Under the general supervision of the Office/General Manager/Owner, provides bookkeeping and related accounting systems. Enters data, generates and prepares reports, maintains records and files.
This position generally works 10-20 hours per week (Monday-Wednesday).
2 Year Degree and two years related experience and/or training as accounting clerk required. Candidate must have intermediate to advanced experience with QUICKBOOKS.
- Enters, maintains, and corrects accounting data into computer and back-up system as required.
- Prepares related accounting reports on a regular and as needed/required basis.
- Ensures timely and accurate labor reporting from employees.
- Maintains Accounts Payable; set up new vendors and ensures timely payment of all related invoices and interacts with vendors as required.
- Ensures timely QUICKBOOKS invoicing of customers and receipts of payment from them. May be required to contact customers for the purpose of collecting aged accounts.
- Ensures timely and accurate QUICKBOOKS payroll processing.
- Reconciles all cash balances.
- Audits and reconciles records and reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares regular financial statements.
Requires proficiency in computer skills, math skills, communication skills, intermediate accounting skills with intermediate to advanced QuickBooks skills. QuickBooks Pro Advisor preferred.
Must possess and demonstrate excellent organizational skills as well as positive professional, business image.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must have intermediate to advanced experience with QuickBooks accounting system.
- High degree of proficiency in office procedures, typing and machines.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with established policies and regulations.
- Familiarly with networks and data backup procedures.
- Demonstrated high moral character.
- Polite, courteous and tactful with the public.
- Ability to use mathematics and mathematical reasoning to solve problems
- Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Effective time management abilities.
- Strong critical thinking skills by using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Understands the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations.)
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Position Physical Demands:
Walking, sitting, and standing with lifting limited to files and records typically not expected to exceed 5 pounds in weight. Extended time at a computer work screen and on the telephone requiring hearing and strong visual acuity.
Working Environment: Office environment.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will be expected to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned.
Please forward resume via email link provided or fax to 630-834-8368