Looking for Experience Per Diem Hospice Registered Nurse Case Manager (Preferably Bi-lingual Spanish/English)
The Case Manager is the member of the interdisciplinary team who is the pivotal person in identifying the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of the patient and family. He/She initiates appropriate intervention and support for the patient and family upon admission and provides a continuously appropriate, comprehensive and responsive plan of care.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Case Management and Supervision
a. Coordinates the patient’s and families care and services including those of the team, social worker, chaplain, home health aide, volunteer and physician.
b. Responds necessary information to the senior case manager.
c. Monitors the re-certification / re-authorization process.
d. Participates in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings as indicated.
e. Ensures and documents appropriate use of the medications, durable medical equipment and supplies.
f. Educates patients, families and other caregivers.
g. Provides skilled nursing as determined by the interdisciplinary plan of care.
h. Appropriately utilizes the skills and resources of contract personnel such as PT, OT, Dietary, Speech and Pharmacy.
i. Provides appropriate care plan and integrates care plans as needed.
j. Performs on site evaluations of HHAs and volunteers.
k. Participates in the on-call rotation and weekends.
a. Integrates QI results into the established plan of care.
b. Participates in QI assessment routinely.
c. Participates in proactive patient calls.
d. Participates in routine chart reviews.
a. Participates in the orientation of new team members as assigned by the Team Manager.
b. Attends regularly scheduled in-services and educational conferences.
c. Develops and achieves professional growth goals and objectives and reviews with the Team Manager.
d. Represents professional nursing.
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment following established protocols
- Promotes and supports a teamwork culture and environment internally and externally
- Ensure interactions remain positive and professional with all persons with whom you interact in the course of your work both internally and externally
- Other duties as assigned or determined appropriate
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Reliable transportation with adequate insurance coverage for driver and passengers.
- Private phone in home.
- Registered Nurse in the state of California.
- Three years Hospice Nurse experience.
- Preferably Bi-lingual Spanish/English
- Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
- Requires exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids.
- Requires driving for extended period of time
- Requires flexibility in changing patient census
- Requires patience, compassion, and the ability to work successfully with a variety of patients, families and facility and employee staff with positive results
- May require the willingness and ability to work on-call
- May require critical thinking skills and the ability to work successfully independently or in a team
- Requires the ability to adapt to, and follow established protocols and adjusting requirements