Command Security Corporation

Command Security Corporation Employee Reviews

Stay away!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lewisberry, PAOctober 13, 2016
Horrible conditions!! If you're a hardworker, you will be taken advantage of by other lazy useless guards and supervisors... there have been times I was stuck out in the rain doing trucks all night while other guards as well as the supervisors would be sitting in the office on their phones... if you try and stand up for yourself, you're the bad one!! Unprofessional guards with hygiene issues and unprofessional talk and behavior!! Horrible benefits and pay!! Extreme short staffing issues all the time, no work/life balance at all!!
Pros
Cons
favoritism, bad management, extremely short staffed all the time, horrible benefits and pay
CSC is not recommended for longevity or advancement for people other than caucasions
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 9, 2016
Until the current CEO & VP of operations came to power the previous executives would listen, look out for the staff too include the management staff as well. Now it's just about the current executives paydays and advancement of themselves. Too at no end they are great hockey players with passing the puck, more like work and responsibility without the passing of green backs. And as of today it gets worst as if its modern day slavery, at least give the slaves some hog parts. Since their onset it has and will continue to be a nightmare. They will throw their mothers to the wolves without hesitation. Know one is as smart as they are let them tell it, you're an idiot until they tell you otherwise. SAD LOST A LOT OF GREAT TALENT< AND GOING TO LOSE MORE!
Pros
Not any more
Cons
See for yourself if your desperate.
This is not a good place to be employed!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNDecember 20, 2016
I worked for command for less than one month before finally quitting. The management was poor and there was no communication. The shift or hours you were expected to work jumped around so that nothing in my personal life could be planned. One day I might be on first shift and go to work only to be sent home and told that they needed me to work that night. I never knew exactly what my schedule was going to be! When I finally got my first pay check I was not paid for all of my hours worked and it took another two weeks to fix their error. Over all a easy job but poor management and you have to keep up with your own hours to be sure you are not shorted any money!
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Poor management, no communication
permanent spots
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 6, 2016
i worked varies of sites for command I have moved 2 different cites and got me work the bank was one and that didnt last long the tellers complained too much made false accusations, when they try to talk to you and you tell them you cant. my last site was the best one I had and i guess they let it go and i resigned because the management for this site was BAD nobody ever responded to us it was 3rd shift and when i eventually didnt give a hoot they did .... the payroll is a joke they steal from you so look elsewhere
Pros
clients were nice
Cons
short breaks
Days to Forget
security officer (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCNovember 26, 2016
My experience with this job was rather bad that it made me decide to quit.I had faced difficult moments because of the kind of co-workers and the strange type of job which is entirely different from my original career.Any way it was an experience to forget but it made me feel that I could acclimate with strange and severe circumstances.
unproductive, unrewarding, no place for advancement
Patrol Officer (Current Employee) –  mid townJanuary 9, 2017
This is a horrible security company to work for. This company is all smoke and mirrors. They are crooked and evil in every aspect of human kind. I wouldn't recommend working for this company. If, you are considering it I would advise that you move on. Command has a verily high turnover rate once people figure out that they are about to be screwed they usually terminate their employment anyway. This company will screw you over on your pay and overtime. They will lead you to believe that they are there for you but, they are more than likely to stab you in the back one time or another. Don't put your trust in Command cause' you will be disappointed and left feeling betrayed.
Pros
There are no pros for working for this Company it is not reputable.
Cons
Cons are everything to be expected...absolutely horrible company, .
Productive work environment with potential to advance depending on site location
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Union, NJOctober 7, 2016
My issues with this company are exceptional I just feel it is time to move on and try a new career opportunity to learn and develop my personal skills and work ethics.
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
must have car to reach higher opportunity locations
Not a job to be proud of
security (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 4, 2016
Okay job if you only do it part time or you are retired police/military and looking for a part time job for a little extra income. Or if you are just looking for some experiance to build up your resume for something better. Sticking with it will take you nowhere. No authority to prevent crime or help others. Your just for looks.
Pros
No one to look over your shoulder for the most part, trusted more or less to be on your own and do your job, about as easy as a job can get, play statue for 8-9 hours a day
Cons
Zero advancement, very high risk, very low pay, no raises in pay, only one week of paid vacation, unarmed, poor communication, working conditions can be very harsh, long hours on your feet with only a single half hour break, inconsistent schedule
Command Security Corporation Review
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 8, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. The experience I gained allowed me to accept a position with another company with a global operation.
Pros
Level of hands on training
Cons
Few opportunities for advancement
Typical Job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 14, 2017
This is my first security job, drama aside, its a great place to work, this is the first job I've had that I can go home and still enjoy the rest of my day. Management is lacking with no communication to other employees.
