Comfort Inn Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,547 reviews matching the search
Lower management was great
Asst. Head of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FlMay 5, 2016
Lower management was terrific upper management was never involved and was not concerned for the well being of employees. Schedules were over whelming and the pay did not reflect the hours worked and labor given.
Good people to work with, but very stressing environment, very little vacation
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 25, 2016
It is challenging, but the benefit and insurance is just bad. Work 50 hrs and more a week, barely get family time and vacation.
Pros
Nice coworkers and people
Cons
Low income and too stressful
great place. It felt like i was working with family.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 1, 2016
A typical day at the office would be answering phone calls for both customers and doctors. I learned many computer software's such as excel, word etc. My co-workers were absolutely amazing they would help me with anything I needed.
Not a good work environment.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJune 13, 2016
Its not a good work environment, Employees are expected to do 4 and 5 peoples jobs everyday including your own foe very low pay. The manager has no clue of what he is doing and the place is run like a circus.
Your must be a tolerant person
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAMarch 15, 2016
Your must be a tolerant person to work there. You must have alot of patience to deal with high school all over again. You hte your tounge if you want to keep your job.ave to learn yo bi
Pros
discounts on hotel rooms all over the US
Cons
no pay raise to 8.5 years
Great family environment and reasonable priced hotel for a night in Philadelphia
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 4, 2016
Typical night consisted of checking our guests in and out while also making reservations for them, balancing of the daily postings and emailing our daily reports to hotel management and owners
Great helping guests that come to the hotel.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYApril 5, 2016
It was nice to have new and regulars checking into the hotel. If people were having a bad day, you could make it better, or make sure that a regular guest got the same or even better experience than before.
Most enjoyable Part of job
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 11, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is the coworkers I work with and the different people I get to meet during the day. The hotel I work for is run very well.
Pros
Good health/dental benefits
Cons
Almost no chance of a weekend off
A decent place but not somewhere to stay for long
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLDecember 9, 2015
I enjoyed the job when it came to being trusted to do my job without being watched all the time and the fact that my coworkers and I would tend to help each other out. It wasn't an every man for themselves job like I am used to. The hardest part of the job was trying to make sure that everyone got done in a timely manner and to wait for guests to leave to clean while the most enjoyable part was getting to meet people and trying to make their stay enjoyable. While there I learned that hard work is important as well as attention to detail but also that even if all seems great that doesn't mean it'll stay that way.
Pros
Shorter work days
Cons
No breaks, language barrier with management
Front Desk Associate at the Comfort Inn
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 15, 2016
The working environment at the Comfort Inn & Suites ranged from easy-going to fast-paced. The management was very unprofessional and often absent; I was alone onsite most of the time. The location I worked at no longer exists.
houseeping duties
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bethel, PADecember 29, 2015
this work was very physically demanding and I disliked the hard pace and type of duties involved. it was too fast paced for me . I did learn how to strip beds and clean rooms. I most enjoyed dusting and cleaning glass. most of the coworkers were fine. the manager was very strict but helped me often.
Pros
firstpaid job experience
Cons
cleaning bathrooms
Good place to work if the team works together
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2016
Private owners, The assistant manager is not to good and he is lazy always leaves a mess. I learn a lot from helping the Management team and learning the computer system pretty fast.
Comfort Inn
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  DeForest, WIFebruary 17, 2016
Great place to work. Everyday brought new challenges and opportunities to meet a lot of new and exciting individuals. Working for the Comfort made me feel like i was helping families and business go and come together.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
No set Shift
Liked the job and was a good envorment to work in.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORFebruary 9, 2016
For me the hardest part of this job was that I was 7 months pregnant and had to quit, the best part was I worked individually and didn't have any distractions from my work.
Pros
short hours and had time to spend with family in the evening
Cons
nothing
Unfair expectations with limited staffing
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 24, 2015
The guests were the most enjoyable part of the experience and co-workers were helpful at times. A typical day was anything but typical, as is the nature of the business, and generally enjoyable. The most difficult part of the job was the lack of appropriate staffing and the inability to reach management when needed. Personal reasons aside, the experience was beneficial in learning how to deal with unique situations and how to be the type of manager I would like to work with.
Productive and fun workplace
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 18, 2016
A typical day at work would be starting at 8am. getting a list of he rooms that would be checking out by 11am also a list of the rooms that would be extending their stay and want room service
Pros
45 min lunch breaks, friendly work environment
Enjoyable enviroment
Housekeeper/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZMarch 17, 2016
I loved my job here as the staff as well as the owners and management was pleasant it was a comfortable place to work for everyone got along and had fun
Hated to leave but we moved and I still keep in contact with them
Love the People
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXDecember 31, 2015
I am currently employed at the Comfort Suites in Granbury, TX. I love the hotel industry and have been with this company for 7 years and have loved every aspect of the job. The guest are my favorite part of the job, It is also a joy to see new people and especially our returning guests. I started as a front desk agent and worked my way up to assistant manager after 2 years. I then became Manager over all employees after 4 years. This is not an easy job and can be demanding at times, though I am quick always on my toes and try my best at what needs to be done and in a timely manner. I am a hard worker and will not settle for half done. Managing a 70 room hotel has been the most enjoyable yet the most difficult. The most amazing part of this job is to ensure we have done ours to please others and accommodate to the best of our ability, and to show every individual they are special and their needs are important.
Wonderful co-workers
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Barboursville, WVJanuary 17, 2016
I've worked at this location for years. The co-workers are like family to me. The management is fair and understanding. The hardest part of the job is the shift work, other than that everything is fantastic. You won't find a better work environment ANYWHERE.
Pros
WONDERFUL co-workers
Interesting work
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waynesburg, PA 15370May 27, 2016
I meet people from all walks of life and have met some from other countries. Co-workers are all friendly and I work well with them
Pros
employee rate for rooms at any choice hotel
Cons
working every weekend