Comfort Inn
1,029 reviews

Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

Truly a great place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILApril 7, 2015
Great energy, thriving work environment. Management and co workers together, a positive force to keep this business going. Customers make the experience even more enjoyable.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Wytheville, VAApril 6, 2015
The manager was terrific. He was caring and understanding.

The most enjoyable part about the job was the feeling that you get from a job well done.
Working with family
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYApril 6, 2015
I like this job because I worked with my extended family (in laws). I adjusted well to them because I understood them more by working with them.
Night Auditor
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Sandusky, ohioApril 1, 2015
Pros: hours, discounts, easy work
Cons: management, pay
I was a night Auditor, always had something to do and hours always few buy. When higher-ed in i was to work on comfort inn for 3 days and 2 days at comfort suites which was right next door. I was asked to change shifts to an after noon shift for the summer being summers was the busiest time of the year. I accepted only to find out after winter that my switch was a permanent switch. and they higher-ed someone else to take the hours that i was doing. over nights. Management would have full house and only have housekeeping clean minimum rooms that showed reserved for night. availability online says more rooms available so rooms would be booked online with no clean rooms for them to stay
fun workplace.
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Albany, NYApril 1, 2015
Its nice place to work, every costumer is so nice and friendly. You can learn so many good things and new experience by working in such places.
It was a Great job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Smyrna,GaMarch 31, 2015
I was the morning shift Front desk clerk. I was responsible for checking in/out guest. I also prepared breakfast and coffee for the breakfast bar. Count money when coming in and leaving to balance shift. My most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the guest.
Productive for the most part. You have your slow days, and you have your busy days.
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Henderson, KYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Able to meet people from all over
Cons: No Healthcare coverage offered, Half of the year is slow
A typical day for me is checking people in and out, which only last for about a few hours... Then the rest of the day is pretty much slow so you have to find something to do with your spare time.
Something I learned here in this work enviorment is that good customer service is key to this and many other jobs.
All my co-workers pretty much have the same typical type of day as me.
The hardest part of my job is the winter time. Winter is the slowest part of the year here at the hotel. There will be days that MAYBE we will have 3-4 people here staying. So it does get very boring.
Now the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people from different places, hearing peoples life stories, finding out about people. Thats the part i enjoy.
The workplace
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Bluefield, VAMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at work was checking in guest, assigning rooms to guest, answering phones and making reservations.
I learned how to do the night audit, I learned how to be a problem solver.
The management here is good, they get the job done.
Co workers are easy to get along with and are a lot like family
the hardest part of the job is the guest not being satisfied with the rooms, or the rate.
the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all the different people that come in.
Horrible place
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Lake Ariel, PAMarch 29, 2015
I would not enough anyone to work here. They do not respect you or your time. They do not pay you enough $$ for the amount of time they schedule you for. They are rude and so are the customers.
nice place to work
Front Desk Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee), Elko, NVMarch 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches lots of overtime
Cons: no benefits at all
nice place to work meeting people from all over the world. very clean atmosphere well organized good management some days are very busy some are not depending upon the amount of reservations,hardest part of job is verbal abuse meeting new customers and having security
Customer Service; Being able to multi-tasked in a fast paced environment
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLMarch 29, 2015
Working in the hospitality business you have to be able to multi-task, as well as keep a pleasant smile on your face while dealing with guests inquiring about the hotel. Being able to handle any/all guest issues at a timely manner, while insuring them their stay will continue to be comfortable.
Front desk
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Meeting guests from around the wolrd
Cons: no job security, no holliday pay, no breaks, no over time allowed
A typical day at work would be checking guests in and out.
I learned how to use a complicated system. It helps me out a lot with my people skills.
Nice place to work with guests and staff.
front desk clerk (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAMarch 28, 2015
The hotel itself is great place to work. The management was not good to work with. The staff was a pleaser to work with. Liked to help guests with the reservations, and with anything they needed once there.
Productive workplace and fast paced
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Taylor, MIMarch 28, 2015
Pros: meeting new people and learning something new everyday
Cons: No Benefits
A typical day at work for me starts at 7 a.m. I count my drawer and relieve the night shift. I go over my paperwork, then i read any special notes from the prior shifts on guests folios, fix any folio errors or adjustments. In the morning, I check the guests out of their rooms, answer any questions they may have, and address and solve any complaints that they have in a respectable timely manner. I also set up housekeeping by assigning their rooms, and noting any request a guest leaves for them. During my shift, I also gather all the billing invoices together, and fax over the invoices to all of our direct bill accounts. Also receive the payments, and process them in our system. I am also responsible to checking guests in as our check in time is 2 p.m. I will also calculate the hours on the time cards, and give them to the accountant. I also am in charge of all group sales. So, I deal with all brides and parties that come to the hotel. At Comfort Inn and Suites, we monitor the safety of all guests and employees. We know who is a guest, and do not let any unregistered guests to a room, as it is for the security of everyone in the hotel. I have learned so much from my start here as the Sales Manager. I learned that you have to stay on top of all issues, and follow through with guests. I learned that it is important to listen to the customer and maintain professionalism when there is a problem. I learned that taking notes, and relaying messages to my other co-workers is also a key to success to make sure all guests have an enjoyable stay with us. My co-workers at the front desk – more... I would call my second family. Even though we all work different shifts, and can never have time to go out as a group, we are all very close. Everyone is a hard worker, though some stronger than the others. My housekeepers are pretty good too. Though, some find that housekeeping isn't like cleaning their own house, and we have the complainers and the hard workers. The hardest part of my job is trying to cover other departments shifts, while I am busy at the front desk. Though, as I don't dwell on whats hard, the most enjoyable part is happy guests. When we get a guest compliment, or when a guest leaves and they have a smile on their face, that's how I know we did our job right. – less
Not a good place.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Mansfield, PAMarch 26, 2015
The management here always talked behind each others backs. Never helped out each other, and never did anything about conflicts. There were always problems.
very productive
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNMarch 24, 2015
just a typical day

didnt learn much with my experience already

management they were alright

co-workers- just typical co-workers

cleaning rooms

most enjoyable: dont remember was so long ago
Nice and comfortable affordable Hotel
Houseman (Former Employee), Watford City, NDMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free breakfast and coffee nice and neat place
Cons: none and i really mean that
Comfort inn was a great place I Had a blast working here I got along with everyone customers were great. Very nice upscale clean place with awesome management.
Comfort Inn is good place to be it is a good job and u do have management and good co-workers
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 23, 2015
it is a good job to have and u can mover up comfort Inn is a nice place to stay in i would let people know about the Comfort Inn if u want to work at the comfort Inn most part of the job u get the chance to meet good people Everyday and u can be success on your job
poor management
housekeepig (Former Employee), beloit, wiMarch 23, 2015
manager never there to be there for customers. it good place to work at but need more appreciated workers there as front desk.
productive and steady speed
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 20, 2015
clean the hotel rooms. i enjoyed helping costumers as best as i could with any questions that they might have had. The days sometimes went really fast because theres days that the guest dont want full service