Comfort Inn Employee Reviews

It’s a fun work place
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Austintown, OHOctober 27, 2017
The people are very nice to work for and with. There are times when you do get overwhelmed and overtime. Every one try’s to work as a team. Communication is a problem around here sometimes.
Pros
Discounts on rooms
Cons
No paid vacation
Guest Services Driver (Current Employee) –  Avenel, NJOctober 27, 2017
Great people work here. Could use better communication among the employees. The job can be stressful if you let it be and only certain people who know how to deal different customer personalities should apply.
Politics of Company
Ambassador Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2017
If they don't agree with you politics they consider you not part of a team. If you a new employee they tend to show other employees who where there before you valuable when they do incomplete in incompetents work,
Meeting new people from all walks of life.
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Mill Hall, PAOctober 27, 2017
A typical day was meeting people from all 50 states that needed a place to rest their head at night. You would clean their rooms and make them feel at home. Overall it was ok but when your coworkers did not want to help you, the day just dragged on.
Loved working at the beach and worked with the best people
Night Auditor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLOctober 27, 2017
Working here was fun, oceanfront hotel, meeting new people and watching them make memories, always something to learn in the hotel business. Everyone I worked with had a great attitude towards work and enjoyed their jobs. The benefits were above average. Workplace culture was fun, laid back/relaxed, uniforms weren't "stuffy" and managers tried to make things fun for the employees with providing free luncheons and employee acknowledgement.
Pros
working with amazing people, being on the beach, benefits
Cons
management needed improvement
Good place to network
Front Desk Supervisor/Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 27, 2017
This job helped me to work on my networking skills. Due to people I met here, I gained opportunities in other companies, not all hotels either. Seeing new people every day makes the job more interesting.
My Thoughts
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brooks, KYOctober 26, 2017
The hotel and management is no longer there due to Musselman Hotel Company has sold it since I left due to harassment from management staff.

Previous management was outstanding to work for and gave me the training to successful advance myself into the company if I had stayed. They treated the staff with honor and dignity. When it came to family or health matters they stood behind you. They made you feel more like family then just an employee.
Pros
Outstanding training for advancement
Cons
Company I loved didn't do anything to stop harassment by last management and guests.
nope
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Vernon, INOctober 25, 2017
sucky people sucky management just plan sucky. didn't see people for days and unfair treatment and pay. sat in the room and watch you on camera and called to make orders never even talked to owners
excellent place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEOctober 24, 2017
best job I ever had.people great to work with I loved all of my staff members. the general manage was fantastic...fair and a great person. if I hadnt moved I would have loved d to stay indefinitely
Pros
dicount on rooms....medical ins...dental ins....401 k ...life insurance
fun place to work and meet new and interesting people.
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UtahOctober 23, 2017
I started as a housekeeper part time and then moved to full time doing the night audit. I enjoyed my job as i prefer working the public.
Im personable, dependable and reliable. Always willing to learn more.
Co-workers were pleasant and helpful.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Layton, UT 84041October 23, 2017
I do not feel comfortable reviewing a company I left almost 19 years which I am confident is not at all the same now. I quit because the Managers teen-age daughters were allowed to look at personnel payroll and other records and made off handed comental about the emploees.
great way to practiced people skills.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MIOctober 23, 2017
I enjoyed doing this job. It was very helpful in growing with people skills. Also I enjoyed the hours I worked . Daytime shift was very suitable for my life with young children at home to care for. IPer the manager I was also able to work on school work when there weren't any customers .
Pros
discount on hotel rooms and swimming pool
Cons
no benefits.
Not a good place
Director of Sales, Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAOctober 23, 2017
GM was nasty and many unhappy employees. Property was rundown and in great need of a renovation. Many weekend clients were drug dealers and shady types
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Balanced work place but management needs tuning
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIOctober 23, 2017
Hours can work out great for you but management runs the establishment immature. Guests bring a friendly vibe to the business . Managing different groups like weddings or sports team are fun and experiencing
Pros
Hours and stability
Cons
Bad management
Fun
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 22, 2017
Liked the employees, disliked the company. The company didnt take care of their employees like that should have and when we had problems, nothing was done.
Housekeeper (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYOctober 21, 2017
Fast-paced work environment, work day passed fairly quickly. Great management and scheduling. Learned to pay close attention to detail because the standards of cleanliness are very high for cleaning a room and having it prepared for the next guest.
good teamwork at comfort inn
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAOctober 19, 2017
well its alot of rooms to clean so the teamwork is very great we get it done very quick. i love the effort also and how we seemed to make our boss smile and never have a complain about us or our work. we were very focused and very hands on.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short breaks
Slow
Guest Relations Coordinator ǀ (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 18, 2017
I worked there for a year and half and was told on 3 different occasions that I would be receiving a raise and never did. The manager hired 3 new people at the same time and every single one of them was hired on making $3-$4 more than I was making after being there for 18 months and never getting a raise. No health benefits, no lunch breaks, pay was horrible.
Produtive work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 18, 2017
I never had a problem there. I loved working and helping my guest. The management was great the hardest part was cleaning the rooms that was badly trashed. The most enjoyable part was everything about the place
Pros
Graet business
Cons
Parking for employes
The staff worked together extremly well.
Front Desk Receptionist/ Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, MIOctober 18, 2017
This was one of my favorite places to work, most of the staff were all acquaintances and our relationships were mended working together. If you ever had an emergency you weren't made to feel guilty or in trouble everyone worked together so well it was amazing.
Pros
Free food, room to grow and a positive fulfilling work/life balance.
Cons
Not sure about benefits