Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn Employer Reviews

Not a career
MAINTENANCE WORKER (Former Employee), Kingsland, GANovember 17, 2014
The job was good. The only issue is that the owner was cheap and there was no raises giving out to the staff. Nor did he want to spend money on the right materials to work with. I would never work for them again.
An okay work enviorment
Guest Services/ Auditor (Former Employee), Newnan GeorgiaNovember 16, 2014
I came in very late at night to run the night audit and all the credit card transactions for the whole day. I interacted with late check in customers and checked them into a room. The hardest part of the job was working night shift,
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Mitchell, SDNovember 15, 2014
Pros: 1/2 hr. lunches and paid vacation
very fast paced, needing to have great customer service, great management, awesome co-workers. can be long days. Meeting new people
Busy with not enough time
General Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 15, 2014
Pros: owners care to give chances to employees
Cons: no benefits unless you worked holiday
I come in and check on the hotel with the presentation. I look at my work email and check reports. I make sure that my employees have plenty of things to do in the shift work that they are doing. There is times that I work the desk.
Nice place to work with amazing view
Guest Service Agent/ Night Auditor (Former Employee), Solomons, MDNovember 14, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, free parking, employee discounts
Cons: benefits, pay
Maintained reservations for approximately 90 hotel rooms.
• Handled payment transactions using cash, credit cards and traveler’s checks.
• Maintained incoming and outgoing mail, faxes and documents for guest and staff.
• Reset the computer system for the next day’s operations.
Productive workplace
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati OhioNovember 11, 2014
This job involved a lot of clerical/administrative work. I enjoy the hotel industry, I have worked in the hotel industry for 14yrs.There is not really a hard part of the job except dealing with rude customers. I am a caring, fun, individual who likes to interact with customers.
working to this company is fun.
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKNovember 10, 2014
Pros: friendly employees and helpful.
Cons: not that strict management.
Everyday it just a normal routine day to day work.
What I learned to this company is I can call or ask help to another Hilton Hotels maintenance for additional support.
Departmental management always have meeting for advancement or improvement to the property. I miss working to this place.
The hardest part of the job is when power outrage happen.
I – more... enjoy working to this company because you can learn multiple skills and fun to work with different and friendly people. I also enjoy after work fishing at the back of this property. – less
Fun staff, terrible management
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Weed, CANovember 10, 2014
I was one of the main housekeepers others went to, to get help or ask questions. Up until i left I was up for the Head House keeper position. The manager would not keep her personal issues with me away from the work place and purposefully made my work difficult for me to be happy.
unorganized
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Wheelersburg, OHNovember 10, 2014
Pros: tips from customers
Cons: poor work ethics
tried to pay me under the table and I always had to clean up after the night shift which slowed me down on MY actual job.
Fun place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Haverhill, MANovember 8, 2014
Pros: fun place
Cons: low pay
Low pay, but for a teenager is an ok job. No advancemet and the hours are bad, is hotel industry
A learning experience from day 1
GUEST SERVICE MANAGER/SALES COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Glenmont, NYNovember 7, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job is the people who walk through the front door and the relationships I have developed with each and every one of them. The customer service I provide my guests is like second nature to me, it's the best part of this job!
Productive work place
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Hawthorne, NYNovember 6, 2014
Everyone there is very friendly.
Days aren't really long.
Just a day of laundry
pretty good work place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Perryville, MONovember 3, 2014
I would check guests in and out of hotel, I have worked in the hotel field before and i really like it. The hardest part of the job was my manager. He didn't like to schedule us workers for 40 hours a week, and I wanted to work more than what I was being scheduled.
Fun place to work with good teamwork and a good boss.
Side Work (Current Employee), Richfield, UTNovember 3, 2014
Pros: free drinks (coffee, lemonade) and cheep breakfast that tastes good. a good work environment
Cons: really slow in the winter time, so less hours to work.
Its a fun place to stay at, that provides comfortable rooms and breakfast. I take the sheets and towels out of a room so the maids can get the beds and bathrooms clean without wasting time on taking the dirty stuff out. That way we can get costumers in quicker and they enjoy the stay more. I learned how to clean windows and mirrors without leaving streaks, – more... and how to make beds without the sheet and comforter hanging out and making it look funny. The manager is a good manager, and good at what she does. The hardest part of the job is walking up and down the stairs all day (usually if the elevator is broken), and being in a hurry because a tour checked in earlier than planed. The most enjoyable thing about the job is meeting new people from around the world and getting to know how different our culture and traditions are from around the world. – less
beautiful calm environment and amazing staff
Front Desk (Former Employee), Reno, NVNovember 2, 2014
Pros: excellent staff
Cons: no lunch break
Great management, wonderful informational and training programs, clean work environment.
It is a good place for start up jobs
Still, Night Auditor (Former Employee), San Diego CalifroniaOctober 29, 2014
Pros: nil
Cons: nil
The management is very weak but can be better if the owner try to invest of human resource which now they dont want to think even about it.
Relaxed management,
Breakfast Hostess (Current Employee), Topeka, KSOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: bad pay, apathetic management
Typical day at work is stressful and not rewarding. Routine tasks performed, cooking, cleaning, customer service. Management is too relaxed and shows apathy for the kitchen environment, especially KDHE and OSHA guidelines. Owner does not allow me to exceed 4 hours a day on weekdays, so stress is high level to perform all duties assigned within this – more... time frame. Most enjoyable part is the co-workers, but the high turnover rate is frustrating. – less
Nice company to work for.
FRONT DESK CLERK (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 23, 2014
Pros: nice working enviroment
Cons: n/a
Check guests in and out. Resolve any issues with the guests. Make reservations. Balance drawer at the end of my shift. Pleasant co-workers. Nice management. Most enjoyable part of the job, happy guests.
Fast-paced environment with easy going and fun workers.
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Surprise, AZOctober 22, 2014
Pros: incentive programs.
Cons: no breaks for night attendants. little pay for graveyard shifts.
Every day is a new adventure, indeed. The management is friendly and fun. Great opportunities to advance and grow. They are really good at covering the company while still supporting the staff when things are difficult. I've been able to cross train in every department and have been given the chances to learn all about hotel procedures.
Stressful
Front Desk/ Housekeeper (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOOctober 22, 2014
Cons: no breaks
answered phones, checked guests in and out of the hotel, made reservations also did laundry,breakfast clean up and housekeeping.