Command Center Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoy people I work with
General Worker (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 28, 2015
This is a temp agency and overall i enjoy the people i work with. they try there best to send you out on work and have jobs readliy available.
Pros
bonus after 1500 hours worked
Cons
sometimes tickets are full and no work
Very bad management.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJuly 18, 2012
Alot of micro management going on. The pay was bad. If you like standing around all day then this is your kind of job. Didnt learn anything because there wasnt anything going on. Hardest part of the job was dealing with management that didnt know what was going on. Best part of the job was when there was a busy few hours but otherwise it was standing around doing nothing and learning nothing. Glad I got fired because I couldnt stand it so I went back where I was before. Was going to anyway. If you decide to come here and work get ready to stand around 12 hours a day and deal with unqualified management.
Pros
get good equipment and ppe.
Cons
management.
easy work, paid daily, poor management
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 20, 2015
I started working here for the first time in 2012. back then it wasn't so bad. the morning dispatcher was way easier to work with and communicate with. he would work exactly how he was supposed to. whoever got there first, bright and early in the morning, they would get sent out first. the people who got requested back by name from a company were the people he sent and would even call and ask them if they would like to go in for work. most of the time you could get a steady schedule if you were steadily there every morning.
after that dispatcher left, things went down hill very fast. the manager of that location is more unprofessional than anyone I have ever met in my entire life. he was the afternoon dispatcher before because he was not pleasant to work with in the mornings and still isn't even in the afternoon. the man is loud, rude, and can get angry very easily in person and over the phone for simple misunderstandings. he chooses favorites to go to jobs or he calls specific people every morning. you could show up every morning for a month, but you wouldn't get sent out if you weren't a favorite person. also there were some days where he would leave the office early, which can affect a person getting their pay for that day. I feel like this guy just hates his job and despises the entire world because he has to go into his job, and from a professional view, that doesn't seem to be what should be in a temp center's office.
Pros
paid that day, easy work, fun co workers
Cons
poor management
I appreciated finding a 90 day temporary position versus a day to day
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 29, 2015
I was able to finish this job with working knowledge of computer programs: Outlook, Excel, Quick Books and definitely brushed up on answering a fast paced office phone and directing calls to the proper staff.
Pros
I was busy and the day went very fast. Monday-Friday position
Cons
could be very stressful
Accounts Receivable Specialist-Front desk phone coverage
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 23, 2015
Duties included but not limited to - Responsible for ensuring smooth, timely and accurate processing and analysis of all accounts receivable functions; adhering to state and federal regulations and Hospice of Spokane procedures, internal controls and strategic planning. Run Census Reports, Payroll Weekly Report, Timesheet approval, Verifying Suncoast Level of care and Location, Posting Payments, Verifying to whom we bill R&B - Set up accounts, Data Entry directly into FSS0 - 81A and Manual bills, Error Report, Physician Bill – Medical directors visits, Change Payors as needed, Void & rebill to correct LOC in prior months - and to and PT, OT, ST, Billing Death & Discharge client when possible, Billing MCR monthly, Billing MCR as secondary, MCR/MCD R&B denials as needed. Covered front desk duties as needed.
Pros
wonderful non profit org
Cons
long drive - no room for growth
only work for them for 3 days -- I had to have an emergency appendactomy
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 28, 2015
worked for 3 days and had to wait for three weeks to get paid the owner of the company was out of town and could not get paid until he said so
various hrs
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 28, 2015
different work all the time good for thouse not looking for the same job day in day out management varies by job u are put out to and your fellow workers also varies along with pay
Pros
can take a day off when ever u want
Cons
may not have work that day
Productive and fast paced work when given work ticket
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 21, 2014
A typical day at command center for me was sitting at the office until I could possibly get a work ticket. I loved the management, but the hours weren't good(reason I left actually) it was not consistent work, and if you could not make it to work, even if you called in they couldn't send you to that place again. The co-workers were generally friendly and easy to work with, the hardest part being the actual work as it is temporary and intensive manual labor generally. The most enjoyable part is what they have you do I would have to say, the couple times that I did work there they sent me to the spokane arena and although setting up and tearing down for their events is labor intensive it is also fun in the same sense.
Pros
fast paced work
Cons
short breaks, not consistent work, no guarantee of work
Decent place to work...
Stocker At Wal-Mart (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 4, 2015
Command allows you to set your own schedule and earn a decent living. You have to want to work with a company like Command Center.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
unpredictable
Independent work environment
Logistics Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 1, 2014
I had an opportunity at this company to really take initiative and take on task that weren't in my job description. My daily assigned tasks were very demanding but I had the ability to excel and take on other responsibilities that were usually that of upper management positions. This company let me gain more control of the logistic operations from loading, forklifting, bay-mapping, product and route adjustments and inventory control.
