Command Security Corporation

Command Security Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Doesn't deserve any stars
Former csc security officer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 19, 2016
This company when I first started I read the reviews and I said ah there all lies! Then I noticed what people where all talking about favoritism 100% and yes it's true management is all screwed up!
Pros
30 minutes lunch
Cons
Favoritism and mismanagement
CSC is not recommended for longevity or advancement for people other than caucasions
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 9, 2016
Until the current CEO & VP of operations came to power the previous executives would listen, look out for the staff too include the management staff as well. Now it's just about the current executives paydays and advancement of themselves. Too at no end they are great hockey players with passing the puck, more like work and responsibility without the passing of green backs. And as of today it gets worst as if its modern day slavery, at least give the slaves some hog parts. Since their onset it has and will continue to be a nightmare. They will throw their mothers to the wolves without hesitation. Know one is as smart as they are let them tell it, you're an idiot until they tell you otherwise. SAD LOST A LOT OF GREAT TALENT< AND GOING TO LOSE MORE!
Pros
Not any more
Cons
See for yourself if your desperate.
The Job pays.
Security Control Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 7, 2016
There is nothing negative but no really positive either. The Job pays okay for security. The branch Manager was terrible he would never respond to email in timely manner and at one point at my site everyone's Security Guard Card was out dated.
Laid Back
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILJune 5, 2016
a typical day at work with command Security was laid back for most days,I'll come in check I.D's and make sure emergency panel is ok. I've learned how to work emergency panels. Management kept switching up . im was always the only one on shift.
Pros
The Nice Tenants
Cons
short/ No breaks
The worst and most unprofessional company by far
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Lewisberry, PAJune 5, 2016
This is by far the worst and most unprofessional company, they don't care for their employees as they say. They show favoritism towards certain officers and supervisors within the company, the turn around is high. The pay is minimal for the amount of work they want you to do. They don't follow procedures throughly when officers get injured on the job doing things that aren't within the contract on their duties. I wouldn't recommend anyone working for this company. They will turn on you once you start sticking up for yourself, they would rather you stay quiet and do your work instead of complaining about what really goes on within the company and how it really runs. Barely any breaks, working long hours with minimal coverage or help with daily duties, management has no consideration for your well being, health insurance doesn't cover basic coverage, requesting time off for personal/health reasons they hold against you in the end. Working 2weeks straight with no days off, management is unprofessional along with co-workers violating conflict of interest policy. Too much drama filled he said she said talk amongst each other within the guards personal and work business within the facility and other locations. Main office HR doesn't care about any of the officers in the pa locations nor about the complaints made. Working in encliment weather, especially in the winter in freezing temperatures outside for long hours standing and walking with little breaks to warm up.
This company is horrible inside and out.
Pros
Most truck drivers are nice, hours needed for OT are available, somewhat descent uniforms.
Cons
Everything about this company is horribly bad, from the management, to the officers, supervisors, the turn-around.
Employees
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Westchester Medical CenterMay 31, 2016
This company is pro employee :) The benefits are good. The staff at headquarters know their stuff and will work hard to find solutions to anyone's needs ;)
I work tending the store jewelry
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 28, 2016
We perform scanning of people who have access to stock jewelry, besides attending the Software, escorted jewels for delivery and safety check on the boxes. We perform technical description in English of daily activities.
gerat company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2016
working for command security was a great company. The company is very proffessional and very courtese to your family life.
Great experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTMay 17, 2016
Working for Command Security Corporation, provided improvement for my work ethic and gave me the ability to improve myself in the security work field.
Pros
Good experience
Employment .
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 11, 2016
During my time with Command security I gained an insight to the world of Security as a whole; the experience was invaluable in furthering my career choices .

Want to know more about Command Security Corporation?

Ask a question
productive workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 7, 2016
. My typical day at work was very calm and relaxing but yet alert to my surroundings.
. I learned that having this job you have to be prepared for anything.
. management is respectful and caring and treat anyone they come in contact with at the job like family.
. The co-workers were very respectful and helpful during my training when I first came to the corporation .
. the hardest part of the job was staying alert and being prepared for anything.
. The enjoyable part was getting respect and honored by the corporation.
Pros
respect and loyalty from co-workers
Cons
short breaks and pop up supervisons
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 5, 2016
Management was always an issue. It made the job harder than it actually was. I learned a lot of skills for customer service. It was a fun experience.
Since CSC acquired the contract in 2011 and just got contract renewal I have seen our security effectiveness increased.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 29, 2016
I had spent 21 years in the military. I have enjoyed my almost 10 years providing security at a major city airport. Having our management located on site has provided a benefit to our client's security needs as will the needs of the security guards. Our management attends the monthly meetings. Our guards receive their uniforms in a timely manner which are professional looking. Best of all they were able to get us new security guard buildings. These are a few of the things they have done. I'm looking forward to the next 5+ years with all the great people at this site.
Pros
Professional looking uniforms, security bldgs., The People
Maddening.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2016
The workers at the bank, such as the tellers, were productive and busy in their work, but being a security guard there was not easy. It was required that you stand in one spot for all open hours of business, no sitting was allowed. Also, any social interaction outside of greeting bank goers was not allowed other than small talk that lasted a few seconds. The majority of the day was spent getting ready for work, working, and getting home from work, with little to no time to do anything else. No tools were given to protect the bank or the people. Overall, it was a bad work experience that I wouldn't even think of going back to. It was a mostly safe environment though with mostly mid-class individuals coming into the bank and the workers there are also good people.
Pros
None.
Cons
Short lunch break, only one day off, standing up in one spot 8+ hours straight, constant fatigue, long hours of boredom and doing absolutely nothing, and no security devices, tools, or equipment.
Decent workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLFebruary 26, 2016
Not the best pay and management is ok but not great. Would not go back to work here if I had to choose. Don't make a mistake not very lenient.
An okay place to work for
Post Commander (Former Employee) –  City Industry, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Working for Command Security started out to be a fun place to work for. The scheduling management were very nice and fair. The hardest part of the job, was being a supervisor.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Monitored the employees that came and left FedEx Ground
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 14, 2016
It was a great company to work for. I got to work with great employees and met a lot of people with my time at FedEx. It was quite the experience
Pleasant work place
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Wyncote, PAFebruary 10, 2016
Establishment company, employees were great to get along with. The job site was a nice environment to work at. Customers became familiar with me and felt more secure of my presents.
Pros
Day time working hours
Cons
Job site closed
cooperative staffs but administration is bad.
guard (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJanuary 24, 2016
The job was ok based on the experience required but the mangement fail to provide work vehicles and no secuirty booth where i worked. Which had a lot of tire on my vehicle.
Pros
provide vouchers for uniforms
Cons
No wage raise
Not a job to be proud of
security (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 4, 2016
Okay job if you only do it part time or you are retired police/military and looking for a part time job for a little extra income. Or if you are just looking for some experiance to build up your resume for something better. Sticking with it will take you nowhere. No authority to prevent crime or help others. Your just for looks.
Pros
No one to look over your shoulder for the most part, trusted more or less to be on your own and do your job, about as easy as a job can get, play statue for 8-9 hours a day
Cons
Zero advancement, very high risk, very low pay, no raises in pay, only one week of paid vacation, unarmed, poor communication, working conditions can be very harsh, long hours on your feet with only a single half hour break, inconsistent schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Command Security Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.