Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

Found 1,082 reviews matching the search
Wonderful management. Great team to work with.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant/Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Really hoping to find a company similar to Comfort Keepers here in the Little Rock area. Filling out new applications today.

There really wasn't a typical day. Every day is brand new with new learning experiences.

I can't say enough about management. Fantastic, caring family owned company.
Pros
Fairness
not enough hours
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Spring Lake, MIFebruary 17, 2017
The place was great except I could not get the hours I needed.
I went into elderly people's homes and cleaned, showered them, took them shopping, and visited with them. I learned that working with the elderly can be very rewarding. Again, the hardest part was people dying and the best part was hearing stories from Wold War II.
Pros
Working with the elderly
Cons
Not enough hours
Used to be a great place to work
Cna / Med Aide (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 16, 2017
This company used to be amazing then they got rid of the owners wife in HR and replaced her with a hirrible excuse for a woman. She is so rude to all the cnas. Actually yells and thinks your are dirt if your nit a nurse. If she would just go away the company would be great again.
Pros
Gas cards
Cons
1 employee can ruin it for everyone
Productive Workplace
Caregiver/CNA (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTFebruary 16, 2017
It's always a busy schedule, consistent with work flow. There's the opportunity to go to school for Certified Nursing Assistant. Advancement is possible but need to be dependable. I learned working with several clients everyone is different in their own way. Management is very polite and very helpful in the fieldwork. They help with scheduling if I ever had an issue. My most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the clients and family members. The hardest part of my job was when someone would pass. You get close to them working one on one and when they pass its the hardest thing to deal with. There are many different cultures that you get to see and its very enjoyable.
Pros
Meeting new family's/clients
Cons
breakfast, lunch and dinner always on the go.
Enjoyable work environments
Companion/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIFebruary 15, 2017
My days at work could range anywhere from four to fourteen hour days, with multiple different tasks such as cooking, cleaning, transporting clients around, bathing, toileting etc. I learned a couple new things like how to catheterize a client and became comfortable meeting new people and making it a comfortable environment for both sides.
Pros
Seeing new small towns
Cons
Random hours
great place, great people
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 14, 2017
it was nice to work here and the management was great and compassionate for its workers. They paid for learning and gaining new skills.
Emotionally challenging work
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIFebruary 14, 2017
Private in home care is not covered by health insurance, so elderly patients are paying very high rates out of pocket. If a patient become hospitalized the care giver is out of work. You don't know one minute to the next if you will have a job today as patients go into hospitals, die or run out of money.
I get emotionally attached to the patients and take on all their problems and for me it's like loosing a mother or grand mother when something happens to them. Company does not allow contact with the patient or their family, after services are severed. So you can't call or check on them if hospitalized or no longer paying the company.

The business end of this job was to difficult for me to handle. I get to involved.
Pros
Helping a elderly person to stay in their home and safe.
Cons
lack of job security, low pay, emotional attachment
I enjoyed the clients I cared for
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 12, 2017
Provided personal supervision and support services to elderly clients. Daily duties included bathing, dressing, grooming, oral hygiene, and/ or ambulation. I also provided light housekeeping, meal planning, meal preparation, grocery shopping, and transportation to doctor appointments. I reminded clients to take medications, observed, and reported any changes in the client's mental, physical, or emotional condition.
good place
HHA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Riverhead, NYFebruary 11, 2017
Just taking care of people. Management is good. They are understanding. Maybe working with others might be the hardest part of the job. But most its a great place to work.
Great clients, not great management
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Snyder, TXFebruary 8, 2017
The work with the clients was great and you met a lot of good people. Management was all over the place and did not communicate well with caregivers or each other.

Want to know more about Comfort Keepers?

Ask a question
Nice place to work care about their clients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 8, 2017
Good place to work, especially for seniors or retirees. The management works closely with clients and employees. Light housework, some cooking and transporting to and from appointments and grocery shopping. Never a dull moment. Helping someone to stay in there home and continue life as they are accustomed to is more than rewarding.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
pay isn't that great
Flexible hours to work
In-Home Caretaker (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Clients were always a top priority flexible with other job and family commitments not always sure about clients needs learned as you went to clients houses. Office staff always professional and willing to help out. Pay wasn't a good for the longer or overnight shifts but great job love it would do it again especially if in school or have a family.
yup
Caregiver/Provider (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 7, 2017
Comfort keepers was an okay job if you are into it. the job really was not for me though, the pay will be good eventually. the company itself had really nice employees and management.
Comfort Keepers
Lead Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIFebruary 7, 2017
Typical day at work is filling immediate open caregiver shift to make sure we find a qualified caregiver to meet their needs. Also, scheduled monthly caregivers and client schedules. Learn a lot about different medical disease and conditions and how to take care of the clients and their families affect by this diseases. The management is consistently firing people and there is never a sense of job security. The hardest part of the job is working with the office Manager and the owner, they plays favorites and are not consistent in management of all workers. I did love helping seniors and our caregivers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very bad working environment.
greatt job to make an elder persons day
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoyed working with the elderly.
Very good office staff.
The clients were great all around.
Company really works with your personal schedule.
Its okay
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 5, 2017
Management only cares about their reputation they hire more people than they actually need they honestly dont care about their workers safety i had an incident where a clients fatger was out of line asked to be removed and they ignored it and kept placing me in that home that led me to eventually quit because i was so uncomfortable in my own skin at this particular home
Pros
Some clients
Cons
The actual Mission statement of the Co. is great it just needs to be put into action.
Client Care Coordinator/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MS, Hattiesburg, MS and Mobile, ALFebruary 3, 2017
A typical day of work was great for the most part as it was very busy and I enjoy that. The hardest part of the job was keeping caregivers scheduled to see clients. The most enjoyable part of the job was all of the people I met as well as worked with.
Pros
People
Ok to work for.
Help resident (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 3, 2017
I loved working in this facility. I have always liked working with patients and their family. The only think I didn't like were the hours. I think that they have different management.
Pros
working with patients
Cons
hours
Horrible company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAFebruary 1, 2017
When I started working for the company I thought it was a dream come true. That was shortly lived when you realized that the office staff was not only catty but had favorites. They lie to you and when they made mistakes they blamed the HHAs. If treating their employees wasn't bad enough, the way they treat their clients is worse! Stay far away from them.
Cons
Deciteful
enjoyed working with employers and clients to ensure a safe environment and quality care while maintaining privacy and adhering to HIPPA regulations
Home Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 1, 2017
While working at comfort keepers, I enjoyed working with the employers and the clients to provide a safe environment to maintain a good quality of life while giving customers and their families privacy and adhering to HIPPA regulations.
Pros
the opprtunity to work one on one with clients
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8