Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn Employer Reviews

Was able to learn how all shifts worked.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: enjoyed the hours i worked.
Cons: don't a full time job.
Worked 32 hours weekly. Check in and out guest of the hotel.

Kept the office clean. Was able to help with group when checked
into the hotel, give direction for different things to see and
do in the Portland Metro area.
Diversity
Guest Service (Current Employee), Urbana, ILFebruary 13, 2015
Working at Comfort Suites lets me interact with a variety of people from all over. I learn a lot about the business and different ways to handle any situation.
I learned a lot about franchise operation system in hotels and it is just wonderful.
Manager (Current Employee), El Centro, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: centrally located
Cons: very hot in summer
It is a very good franchise hotel and so much opportunities to learn more and more about hotel operation. Very good team to work with. The guest seems to be very happy staying at this hotel.
Who doesn't love candles
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: staff and product
Cons: no control over ordering inventory
Our location had the highest ADR in the district simply because my entire staff just loved, loved, loved candles. It's easy to sell something your are passionate about.
Fun workplace
Front Desk Agent & Maintenance (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: discounts, discounted lunches, experience in my major
Cons: short breaks, horrible training for maintenance, not being paid attention to
Typical day on the maintenance side was checking the maintenance log, talking to the front desk agents about complaints, performing preventative maintenance on rooms, keeping the grounds clean, and much more.
Management at the time handled me as an intern/employee not so appropriately and gave me no type of training on the maintenance side. Threw me out into the field with no experience. Part of my intern agreement was to work front desk as well during the summer. I did not get to that part of the agreement until early fall despite my numerous times asking for training on the position.
The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying customers whether happy or mad, just giving them satisfaction is what made things worth it.
Fast pace friendly environment.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Spokane, WAFebruary 6, 2015
Learning the jobs responsibilities for the first time was a bit challenging at first. Finding my routine kept me organized, and keeping up with my room time was important from day two. Starting in the summer time was a faster pace environment.
Desk Clerk-Night Auditor (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day at work was greeting people and checking them in/out of the hotel. Also to make sure that their stay was the best.
Front Desk
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Savannah, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Check in and out quest. Collected cash,checks,and credit payment for customers,Greet and smile.and cleaning service.
My job is a pleasant place to work and be to myself.
Room Service Attendant (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCFebruary 4, 2015
I like working at Comfort Suites because when I am doing my rooms I can concentrate on what I have to do and not be bothered and also I can think clearly about anything I have on my mind.Comfort Suites is also a peaceful environment very pleasant and I love my coworkers.
Challenging Creative Workplace.
DIRECTOR OF SALES AND MARKETING (Former Employee), Dallas Pike, WVFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: no two days were ever the same.
Cons: service staff falling short on what the sales office had promised to deliver.
A typical day at work involved:
Responsible for day to day operations of sales and marketing department for a 160 room hotel. Developed and implemented all sales department policies and procedures. Created: Group Tour Packaging (providing “one stop shopping” for tour planners.) - Tour Operator, Group Leader, Comfort Corporate Club, and Banquet Brochures and Meeting and Banquet menus. Developed and Implemented: “The Comfort Corporate Club,” “Service Station Program,” “Comfort Cash,” “The Great Jelly Bean Caper,” including acquisition and redemption criteria, monitoring and tracking systems for all in-house guest reward programs, in addition to Advertising for special events.
I learned that every guest is unique.
The hardest part of the job was the initial restructuring of the sales office.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure that every single guest had the best possible experience when staying at my hotel
Room Attendant (Current Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 3, 2015
I overall liked the job itself, the environment is was I did not like. The manager was very unprofessional and showed favoritism between the coworkers.
Customer service at its best
Front Desk/ Guest Services (Current Employee), Tinley Park, ILFebruary 1, 2015
I enjoy working here @ comfort, its more laid back however very professional. So i appreciate the experience its taught me.
hotel work
director of operations (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 31, 2015
no 2 days were ever the same. enjoyed the guests and the staff. owners were great wish I would've stayed long enough to get certified as a general manager.
Great Manager
Front Desk Manager and Audit Supervisor (Former Employee), Wheelersburg, OHJanuary 30, 2015
This Comfort Inn had an Owner/Manager that was wonderful to work for. Both his wife and he were understanding and great to work with as they would roll up their sleeves and work side by side with their employees.
Nice place to work, it was just too physical for me
Breakfast Chef (Former Employee), Blacksburg, VAJanuary 26, 2015
I was happy here, the wark was very hard though, the people were nice to work with, there was not too much business. I did not think that mopping floor and doing windows inside and out went along with the discription of breakfast cook
new exciting day everyday
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ILJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: not enough hours and pay is low
answered multi lined phones. Handled guests needs. Provided the best customer service to my ability. Great team work and super great place to work
Comfort Inn Summary
Front Desk/Customer Service (Current Employee), Saint Clairsville, OHJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: it is a job.
Cons: no healthcare; basically minimum wage
A typical day at Comfort Inn is checking in guests; answering the phones; run reports; create and cancel reservations; assists guest; greeting guests; folding rags; cleaning; count cash drawer and be professional at your job. I have learned that Comfort Inn at different locations. Some can guest friendly and some aren't. Management and front desk should not run by best friends. I feel best friends and spouses should not work together. Too many conflicts can create hard feelings. I get along with everyone. I love people and if there would be a issue; I will be respectable about that issue. I am easy to get along with; some folks aren't. I have learned to do my job and stay out of the way. The hardest part of my job is when old old folks come in and want a room. They have to leave after a long day drive because they can not afford a 170.00 dollar a night hotel. We are in gas/oil country and I feel that hotels can get very greedy. Plus, most of the chains here don't offer benefits and pay minimum wage; hotels should offer something for their employees. After all; it is the employees that keeps that business up and running. My most enjoyable part of my job is I love people. The guests are so amazing with their stories about their travels, life, family or even their jobs.
I left Comfort suites
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: catered lunches and free drinks
Cons: they dont really give you time to learn the job. the other workers there are very rude.
I was not getting the beds right. The women who trained me didn't do it right. I was still held responsible for not completing the task at hand.
Hospitality with a smile
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Checking in guests, making reservations, and accommodating guests to make sure they have an enjoyable stay.
Like to work with people?
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Toms River, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Great place to work at if you like people. I worked there while going to nursing school so the schedule worked for me! Management is hard to get along with but you just suck it up and know you're getting a paycheck.

Comfort Inn Salaries