Command Center Employee Reviews

quick hire and fire
Office Assistant/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 30, 2015
i loved the assignment i was given which was a file clerk/ receptionist but i guess the company that had a contract with the staffing agency couldn't afford to employ me or any of the other workers in the warehouse so they had to let us go.
Pros
got assignments quick, got to get an early check same day or whenever you needed it.
Cons
never know when job assignment will end.
Overall my personal expereince was good and meet alot of interresting people also it gave me a chance to try differnt things.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 11, 2015
I found quit interesting as well as educational i enjoyed meeting different people and traveling different places . I had to keep an open mind and be willing to try different techniques as well as tactics to get the job done in good orderly professional manner.
Pros
Paid that day and vary understanding.
Cons
When id get used to a job it was time to move on.
This is a temporary work placement orignization
Assembler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Rush City, MNNovember 10, 2015
This works for temporary employment, but never seemed to evolve into a full time placement. When starting with Command Center I was hoping that this would lead to a full time position.
good
Laborer (Former Employee) –  N Las Vegas, NVNovember 4, 2015
it change management a lot i got along with who ever my boss was being their for the time that i was i meet a lot people an i kind of come to be the go to guy when are a team cause i might have done that job many time before everyday was new day an respected every one from my team to the clents.
Pros
some jobs would feed u but it still our job to our own lunch
Cons
the health insurance was not good so be safe
Productive and hard-working environment.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 26, 2015
Working for the Command Center was a new experience for me, but it taught me how to be a team member and work from day to day full throttle with no supervision.
Pros
Check Everyday
Cons
Not enough hours
Command Center
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 21, 2015
Command Center was a disjointed operation we were one of the worst run organizations I have ever been employed by. No tools and no technology laptops etc.
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
No guidance from Corporate, no Bonus program
Very Friendly Staff
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILOctober 14, 2015
I enjoy working for the Command Center. The staff are very friendly and they make sure to find employment for those who are seeking employment.
Job variety
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNOctober 4, 2015
I have gotten to know a lot of the people. The work is very labor intensive. The pay is sub standard. The variation in job assignments can be interesting.
Pros
variety
Cons
poor pay scale
High pace inviroment
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  oklahoma city okOctober 2, 2015
Placing patients in rooms
Answering phones
Filing charts
writing scripts
Patient history
Going over refusals and submitting them
Pros
fast pace kemt me busy
Cons
it was just getting started in new roles and systems
Lack of support for employees and Local branch, Limited advancement opportunities
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 23, 2015
Experience for temporary workforce will vary on location, local culture set by management team and staff. Most positions are under paid and applicants should expect min. wage even for skilled positions. Beware as customers will often request a general laborer and make the employee perform skilled tasks (However, same can be said of most labor company customers)

Internal experience is dictated by local Branch Manager's personal management style, as they are able to run the office how they best see fit. Most office/ support positions are fairly compensated (typically $12- $16 DOE, Do not accept any offers under $13/hr as you will be expected to be very flexible with time and scope of work) Recruiters can advance to become Asst. Branch Manager or Branch Manager, however this is not typical as BM's are typically sourced externally.

Branch Managers are underpaid (typically $38K -$40K, $45K in only 2 occasions that I am aware of) and overworked (50 hrs min, 55 -60 typical which includes evening and weekends). They face many difficulties in obtaining both resources and tools needed that are outside the "main scope" of company norms (recruiting tools, sales resources, support from corp on expanding branch objectives or diversity of industries). Branch managers can expect to wear all of the hats in his/her own office, and perform all of the following tasks on a daily basis: morning dispatch (5:30 AM), recruiting (taking applications), on-site management (sometimes in access of 50 miles from branch), data entry, telemarketing activity, meet sales requirements, project management,
  more... customer service, fill job orders, schedule and dispatch temp employees, close out in the evenings (6 PM), weekly closeout, work weekend events, and on-call every evening (BM's must take all calls after hours and on weekends, failure to answer cell phone and/or emails is grounds for termination).

There are currently no advancement opportunities for Branch Managers, Command Center's current business model does not support the use of middle managers (district managers, regional managers, etc.), and any corporate positions are required to be based out of the Denver Co. location.

The new corporate management team is not family-friendly and has cultivated a poor work-life balance environment for its employees. Corporate employees are known to be condescending to branch employees and lack a sense of urgency concerning local branch matters.

BM candidates being considered or offered employment DO NOT accept less than $42K, you will be expected to give up most of your evening, weekend, and family time. Also the travel takes a toll on your vehicle, mileage is paid at $.35/ mile, and there are no allowances for car/travel.
Pros
Flexibility at the branch level, Little oversight and supervision from corporate team
Cons
Lack of support for branch and employees, No opportunity for advancement, Low morale and employee engagement, Corp. management team lacks sense of urgency
Productive and Consistant
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 8, 2015
Lots Of General Labor. Early Morning Hours, Few Late Nights. Management Was Easy To Get Along With. I Learned Alot Of Different Skills.
Enjoy the fast paced enviroment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Minot NDSeptember 2, 2015
I truly enjoyed the fast paced environment and the feeling that I was making a difference in others. I would work sometimes 6 days a week when business was booming. I enjoyed meeting new people and assisting new companies with their hiring needs.
fine
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 2, 2015
Pizza Hut I really love I got move up in the company and I was a delivering driver that was fun.People were great never had any problems.
Busy Thankless Work Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 18, 2015
Very long days and nights. Upper management only cared about the bottom line. Upper management always did what was needed to make sure clients had people, even if it meant bending/breaking the rules. Always doing unethical things.
Pros
Cons
Unethical
Productive workplace that offers temporary employment.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 17, 2015
A typical day at work can vary depending on the availability of the companies needs.
I learned that this company only provides temporary job assignments.
The hardest part of the job was having the ability to relocate.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to choose what company you wanted to work for.
Pros
Work is depending on your availability.
Cons
Temporary job placements.
helpful place to work if in a pinch
Crew (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 4, 2015
i worked with command because i was in between jobs. i liked how they treated their workers and there was always a job for those willing to work
great people but inconsistant work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  IDJuly 31, 2015
the work through command center was a lot of times fun but challenging. the jobs didn't pay much and the work was physically exhausting. my least enjoyable job was washing cars, my favorite was collecting pollen. management was great and friendly and I had a great time with all the guys I worked with.
Pros
paid daily
Cons
inconsistant work
12 hour watches that can become high tempo at times, but worth it knowing that you are there to save lives.
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Multiple locationsJuly 30, 2015
In this environment for a Operations Specialist you will stand a 12 hour watch. The Operations Specialist will conduct all Search and Rescue missions which will include generating search plans, gathering information from outside sources, entering data into multiple programs and providing briefs on all missions to the commanding officer.
Pros
Medical, Dental Housing
Cons
Long Hours, High Tempo
overall it was a job i could tolerate
Industrial Cleaning/Steel and paper mill worker (Current Employee) –  griffith indianaJuly 20, 2015
good jobs unprofessional management but i did learn some tricks of the trade. the hours were unstable but workable but had very long lay off periods
Pros
income
Cons
layoffs managment payouts
hard work
Demolition Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2015
usually work was physical labor. I learned about different methods and techniques of commercial demolition. Management varied depending upon the foreman. The lengthy hours and physical strain on the body was the hardest part. The commraderie of the crews I found most enjoyable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Command Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9