack of benefits
Great opportunity in dealing with the public.
Night Auditor/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 14, 2016
This job allowed me to be more comfortable in dealing with unhappy /irritable guests. A majority of our guests were regulars who become like family. Very enjoyable to do what it takes to make their stay a positive one. Although I worked alone on that Midnight shift, I was able to greet many of our guests during the breakfast time and checking them out and handling any problems I could with their accommodations. I worked well with my co-workers. I would say that the hardest part of this job/shift is when something goes wrong in guest room nd it's not something I am qualified to fix. Having to call in our Maintenance Manager at 3am was not ideal, however if we were booked and had no other room to put them in, that call had to be made.
Pros
Enjoyed the shift I worked at the time.
Cons
Worked alone on Midnights
Not a good work environment.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJune 13, 2016
Its not a good work environment, Employees are expected to do 4 and 5 peoples jobs everyday including your own foe very low pay. The manager has no clue of what he is doing and the place is run like a circus.
good place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAJune 13, 2016
i really felt at home at this place.it felt like everyone was family and just overall everyone worked as a team. they also did the best they could at getting employees help if needed
Most enjoyable Part of job
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 11, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is the coworkers I work with and the different people I get to meet during the day. The hotel I work for is run very well.
Pros
Good health/dental benefits
Cons
Almost no chance of a weekend off
demanding management and unorganized
Housekeeper & Asst.Head housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 8, 2016
i worked here for almost two years. it underwent owner changes but the management issues remained the same. there was a lot of demanding and bullying going on and you were talked down to. if issues were taken to the general manager the issues were not handled but simply ignored.
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 6, 2016
Comfort Inn is a very pleasant place to work. The computer program is very easy to manage. Taking and processing hotel reservations are skills that are taught through an online course and hands on training.
The housekeeping staff, front desk employees, and management are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Friendly environment, available management support
Cons
No regular raises
Awful place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 3, 2016
I worked in housekeeping, and the supervisor was awful. She treated me like i was beneath her. I would never recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
i liked the assistant manager
Cons
everything else
bad management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJune 3, 2016
poor attitude, and communication, dirty work environment, pay was short, and scheduling was always a hassle, and they had a bad bug problem
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
Great clientele, Home to the Kansas City Royals Minor leauge
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZJune 3, 2016
-Everything is well organized for the most part. The person who was on shift before me would always prepare notes on what had happened the during their shift , so everyone is always on the same page of what to expect in the day.

- I learned how to communicate with many different people , multitask, Review audit, as well as maintain the hotel for an enjoyable stay.

- Management is friendly, and tries their hardest to make sure everyone is accommodated .

- The Hardest part of my job would have to be not having enough to do throughout the 8 hour shift.

- Out of everything , I enjoy the people the most . I love seeing someone smile when they know they have a place to go whether it's for the night or several weeks.
Pros
Experiance, flexible hours, guaranteed 8 hour shifts.
Cons
Schedualing errors, Lack of busy work, no breaks given, and you are on your feet all day .
fun
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 3, 2016
exciting to work at. The staff is very hard-working, work as a team, gets the job done, and in a timely manner. I enjoyed the most was how we all worked together. We would ask someone for help and we all did it like that so working at Comfort Suites is one of my best!
negative
front desk/ night auditor (Former Employee) –  Benbrook, TXJune 2, 2016
Comfort Suites is a fun job but the staff and management are horrible. The management is rude to customers and employees. no benefits or advancement opportunities. I liked the company but they need top hire better staff. I learned a lot from this job because I had many different tasks to do throughout my day which I enjoyed. My favorite part of this job was interacting with the guests in the hotel and helping to make their stay enjoyable
Pros
fun job, lots of knowledge aquired
Cons
rude management, no advancement
Horrible Management
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEJune 2, 2016
It was a great place to work at for the first month, co-workers were great and very welcoming. It was a team, we all worked together and got along great in and outside of work. The problem was the manager, she honestly doesn't care for her employees, she rather get the day off or leave early then to stay and help with whatever is left to do and even on a busy day. If you have children or are still in school, keep looking because she doesn't see those as priorities. She will set you up for failure, making her employees work their butts off because we are so understaffed, yet she won't do anything to solve the problems, you'll never see her work more than 9 hours a day while the rest of us work 16 hour shifts.
Good Place to work
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Cameron, MOMay 27, 2016
Days can be hetic but nothing is something we can't handle. Learned many things about the customer world and that people can effect a business as one and as many. Workers are wonderful to work with but we all have our off days. Hardest is the expectations that are needed but once you are use to them then they get easier. Just have to give it a try and work at it to make it better.
Pros
that it is close to where I live and they are very flexable
Cons
No paid vacation, time off, or holidays
Interesting work
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waynesburg, PA 15370May 27, 2016
I meet people from all walks of life and have met some from other countries. Co-workers are all friendly and I work well with them
Pros
employee rate for rooms at any choice hotel
Cons
working every weekend
fun environment
Front Desk Agent/Relief Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WA 98034May 26, 2016
balance the days totals, answer phone make reservations, checking in and out guest.
Night audit procedures, how to investigate and correct any account errors made during the day.
Management was respectful and supportive
co-workers were good team players and friends
finding and correcting any errors made
interaction with guests
Pros
fun environment to work
Cons
low pay no benefits
a great place to work
Front Desk Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kodak, TNMay 24, 2016
became a proficient front desk associate along with a night auditor. Fun place to work - always nice and interesting new people to meet!
Pros
All the smiles
Cons
none really to speak of
I liked this job
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 24, 2016
I was a night auditor worked 11a.m. to 7p.m. This was a little different then Hampton Inn, The only difference was that I always have a different way of doing the audit at every hotel I worked at, and at this one I had to do breakfast with the first manger. The hotel was having problems with the owner It was going into foreclose at the bank to over and put a new GM in the hotel. when that happen the new manger put a breakfast person over breakfast really there was nothing I really did besides the breakfast. When the canyon closed that when busy because we were the first hotel out of the canyon. The hardest part of the job was staying awake during the night with nothing to do. I liked this job because there was all the time to get things done on the computer that I didn't get to get done at home. Like homework.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Nothing to do
good and sable
Breakfast Attendant & Front End Associate (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCMay 23, 2016
I love working with guest and meeting new people from different states. I do get My 40 hours every week and when i need a day off I ask in advance and the manager works with me to make sure my shift is covered.
Pros
get paid every week
Cons
working every weekend
Adequate place to work if you simply need employment.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOMay 21, 2016
Working in the hotel environment presents a unique set of challenges. When dealing with hundreds of people at a time and 3rd party reservation companies, it can be very taxing. There are booking errors and payment issues that you can't control. There are unruly children and drunk patrons you have to monitor, as well as many times people who simply don't feel they should have to abide by the hotels policies. All that being said, it does have it's good days. When booking is effortless, reservations are on point, and patrons are respectful and simply happy to be there, well on those days you may find it hard to believe you're working at all. All in all it is a stable, reliable employer if you simply need employment and are willing to endure it's hardships.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
No Breaks, Low Compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8