Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

None to offer of management
Companion/Personal Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WINovember 20, 2017
No review for this company. Not willing to say anything positive about management. Office staff lacking manager skills. No raise after one year of service.
Comfort Keepers
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MINovember 20, 2017
Good Place to work. I needed a part time job and it fits my schedule. I would like it to be more full time but I am working the hours they provide. I overall like the work.
Well balanced work load
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WANovember 19, 2017
I enjoy the work very much. I meet new people every day. I bring help to families and their loved ones. It can be very stressful at times but very rewarding at others.
Nice work area
In Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNNovember 19, 2017
They are very well at communicating with their staff and client they are also well at their trainings and management does always on call when you need them
Pros
Meeting new peolpe
Cons
Not enough hours
Having compassion for patients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 16, 2017
I had an amazing time working with the elderly and got to know their life journey stories. Met some amazing people from all walks of life. I was sad to hear that some of my patients passed away
Pros
getting to know people from different backgrounds
Cons
the passing away
Sad
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WINovember 15, 2017
There is constant pressure to pick up extra shifts unless your availability is completely full. Very emotionally taxing work. Not terrible if you can find a good client. Dealing with illness and death is a natural part of working with the elderly, unfortunately.
Pros
flexible, consistent schedule
They Do Not train new staff. They don't respond to concerns regarding client care and caregivers. It's monetary based egos.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDNovember 15, 2017
Typical day for me 7:30am to 10:30pm. I traveled a lot with them with no compensation. 2 years and no reviews or raise. Poor Management. I loved my clients they kept me going everyday.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
No benefits, no breaks, clients wants/needs not important.
Nice management but..
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 15, 2017
i worked seven hours a week sometimes traveling 30-60 mins away or further for a 3-4 hour shift. the distance didnt match the pay. the management is really friendly and i loved my clients it just wasnt enough to live on
Pros
friendly
Cons
low hours
Short hours, few days
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 14, 2017
Barely any hours were given to me while I worked there. My schedule was pretty much open other than mornings on Tuesday and Thursday due to class times. No clients were scheduled to me when I had open times but when I was in class or had other things scheduled, they would call and ask about working. Lord forbid if I would tell them I couldn't or that I would be late or something along the lines of that. It seemed like the scheduler would catch an attitude about the matter. Other than that, I would recommend this company if you're in school but if you're looking to work this job to help support you and help pay bills or take care of whatever necessities, I would have a back up plan. Between the hours you get and the lay you receive you might possible have enough for A bill.
Should pay more
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick, PANovember 14, 2017
Needs to provide more assistance when needed , needs to train people before just sending them to a clients home to work with the client, other then that the company is ok to work for.
Pros
Lots of hours if you want them
Cons
No time to stop between clients sometimes scheduled for two places at one time
working with my client
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WINovember 13, 2017
The best days i had are the ones i had with the clients I love getting to know them and them getting to know. I made them food for home and they love it. I love talking to about their life and know about the old days. Talking about their children wifes and husband.
Pros
talking with the different client
Cons
not having time with clients longer life too short
Positive work environment
PCA (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MANovember 12, 2017
I enjoyed helping people. Also, the manager was very accommodating. There were times when emergencies happened. She never got angry. I felt more willing to do my best.
Pros
No manager hovering over you
Cons
Sometimes I had to drive far
Helping and thoughtful management
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2017
Comfort Keepers is by far the best job ive ever had I really enjoyed working there but due to personal issues that afftected my attendance i couldnt continue working there. I didnt like how they went about letting me go and how much money they took from my last check but besides that I can honestly say that my time with the company was a pleasure. No job is PERFECT but overall I was pleased working for them and would definetly go back after i fix my personal life if they would accept me. Even with my attendance they still worked with me for a very long time before they had to let me go and i appreciate it they were very thoughtful!
Management needs better communication with staff
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 12, 2017
I have only worked here for a few weeks. The management is kind and caring but they do not fully tell you what care needs each client needs. I found myself walking into clients home not fully knowing what I was getting into. The care plans are extremely vague. I have now been in 2 homes that made me feel extremely uncomfortable I had no idea how to help my client or what their needs were and it made a very stressful shift.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
lack in communication
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLNovember 10, 2017
This agency would send me to really great locations. As a new CNA they make sure to give you a case that fits your experience level. The managers are amazing people,
I truly Love working with Comfort Keepers
PSS / In-Home Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MENovember 10, 2017
I do enjoy the work I do as a Comfort Keeper. It is so rewarding to see a smile that you have put on someones face who otherwise feels scared and unsafe. That smile means I have done my job to help that client feel safe, secure and happy...at least for the time I have with them. The staff at the office is really good also...always willing to help out and even be an ear to listen or a shoulder to lean on. The owner of the company himself, will even help out if you have a transportation issue do to weather or whatever. All aspects of this job is very fulfilling...except...the pay and paid time off could be better, however, they are working on that also.
Pros
most aspects of this job
Cons
pay and paid time off could be better
A great place to work, always keep you working
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 9, 2017
Management was great, loyal and friendly, took the time to understand and help resolve your and clients issues. Working for Comfort Keepers was very nice a family atmosphere, but professional at the same time.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
healthcare
Started out well, then CEO changed
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXNovember 9, 2017
long work days
how to manage the office pretty much on my own
management decreased my pay to pay hire some one else
culture needed help
the clients were the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Helping the elderly clients
A great home to work in
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Home health (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 9, 2017
My home health client is an outstanding patient who requires assistant with everything. He is easy to manage at times and we get along very well. The family communicates well with me and I comply to there needs for my client.
Pros
Very close to home
Great Clients bad management
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 7, 2017
I love the elderly. They are wonderful humans! I loved seeing them each day, yet the company would often send me to locations that were out of the area which I requested.
Pros
sweet clients who give you candy!
Cons
management not looking out for employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8