Employees
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Westchester Medical CenterMay 31, 2016
This company is pro employee :) The benefits are good. The staff at headquarters know their stuff and will work hard to find solutions to anyone's needs ;)
Productive and Great Co-working Staff and Team
Security Practice Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region) (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 31, 2016
A fine work environment and Training & Operational Management Team. A very productive and co-working staff whom are ably organized.
Since CSC acquired the contract in 2011 and just got contract renewal I have seen our security effectiveness increased.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 29, 2016
I had spent 21 years in the military. I have enjoyed my almost 10 years providing security at a major city airport. Having our management located on site has provided a benefit to our client's security needs as will the needs of the security guards. Our management attends the monthly meetings. Our guards receive their uniforms in a timely manner which are professional looking. Best of all they were able to get us new security guard buildings. These are a few of the things they have done. I'm looking forward to the next 5+ years with all the great people at this site.
Pros
Professional looking uniforms, security bldgs., The People
productive workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 7, 2016
. My typical day at work was very calm and relaxing but yet alert to my surroundings.
. I learned that having this job you have to be prepared for anything.
. management is respectful and caring and treat anyone they come in contact with at the job like family.
. The co-workers were very respectful and helpful during my training when I first came to the corporation .
. the hardest part of the job was staying alert and being prepared for anything.
. The enjoyable part was getting respect and honored by the corporation.
Pros
respect and loyalty from co-workers
Cons
short breaks and pop up supervisons
Good
Senior Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2016
Good, good management, good work load, decent scheduling. Pay was ok, communication was good. time off was good. it was a pleasant overall experience.
Place sucks donkey balls
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 29, 2016
The WORST place you could ever work for. THE PAY SUCKS, the managers/supervisors are unreliable, they lose people because they dont pay enough and the hours suck. They hire anybody to work for them, even if you dont have a guard card they will hire you because they are desperate. Horrible horrible horrible place
Pros
Cons
THEY SUCK
Maddening.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2016
The workers at the bank, such as the tellers, were productive and busy in their work, but being a security guard there was not easy. It was required that you stand in one spot for all open hours of business, no sitting was allowed. Also, any social interaction outside of greeting bank goers was not allowed other than small talk that lasted a few seconds. The majority of the day was spent getting ready for work, working, and getting home from work, with little to no time to do anything else. No tools were given to protect the bank or the people. Overall, it was a bad work experience that I wouldn't even think of going back to. It was a mostly safe environment though with mostly mid-class individuals coming into the bank and the workers there are also good people.
Pros
None.
Cons
Short lunch break, only one day off, standing up in one spot 8+ hours straight, constant fatigue, long hours of boredom and doing absolutely nothing, and no security devices, tools, or equipment.
no time for play when you work at the hospital. BUSY.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJuly 9, 2016
co-workers some are good and some are bad, the management seems to favor almost all the employees except couple.the site I worked at was a busy site, the Westchester medical center.
Pros
Cons
revenges from co-workers who is promoted
Gate Security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PANovember 2, 2016
the managers are terrible and will find any reason to fire you if they dont like you and Corporate will listen to them without asking anyone else. It is nothing but an argument everyday The other employees at the same level are great to work with but they aer constantly changing.
The worst and most unprofessional company by far
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Lewisberry, PAJune 5, 2016
This is by far the worst and most unprofessional company, they don't care for their employees as they say. They show favoritism towards certain officers and supervisors within the company, the turn around is high. The pay is minimal for the amount of work they want you to do. They don't follow procedures throughly when officers get injured on the job doing things that aren't within the contract on their duties. I wouldn't recommend anyone working for this company. They will turn on you once you start sticking up for yourself, they would rather you stay quiet and do your work instead of complaining about what really goes on within the company and how it really runs. Barely any breaks, working long hours with minimal coverage or help with daily duties, management has no consideration for your well being, health insurance doesn't cover basic coverage, requesting time off for personal/health reasons they hold against you in the end. Working 2weeks straight with no days off, management is unprofessional along with co-workers violating conflict of interest policy. Too much drama filled he said she said talk amongst each other within the guards personal and work business within the facility and other locations. Main office HR doesn't care about any of the officers in the pa locations nor about the complaints made. Working in encliment weather, especially in the winter in freezing temperatures outside for long hours standing and walking with little breaks to warm up.
This company is horrible inside and out.
Pros
Most truck drivers are nice, hours needed for OT are available, somewhat descent uniforms.
Cons
Everything about this company is horribly bad, from the management, to the officers, supervisors, the turn-around.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Command Security Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8