Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn Employer Reviews

Review of Comfort Inn
NIGHT AUDITOR (Former Employee), Elk City, OKAugust 25, 2014
A typical night at work consisted of booking suites and doing routine maintance. It also consisted of setting up the continental breakfast in the morning. I learned that not all hotel jobs are the same and that a lot of work is put into things that may seem simple. My managers were great and helped me anytime I needed guidance. On the other hand, I – more... didnt have many coworkers, due to me working at night. The hardest part of my job was dealing with unrully customers, but on the contrary the most enjoyable part of my job was working at night. – less
Clean and nice
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Le Claire, IAAugust 24, 2014
People are nice there. Did laundry and housekeeping. Made sure all the rooms and clean and smelled good for the customers.
good place
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Hays, KSAugust 23, 2014
Loved to work at this hotel. The boss was very laid back and relaxed. Made a fun work environment.
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Altavista, VAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: shotr breaks, no health insurance
Atypical day at work was good. I learned a lot about doing housekeeping and what all is involved in it. The co-workers that I worked with was good friends to be around everyone got along just fine even the manager. Got to meet new guest coming into the hotel on a daily basis.
Fair
Auditor (Former Employee), Colville, WAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: an experience
Cons: no advancements
Depending on the location of the demographic of which business is located, one was very family oriented but not much for advancement. The other was very culturally based and used employees to be the "fall guy" for his mistakes...
typical work place
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee), Sumter, SCAugust 19, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: no over time pay
It was an alright place to work.worked same hours weekly.Had friendly co workers.
its an okay job
Housekeeper/Houseman (Former Employee), Homewood, ALAugust 18, 2014
Pros: nice customers
Cons: terrible management
well i really learned alot as far as how to treat an how to handle myself with customers an how to interact with them. it also provided me with tools to succed at other similiar workplaces
Horrible place to work. My worst nightmare.
Front desk clerk, housekeeping, auditor (Current Employee), Mill Hall, PAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: no pros.
Cons: no health care, no breaks for front desk, no management around ever
A typical day you hear about the drama everyone has going on in their lives and how much they hate their jobs. Management doesnt know anything about what goes on and its paid minimum wage with no benefits. I was hired as a full time position but apparently signed a paper which agreed to not file for unemployment because i was getting less then full – more... time hours. 16 hours a week does a lot for a truck payment. (sarcastically). Most enjoyable part was clocking out to leave after a shift. – less
Easy Enough Job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Clearfield, PAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: easy work and friendly coworkers
Cons: bad customers
The staff and manager at this location are great, but be prepared to occasionally deal with real a%$*@#$ because some of the people you need to deal with are very self entitled. They will scream at you, insult you, and degrade you for no reason other than price, lack of rooms, or because they didn't make a reservation and you should have magically known – more... they wanted one. Most of the time the people are alright and you just wait at the desk until your shift is over so the work itself is easy to do and the manager doesn't mind if you watch tv so long as you are at the desk and ready to wait on people if they show up. I wouldn't recommend this job to someone who cries easily. – less
Fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIAugust 14, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed working with the staff on a day to day basis. Everyone worked as a team and helped each other.
Great company!! Not so good management!
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Orange, TXAugust 13, 2014
Pros: i love hospitality!
Cons: no benefits!
It was a great experience but due to management I furthered my education so that I would be able to be in a position as a leader... Customer Service should be #1 and if I can't work for someone that specializes in that, it's time for me to change my position as an employee.
I couldn't afford to leave, but I couldn't take it anymore.
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Hampton, VAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: zero
Cons: no benefits, no vacation pay, no sick leave, and no security guards.
Worked the Graveyard shift without any security. Not to ever work their again. No benefits, no paid vacations, no raises, no sick leave. Most enjoyable part was leaving.
Unpleasant environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee), North CarolinaAugust 8, 2014
Very unprofessional place to work. Not much support from management.
Easy job, poor management
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Pearl, MSAugust 8, 2014
Typical work day was laid back and pretty easy.

Management was unable to gain control of a few employees and continued to allow them to show up either late to work or not at all and unless it was necessary management would show up to relieve you until anywhere between 45 minutes to an hour and a half late. If an issue came arose with a guest though – more... they would go out of their way to do what was necessary to make the guest happy.

Co-workers for the most part were great to work with and were willing to help each other out when able with the exception of one or two people.

The hardest part of the job was never knowing if you were going to get relief after your shift if one employee in particular was to work after you.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the different guests. – less
The experience working with people of different cultures
Housekeeper (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAAugust 6, 2014
helping to improve their skills has been very rewarding to see my employees do their best.
fun
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: laid back
Cons: no breaks
Management is very informative, my GM she help me exceed my knowledge about hospitality services.
Absolutely Loved This Job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILAugust 6, 2014
Able to help the guests by making/keeping reservations, check them in/out of their rooms, make sure they had everything they needed/desired.

Management was phenomenal, always on call at a moments notice when a problem arose.
blah
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2014
Cons: no healthcare provided
I worked for this company for a short amount of time. Management wasn't what I expected it to be. The hardest part was getting along with management. the most enjoyable, was helping customers.
Very clean and organized place to work.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Marshall, MOAugust 5, 2014
A great place to work but pay is real low and the co-workers run people off . Otherwise I would highly recommend this job to anyone.
Well managed, busy hotel with readily available management
Breakfast Bar/Housekeeping (Former Employee), Port Huron, MIAugust 2, 2014
Worked an established schedule with few "call" offs so I could depend upon a set income. Management was clear about their expectations and available for questions and issues. I refined organizational skills with help of management and enjoyed team work with co-workers.