Command Center Employee Reviews

Advancement and Job Placement
Various Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 6, 2016
I had a wonderful experience working with Command Center, and I say 'with' rather then 'for' because that is exactly how it felt. They worked with me to enhance my job skills. Provided extra training for job placement that suited not just the employers needs but mine as well. It was a pleasure working for a company that saw me as an asset not just a commodity.
Pros
Good hours for those who want to work, daily pay, easy to work with, and helped me in any area I was unsure about.
Cons
Needs to work on wages and benefits more but its a Temporary Job placement. I can't complain.
Busy Enviornment
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 9, 2015
Working here gave me skills I did not have before and I learned a lot of things. I enjoyed working with different people on a daily basis and management was great.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
A lot of work hours
Not to nice to work in
Certified Flagger (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 30, 2016
Management plays favorites with its employees. The work itself it's enjoyable, regardless the weather conditions. Being able to go all over Western Washington for work was a joy and a pleasure.
Pros
working in different places virtually every day
Cons
having to stand with little to no breaks for long periods of time
very productive place to work
Temp Worker (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 11, 2016
great work environment very fast paced boss was wonderful great workers around me helped when I didn't know where a item belonged the clean up was the hardest part of the day best part of working was the people around me
Pros
free lunch every day of work
Cons
10 min breaks
Love talking with people. Excellent communication skills
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNJuly 13, 2016
I enjoy providing excellent service service to those in need of approval following a very strict protocol to prevent fraud. I took pride in all of our clients.
Pros
Excellent 9-5 shift.
Cons
Nashville traffic.
Productive and fun
Staffing Agent (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 21, 2016
dispatch employees to job sites, pay them out. I learned minimal payroll, problem solving, analysis of personalities, and decision making for disciplinary actions. Great Branch Manager to work with.
Pros
plenty of teambuilding
Cons
little advancement opportunities
temp service that provides you a work place
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2016
It provides people with temporary jobs. At low pay but instant checks coming in. The plus is I got hired in to the first job placement they sent me to.
Pros
Instant job placement
Cons
Low pay
Good for first time temps
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNJune 14, 2016
This was a good first time temp experience for me. I've had a few different types of jobs that I've got experience in and if your a hard worker and good at what your doing in a certain job then its easy to get a permanent job .
good place for temp workers
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 3, 2016
different job every week so people never get bored doing the same thing all the time. sometimes work was out of town. they tended to pay a lot more money.
Pros
variety of jobs
Cons
pay isnt great
N/a
Driver/Customer Service for Auto Auction (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 28, 2016
The hardest part of working for this company is that you have to find your own transportation if enough is not provided and if you dont secure a route back to the office you might end up stranded.
Long wait times, not professional
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 11, 2016
Management plays favorites with its employees. The work itself is slave labor. I worked long, hard, and arduous shifts only to be extremely poorly compinsated
Pros
get paid daily
Cons
every other aspect of the experience
Productive fun working place that has respect in the community
Branch Manager/Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minot, ND and Albuquerque,NMAugust 24, 2013
I perfected my Human Resource knowledge by recruiting for clients and assigning members to the appropriate job. I learned the most important part of Human Resources is to know exactly what the client needs in order to recruit the perfect candidate. The management team was always available for questions and legal issues. My co-workers were knowledgeable and happy in the position.

