Command Employee Reviews

The best labor hall in town
Laborer/ flagger (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 19, 2016
However, their is zero job security you never know when their will be jobs and when there won't be. There is also no room for advancement or pay raise. Pay is usually minimum wage.
Pros
You can take off any day you want as long as it's an hour before work would start
Cons
No pay raises. If flagging, no breaks and no lunch, lucky if you get to use the restroom once on a 12 hour shift. No job security.
The current job at command is demanding but there are bigger oppertunities awaiting for me. I believe Blackmon Mooring is my chance for advancement.
Driver, Loader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2016
You worked off hors sometimes. Pay IS okay. Compensation for travel. No overtime.Work is consistent sometimes.U.A. test are required.week-ends off.No vacation Time.
Pros
Pay hikes rare
Cons
No healthcare
Corporate Mismanaged
Employee (Former Employee) –  North DakotaApril 23, 2016
Command Center has a great purpose. However, upper management does not communicate, they lie, and do not treat people the same, i.e. pay is not equal (base salaries) an idiot with no education but has his own set of golf clubs swinging gets you a corporate credit card and higher base pay.

They also do not support their employees mid-level management on down to internal staff. No employee wellness whatsoever.

Corporate culture is horrible. They pit managers against managers. No resolutions to concerns or problems.

Great purpose. Stressful depending the size of the branch and where it is located and you will work six days a week or more as a staff member.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits
Cons
Unhealthy corporate culture... no job security
Learning Experience
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 6, 2016
This job involved and a lot of highs and lows. There was a daily routine, but no two days or two weeks were ever the same. This job involved recruiting individuals for work and or training as well as job hunting to place these individuals to go to work. At this job, I learned about; team work, prioritizing work loads, payroll, billing and Human Resources.
Management and coworkers were AWESOME!
The hardest part of the job, simply being disappointed by the employees- who said they were going to show up, but didn't.
The most rewarding part of the job, was putting people to work, giving them their paycheck at either the end of the day or week, depending on the job. I was able to see people progress, from having no money in their pocket, to being able to strive and hold a leading position in their work. That was AMAZING!!
Overall this was an amazing learning experience, I was able to learn and task different job titles and at the same time place people to work.
Cons
No job security
Good family-oriented company
Electronic Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakmont, PASeptember 15, 2015
I stayed with CSI for the experience and the people that work there. Had I been there strictly for financial compensation, I would have left years ago.

During my years there, my skill-set has expanded from a novice electronic technician to a professional electronic engineering technician.

Even when I moved a few years ago, CSI outsourced equipment to me for repair and kept me on their payroll. It was nice to be recognized as a vital asset to the company. Unfortunately, it is a small company and the work they were able to send me has thinned out, and it is no longer financially viable for me to stay with them.

The company has changed ownership a couple of times during my employment there, and I consider the employers I have had there to be both trusted colleagues and friends.
Pros
Family oriented. Ability and encouragement to learn new skills.
Cons
Small company - not much room for financial advancement.
Horrible Odessa branch manager
Staffing Specialist/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 20, 2016
The Odessa branch manager yells at ftms using profanity and degrading words. Also his employees. I'd not recommend this place to anyone seeking a career!
command center
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 12, 2016
I had an enjoyable exspireance, workering at the command center and it taought me self control, obediance, communication with others and helped me become versatile no matter what job I had
Pros
working with others
Cons
not getting enough hours in
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Laborer (Current Employee) –  SPokane WaSeptember 22, 2016
Great company to work for everyone is really nice. Just need to be more organized is all, Such as when they say that they have a job for you and they can not get it together they need to tell you before the day instead of waiting until the last minute to tell you the job was cancelled.
poor work environment
Construction Worker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2016
i did not like the job or the staff members that worked there they were not organized and communicating with each other, there was not enough work there
Pros
Cons
not a good enough pay and no good jobs
Productive place to work. Quality management. Stable incoming work flow.
Temporary Labor (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJune 27, 2016
I enjoyed working for Command Center. I kept the same job for over a year (working stock overnight at Walmart), and never had problems with management. I am now able to use the work experience I have learned while working under Command, to further my work endeavors.
Pros
Ability to work on my own. (Stock)
Driver for Auctions
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  7331 Landover Rd Londover hills MD 20785August 17, 2016
I will drive cars to be bided for and then take the cars back if not wanted. The lot is about 5 or more acers. They have more than forty people that do the same thing I do and some that will manage the battery if the cars don't start. He or she will have to jump start the cars and make sure gas is in all cars that will be bided on.
Dedicated to performing at the highest standards with a growing organization where I can demonstrate over 20 years of experience in risk management, o
Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 30, 2016
Taking in workers comp claims, sending them to proper carrier. Managing entire claim process with TPA and attorney if applicable. Assigning workers comp job codes for all laborers. Providing and managing certificates of insurance for clients. Loved my co-workers and the job which made an enjoyable day.
It was really interesting to work at some different jobs through Command Center.
On Call Worker (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 8, 2016
I have learned that hard work pays off and getting along with coworkers is very important.
The hardest part of the job was having to wake up early but after a few days I got used to it.
The most enjoyable part of the many jobs I've had was having the opportunity to try and learn many different things to improve my work experience.
Consistant
Lead FQA (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 13, 2016
HONEST,ACCURATE AND A GREAT Place to learn many different skills and trades. They offer many opportunities to prove you as the worker you are.
Pros
Self Starter
Cons
Over all it is a wonderful job
Flagger/Laborer (Former Employee) –  western WashingtonMarch 30, 2016
Enjoyable environment regardless of the weather. Being able to bring a smile to even the most irate of drivers forced to wait while workers do their jobs.
Management leaves much to be desired. They favor some employees and disregard others.
Pros
Being able to be around different people and new places virtually every day. Daily pay.
Cons
Management playing favorites
Great place to advance skill set
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 7, 2016
Working at the Command Center was great!! You get paid daily and get a chance to build your skill set. I only wish that they offered more temp to hire jobs. Great workplace!!
Productive and Fast paced work enviroment.
On-Call Customer Serv.Rep/ Sec. Gaurd (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 11, 2016
I am a Great problem solver, hard and dedicated worker. I enjoy receiving challenges, and love to work in a fast paced environment. I pay attention to detail and stick to deadlines if there are any required on any job assignment.
I enjoy working in an environment full of team players. I enjoy helping others if they are in need to finish their work load.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
traveling banquet server
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INMarch 23, 2016
It works well for extra money jobs. it is not a steady flow of income. allows you to accept or reject a job due to personal availability
Pros
different locations
Cons
not steady work
Productive place to work
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNApril 15, 2016
I have greatly enjoyed working for command center inc. I wish they had more permanent positions. I learned about security work as well as secret shopping. The hardest part of the job is securing consistent work.
Labor
Roofing (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 29, 2015
Work was pretty long. I learned alot about roofing. The management was pretty good as well as my coworkers. Hardest part was going home. The most enjoyable part was

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Command. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8