Comfort Inn Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,545 reviews matching the search
productive fast paced cleaning job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NYFebruary 23, 2016
a typical day would include stripping rooms and getting dirty linen ready to be washed folded then put away.the hardest part of the job was getting guests to leave, the most enjoyable part of the job was my boss who always wanted her employees to do well.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
cleaning a room in under 30 minutes
a pleasant place to work
Housekeeping/cook (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 16, 2016
This is one of the most lay back stress free places I have ever worked. If you need anything all of the management was there to help you the best they could.The hardest part was lifting the beds after so many rooms it got harder to left them.
Pros
friendly people to work with
Cons
the break was to short
To unorganize
Front Desk Mgr (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAMay 20, 2016
Whenever the were able to keep a manager the place would work smoothly or just as good as another work place. I basically learned more in management at this hotel. I was the front desk mgr and whenever they would loose a manager, I ended up taking over for them but was never good enough to be the General Manager. I was loved by my customers and co workers. Whenever I would not be there, the guest wanted to make sure I was going to return. The hardest part of my job was the after 7 years, they brought a GM that aimed for me and made my life there miserable. The owners told him that I was a great worker and they loved how I maintained my position as a Front Desk Mgr. I tried standing my grounds but it became unbearable. The most enjoyable part of my job was making the customers happy and the fact that I had coworkers that did not mind working under me. I really miss Comfort Suites, but I never wanted to leave nowhere with a bad reputation.
Pros
Free breakfast and happy hour
Cons
No benefits
Great opportunity for advancement.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYJanuary 6, 2016
I loved working in hospitality for this property. I was rewarded often for great work and other customer service achievements. I was with this institution for a little over 7 years and I am thankful everyday for the opportunities I was offered. I started as a part time night auditor and within 6 years I had become the assistant general manager of a 145 room property. The clientele was wonderful. Many of the same return guests and it made the job even, more so, worth it all. Meeting new people was my number one excitement, every day.
productive
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 24, 2016
my days was always great and I was forever learning new things. the management team was great at making sure the staff had everything they need to complete a successful work day. the entire staff was friendly and willing to help each other. I enjoyed every minute of my job.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
no health care
Horrible Owner
Night Audit Manger (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXJune 23, 2016
The owner of this speciafic Comfort Inn is not suitable for her position. She expects her employees to do all of the work while pomising raises she has no intention of doing. The overall job...may have been better if I had actually been trained at all for my job.
Very clean and productive individuals
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 18, 2016
It was a great experience and fun energetic people to work with. I can say this is something I would do again in the future but to build a better foundation and learning more about this position to further to educate myself on the background of how things are done.
Not a bad job if you don't mind getting screamed at on a daily basis!
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMarch 16, 2016
Small cozy hotel with a lot of potential. Unfortunate that the owners do not seem to care enough about this hotel. Great location and mostly great employees.
Pros
Work alone with no supervisors breathing down your neck.
Cons
Too many to mention!
Wish i didn't want to look for another job.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NEJanuary 4, 2016
It is a great job to work in the hospitality business. You meet new people everyday from all over the place. If it wasn't for the poor management I would stay at this location, but due to the hostile environment that the manager creates and corporate is not taking care of the situation. coworkers and I have decided that it is time to go our separate ways from this business.
Pros
love the people
Cons
managment
Productive and a fun place to work
FRONT DESK CLERK (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 25, 2016
Check people in and out, make reservations
My Co-workers are fabalous
My manager is a very great person to work for
I love meeting new people, and since Pensacola is a popular vacation destination city you meet lots of people from all around.
Great Experience
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYMarch 16, 2016
I had a great experience working for this company for as long as I did. I learned a lot with dealing with customers and problems that may arise during a normal day in the hotel industry.
Pros
Great Experience in Customer Service
Cons
Can be a bit much to handle at times when working alone.
A good place to get your foot through the door
Front Desk Clerk/ Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJFebruary 16, 2016
The maintenance was horrible and rarely checked. Had to deal with upset customers often but I did meet some very interesting people and learned a lot about hotel culture and how things should be done.
Pros
experience and reduced hotel fees
Cons
management was too lenient
There is no I in Team
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEMay 10, 2016
The team at the Comfort Inn in Ellsworth Maine is an awesome place to work. If I could work there in the summer season and here in Kentucky in the winter, I would do it in a heart beat. Eve is very family oriented and believes in supporting her staff.
It's ok
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Austintown, OHApril 27, 2016
I didn't like being exsposed to the weather and they don't provide proper equipment for the duties that are performed. But the employees there are great people, and the work hours are good as long as you don't get called off.
Pros
GREAT PEOPLE
Cons
POOR POLICY FOR HOUSEKEEPERS
Great staff and friendly environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Donna, TXMay 20, 2016
A typical day at work is stress free when the staff work together to better the hotel. The guests that come and go really enjoy staying at the hotel not only for the great rooms but the service that is provided by the staff.
Enjoy helping and greeting guest
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTMarch 15, 2016
I work part time in the weekend. Enjoy working at the Hotel. I learn operated front desk , working with incoming and outgoing guest. closed register for next shift, answering phone call for reservation, work very hard, and enjoy working with my co-worker.
Great work enviroment
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PADecember 21, 2015
Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service. See more occupations related to this task.
Oversee regional and local sales managers and their staffs. See more occupations related to this task.
Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs. See more occupations related to this task.
Determine price schedules and discount rates. See more occupations related to this task.
Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
Pros
GREAT EMPLOYEES
Cons
STORE CLOSED DOWN
fun
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 3, 2016
exciting to work at. The staff is very hard-working, work as a team, gets the job done, and in a timely manner. I enjoyed the most was how we all worked together. We would ask someone for help and we all did it like that so working at Comfort Suites is one of my best!
Lower management was great
Asst. Head of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FlMay 5, 2016
Lower management was terrific upper management was never involved and was not concerned for the well being of employees. Schedules were over whelming and the pay did not reflect the hours worked and labor given.
Good people to work with, but very stressing environment, very little vacation
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 25, 2016
It is challenging, but the benefit and insurance is just bad. Work 50 hrs and more a week, barely get family time and vacation.
Pros
Nice coworkers and people
Cons
Low income and too stressful