The hardest part of the job was challenging when the members would be reluctant to test for drugs/alcohol, some members would report to work under the influence of drugs/alcohol-it's difficult to address the "rules" when someone is in such a state of mind-but it was necessary to test prior to sending members on assignments to avoid liablity and losing a client.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the happiness in the client when the job was done correctly and on time. We also had team recognition which included barbeques, potlucks and ice cream socials-this was a time we all got to know each other and have fun.
Pros
job fairs-i love them
Cons
on call with no compensation
Construction building chicken houses
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 30, 2015
Work was always fun an it went by fast.
I learned the carpenter trade at an apprenticeship level.
Great management.
The hardest part was leaving.
The most enjoyable part was to look back an say hey i helped build that..
Pros
Great learning opportunity.
Cons
Travel
A nice environment in the office and on sites.
Day Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 6, 2016
The office staff was cordial and the employers on site were understanding and respecting of the day labor function. Most sites had several employees from command center. Sometimes a schedule was provided by the employers and command center's cooperation was efficient.
do try to find work
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDJanuary 6, 2016
they do sometimes try to find work for you I think they need a sales person to do that they do not have one at the moment .They do jobs on a first come. it is very frustrating to sit there and watch people go out and you sit there all day
good
Laborer (Former Employee) –  N Las Vegas, NVNovember 4, 2015
it change management a lot i got along with who ever my boss was being their for the time that i was i meet a lot people an i kind of come to be the go to guy when are a team cause i might have done that job many time before everyday was new day an respected every one from my team to the clents.
Pros
some jobs would feed u but it still our job to our own lunch
Cons
the health insurance was not good so be safe
quick hire and fire
Office Assistant/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 30, 2015
i loved the assignment i was given which was a file clerk/ receptionist but i guess the company that had a contract with the staffing agency couldn't afford to employ me or any of the other workers in the warehouse so they had to let us go.
Pros
got assignments quick, got to get an early check same day or whenever you needed it.
Cons
never know when job assignment will end.
Lack of support for employees and Local branch, Limited advancement opportunities
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 23, 2015
Experience for temporary workforce will vary on location, local culture set by management team and staff. Most positions are under paid and applicants should expect min. wage even for skilled positions. Beware as customers will often request a general laborer and make the employee perform skilled tasks (However, same can be said of most labor company customers)

Internal experience is dictated by local Branch Manager's personal management style, as they are able to run the office how they best see fit. Most office/ support positions are fairly compensated (typically $12- $16 DOE, Do not accept any offers under $13/hr as you will be expected to be very flexible with time and scope of work) Recruiters can advance to become Asst. Branch Manager or Branch Manager, however this is not typical as BM's are typically sourced externally.

Branch Managers are underpaid (typically $38K -$40K, $45K in only 2 occasions that I am aware of) and overworked (50 hrs min, 55 -60 typical which includes evening and weekends). They face many difficulties in obtaining both resources and tools needed that are outside the "main scope" of company norms (recruiting tools, sales resources, support from corp on expanding branch objectives or diversity of industries). Branch managers can expect to wear all of the hats in his/her own office, and perform all of the following tasks on a daily basis: morning dispatch (5:30 AM), recruiting (taking applications), on-site management (sometimes in access of 50 miles from branch), data entry, telemarketing activity, meet sales requirements, project management,
  more... customer service, fill job orders, schedule and dispatch temp employees, close out in the evenings (6 PM), weekly closeout, work weekend events, and on-call every evening (BM's must take all calls after hours and on weekends, failure to answer cell phone and/or emails is grounds for termination).

There are currently no advancement opportunities for Branch Managers, Command Center's current business model does not support the use of middle managers (district managers, regional managers, etc.), and any corporate positions are required to be based out of the Denver Co. location.

The new corporate management team is not family-friendly and has cultivated a poor work-life balance environment for its employees. Corporate employees are known to be condescending to branch employees and lack a sense of urgency concerning local branch matters.

BM candidates being considered or offered employment DO NOT accept less than $42K, you will be expected to give up most of your evening, weekend, and family time. Also the travel takes a toll on your vehicle, mileage is paid at $.35/ mile, and there are no allowances for car/travel.
Pros
Flexibility at the branch level, Little oversight and supervision from corporate team
Cons
Lack of support for branch and employees, No opportunity for advancement, Low morale and employee engagement, Corp. management team lacks sense of urgency
Overall my personal expereince was good and meet alot of interresting people also it gave me a chance to try differnt things.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 11, 2015
I found quit interesting as well as educational i enjoyed meeting different people and traveling different places . I had to keep an open mind and be willing to try different techniques as well as tactics to get the job done in good orderly professional manner.
Pros
Paid that day and vary understanding.
Cons
When id get used to a job it was time to move on.
12 hour watches that can become high tempo at times, but worth it knowing that you are there to save lives.
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Multiple locationsJuly 30, 2015
In this environment for a Operations Specialist you will stand a 12 hour watch. The Operations Specialist will conduct all Search and Rescue missions which will include generating search plans, gathering information from outside sources, entering data into multiple programs and providing briefs on all missions to the commanding officer.
Pros
Medical, Dental Housing
Cons
Long Hours, High Tempo

2.9