Comfort Keepers

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

very understanding and direct friendly caring people
home health aide (Current Employee), wallingford ct 80 s main stJuly 27, 2015
Cons: no benefits not enough hours, low pay
a typical day at work would be getting to my clients home early in the morning making her breakfast and coffee calling in having conversations with my client about her family and things that she wants to talk about doing activities such as puzzles exercising going for walks which she loved very much then make her lunch watch a little television etc. my job wasn't hard at all very calm and uplifting i enjoy making my client happy because i learned that the elderly really has a hard time with not being able to do certain thing they use to do everyday i love to make them feel like they are still useful.
I enjoy helping others
CAREGIVER (Former Employee), Charlotte NCJuly 27, 2015
I enjoy meeting and talking to people.Making people smile.I enjoy helping others always.Love working in a clean enviroment.Most of all seeing the trust from family and friends of the client.
Stability
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), VAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: works to make sure we get hours.
Cons: no vacation days, need better pay scale
We as CNA'S are in demand today the work is very rewarding on a personal level, I do feel that we are taken for granted and
d that the pay scale could be better. I prefer to work with one client rather to go to a different client daily, I have learned that there is a great demand and need for workers who care for the elder generation. I feel we need co-workers who have the same value's.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to see a difference in the clients life. Most enjoyable is to make a difference in a clients life and see that they have hope of a better day.
non medical care of elderly clients
Caregiver (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Pretty flexible schedule, some very nice clients, traveled all over knoxville
Cons: demanding clients, cleaning up elderly clients
A typical day was different depending on the client, family, and their needs. You had to adapt to each one. Some were really easy and some were really demanding.
Very produtive
Senior Care of Kokomo (Former Employee), Kokomo, INJuly 21, 2015
Pros: you areon your own most of time
Cons: losing people you be come very close with
I would arrive at their home. I would my with my client then introduce myself and we would go over what they would like for me to do. Then I would get started doing their care plan.

I learned how to care for other peoples needs.

Management was not so good they were not very informative when it came to what they wanted you to do.

I didn't really work with anyone but when I came into contact with them is was alright some more than other were nicer

The hardest part of my job was losing clients..

I love meeting new people and being able to help them.
Up and downs
CNA/PCA/HHA (Current Employee), Blaine MNJuly 21, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: not paid milage, few hours given, no raise in 7 months
Sign in on telephony, see what chores need to be done, and plan lunch with client. Take a walk out to get the mail with client, and admire the view of the day, look at the birds and other critters. Check to see if feeders need filling. Chat about the clients day,week, offer to put music CD on, or go sit outside and talk about whatever they wish. Keeping them happy and content. The hardest part of my job is having the client trust me, after that we get along great. I enjoy meeting new people and hearing stories, meeting family and pets, and being there to offer my help.Every client is different, I learn new things and remember what I was taught everywhere I have worked, there are always new experiences. The management has tried to find the right client s for me. I have met some great co-workers while here.
Good place to start in the care field.
Caregiver/House Supervisor (Current Employee), Bella Vista, ARJuly 17, 2015
Pros: .
Cons: .
It's a good place to work for. A lot of opportunity for overtime, not a lot of opportunity for raises or advancement which I would prefer.
Was a great Place to work
assisting in and out bed (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Very rewarding to take care of the elderly
This was my first health care Job and they help me a lot and it was enjoyable ! Iwas hesitate in regards to the work but that changed!!
Great Work Enviorment
CAREGIVER (Current Employee), Lancaster CaJuly 15, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
We care for seniors in the comfort of their own homes and have them be independent as long as possible in their homes. We also got to really get close and help not just the seniors but also their family
exceptional communication skills as well as dependable staff.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus OhioJuly 15, 2015
I loved working for comfort keepers and my only reason for leaving was due to relocation. They were one of the best employers for people seeking employment in the health field.
Home health
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJuly 14, 2015
Pros: You had kind of free range
Cons: Traveling
I learned how to deal with a variety of people in their homes. You never really see co wokers because it's home health. The hardest part of the job for me was walking into peoples homes when they didn't know me.
Nice place
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Greenfield, WIJuly 13, 2015
They have very flexible hours which is wonderful for people with other jobs or for people who are in school. The only down side is they do not do direct deposit.
Compassionate and careing company
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Supportive staff
Cons: Pay not very high
I would assist residents in there homes with ADLs, cooking, errand running and companionship. I usually work alone, and learned that our seniors are amazing! The hardest part of the job is when they pass away. I enjoyed getting to meet new people and helping them with everyday things that most people take for granted.
on call
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee), woodland,caJuly 10, 2015
Pros: love the clients, Company is good about trying to place you.
Cons: minimum wage, not alot of hours
I enjoy working for comfort keepers. The clients are wonderful to work with.They are good about trying to place you with clients. Would love more hours.
Good management
Caregiver (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INJuly 10, 2015
My job task is too take care of clients, Personal needs, as well as grocery shop and assist clients to doctors and housekeeping
I have learned every person is different and needs help in different areas
The management is wonderful, very understanding and very willing to help me with any questions or schedule problems
Co workers- some are great, others tend to do just the bare minimum, and leave the more unpleasant tasks for others.
Hardest part of job is when a client dies or working with a coworker that doesn't do their part.
I enjoy helping and assisting clients, especially the elderly that need assistance and is so appreciative.
The Place to work when first getting started in the CNA business
Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Dunedin, FLJuly 8, 2015
Pros: See above
Cons: No healthcare given. You need to pay for this on your own.
If you are deciding about becoming a home health aide and live in the Dunedin, FL area you may try Comfort Keepers to get your feet wet. The organization has its positives and negatives like any other workplace. The positives: The clients are kind, caring and good natured for the most part. The office staff works hard to give you plenty of work time. You get a free office shirt for Christmas. No bonuses unfortunately.
The negatives: The shifts often last only 1 to 3 hours, so you need to be scheduled for multiple clients, often in different towns in order to build a full time schedule. Office staff will call you daily to try to fill in shifts with new clients that may or may not be close to the clients you currently are scheduled to work at. Saying no to the request for additional clients does not fair well for those who want a life outside of caregiving. You can expect to be reprimanded regularly if you do not call in and out on your shift in a timely manner and if you do not follow the care plan exactly. You need to remember not to write anything on the back of your time sheet in order to avoid further reprimand. There are never any staff meetings that express the positive impact of the hard work that you do.
changing world
CNA (Current Employee), Fayetteville, PAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: changing world
Cons: pay
Needs to be better coordinated and a quicker response time to the clients. The hourly pay needs to be better to keep workers.
Flexible working hours
Elder Caregiver (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: No health benefits
Some clients were fantastic to work with as we matched skiils and qualifications perfectly. Other clients, were improperly matched per their needs. I.E. A small woman cannot lift a very large client
great clients
Caregiver (Current Employee), West Lawn, PAJuly 3, 2015
Nice place if you enjoy working with the elderly. If you don't mind driving all over the place and working a minimum of 3 hours
Very informative place to work, fast paced yet hectic
Administrative Assistant/Scheduler (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Clients
Cons: Healthcare
Comfort Keepers is a small office with a large work load. You are expected to be available every day all day, even on off days. Company has multiple franchises all over the southern region of the U.S. Management is striving to do more with less while micromanaging their internal employees and the same to its external employees.. But all in all this company has taught me so much about different types of insurance, caring for others, team work, building good customer rapport and trust while marketing and performing other human resource duties as an administrative assistant and scheduler.
Employees