Pros
i learned a lot to prepare me for upper management positions
An okay place.
General labor (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNJanuary 20, 2015
This isn't a place you would wanna be for a long period of time my experience with this place is not that good. Every time i would call to see if my check was there the guy would tell no it won't here til like the next 2 or three days then i would talk to someone else or go there and it would be there. Always got misinformed and never get called for any work or if i would call i would get blown off. This just isn't a place that someone would want to be with for a long period of time only if you need some quick cash in a day.
Pros
pay everyday
Cons
not many staff members, work not that good
wore many multiple hats
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 26, 2014
A typical day at Command Center included; dispatching employees, payroll, answer phone calls, accepting/processing applications and recruiting.
At Command Center, I learned a lot. I had the opportunity to wear multiple hats, and enjoy all aspects of Human Resources.
I enjoyed management, I had good bosses. They gave me freedom and ownership of my own work. There was no micromanagement.
I enjoyed the company of my co-workers, I absolutely learned from everyone.
The hardest part of this job was the stress; were we able to meet the clients expectations and employees not showing up.
The most enjoyable part of the job, was giving people jobs and their paychecks.
Pros
giving people jobs
Cons
stress
This is a small town temp. agency. Not much to offer anyone.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNMay 23, 2013
I worked at P&M Truss through Command center. From the time I walked through the door I was able to keep busy. There was ALWAYS something that could be done. I learned how to read blue-prints there and run a new style of press. I feel that my co-workers were just there for the paycheck and didn't seem to value much of any quality in their work. Management was excellent, they were always available if needed. The hardest part of working for P&M Truss would be training in new people every couple days due to them having such a high turnover rate. I feel that the most enjoyable part of working for them was being able to stay busy doing physical work.
Pros
i enjoyed the physical labor and staying busy.
Cons
no set schedule (it changed daily), no healthcare, low wages, poor quality of co-workers
Very Fun Place To Work
3rd Shift Associate (Current Employee) –  Pekin, ILMay 2, 2015
Working for command center is great when you down and out and need help getting on the right track. Its got good starting pay and its well worth it to join their team.
Pros
nice people and saff
Cons
erratic shifts
Well organized and with lots of structure.
General laborer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 10, 2013
It is interesting to work with other workers even if there is some difficulty in the work. it starts off great and even get's better in the day.
I've learned that no matter how difficult the task we always seem to get the job done.
Management is very helpful and polite.
My co-worker are good to get along with and are very successful in thw work they intend to accomplish
The hardest part of the job is really nothing. Its all relatively easy once you get the hang of things
My most enjoyable part of my job is that i get the job done until the task is completed.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
short breaks
Site work was extremely fun to work in such a fast pace environment, the auto auction was a place of business I enjoyed being a part of.
Lot Driver (for an auto auction) (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 23, 2013
Upon arrival to the job site, the auto auction; I would check in with the appointed supervisor for assigned group. Typical day at the auction was exciting. It was a fast pace environment and wonderful place for a customer service guru, as myself. I have learned that staffing services although, convenient can also been extremely with out heart. Management for whom I was employed with were not what I anticipated. It was favors first, the lack of compaction that I endured for 1yr. My co-worker were a privilege and a joy to work with.Hardest part of that job was the disappointing manner in which we; the whole staffing employes were let go. After our sift management gather all of us in a group to announce we no longer had work with the auction. Do to the agency losing the account. Most enjoyable aspect of that job assignment was the sense of pride knowing I was a part of the does & don't of being a professional employee.
Fun company
Laborer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 29, 2015
Had a fun time working with people of different age group. I learn that people work at different speed and you would need to learn to work smarter not harder. My co-workers was all upbeat.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
lots of responsibility. must be able to make decisions
Supervising Detective Investigator (Current Employee) –  brooklyn, nyApril 9, 2014
Command center is at times fast paced and you must be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time by prioritizing what needs to be done first. You must be able to handle all sorts of phone calls and know where to direct them. Must monitor security cameras and supervise staff. Co-workers are team players and staff is responsible. Hardest part is working through the night. Best part is the staff.
Pros
fun work environment.
Cons
poor management
A good analogy of working for Command Center is 'Dante's Inferno.'
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 2, 2013
Work days consist of 8 to 12 hour shifts in 20 degrees and lower atmosphere and 100+ degrees heat depending on area of factory. Monotonous to the point of madness. I have seen co-workers that worked for them for years 4+ and still treated as temp help. Management differed depending on day and shift but most uncaring and sometimes unhelpful. The hardest part of the job was to keep going back.
Pros
on the day pay.
Cons
inconsistant work hours
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 27, 2015
I have only worked for this company a few months. I liked the job driving,, except we would have to be at the job site 3-4hours befor the work would start. Also it is a temp service but they would only send me to one kind of job and only one day a week.