Commerce Bank Employee Reviews

Company no longer exists
U.S. Head of Real Estate and Construction (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJJanuary 8, 2018
company no longer exists the company was acquired by TD bank in 2007. Commerce was also a terrific organization that changed the face of banking
Overall experience was terrific
N/a
Talent Acqusition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MOJanuary 7, 2018
Good benefits, competitive salary, great culture, good management, not good job work/life balance. Hardest part of the job is not having enough time or help to get things done in a timely manner.
Company had a dedicated and hard working employee. In the end, mgrs do not appreciate all the work their assistants do.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City areaJanuary 7, 2018
Department did not work as a team. Manager off the wall in wanting perfection. Made staff member feel like a slave.

Human Resources difficult to work with.
Pros
Good vacation policy.
Cons
Company demanded perfection and if errors were made, you were made to feel guilty. Felt like I was bullied every day
Fast paced and very work driven
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MOJanuary 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Commerce. I learned many new skill sets to help me in my everyday life. I would recommend working there to anyone who can handle a fast paced and high stress environment.
Pros
Government holidays
Cons
Stressful work environment
Unique Financial Institute
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Very friendly , always smiley, very convenience for customers with Penny Arcade , working environment very fun, the most enjoyable part of the time was Fridays
A company in transition
Vice-President Design and Construction (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 30, 2017
Family like culture for a large organization going through transition. Once you get your arms around the politics that is the key to your success in this organization.
Great workplace
Bank Trainee (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 28, 2017
Commerce is a great place to work with flexible work hours. The work can seem to be a little boring and monotonous but once you dig in you can see the benefits in other areas of finance.
horrible Management
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILDecember 28, 2017
The ones that are in the friendship circle of the Management are being moved up even if they do not have the skills and knowledge required for the position.
Boring but average place to work
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 23, 2017
A typical day consists of opening the branch, helping customers with deposits or with opening accounts. The hardest part of the job was learning things you dont see every day, such as IRAs and trust documents. The work place culture was different branch to branch, i had my favorites and i had ones I was not very fond of. The incentive plan was ridiculous. Do not expect to make incentive.
Pros
Paid Holidays, Weekends off
Cons
Boring day to day work
You do to much & receive to little
Personal Banker Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 11, 2017
Working as a Personal Banker Assoc. for the company and all I've received is a headache. I do things that I've never had to do at other banks as a teller, including loans and selling up auto loans. It's a high cut throat point system based way to work. Way to stressful and time consuming for the pay. They don't train you well and then through you on the transaction line in hopes you make it.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
almost everything else.
Fun and professional work place
Online Bank Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 30, 2017
It was a very fun a fast pace work environment made time go by really quick, everyone was very helpful and friendly and they offered excellent benefits and they had a gym at the location which made staying fit easy.
It's a okay place to work
Personal Banker I (Current Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MONovember 29, 2017
Commerce was overall a great place to work but management maybe just at my location was not the best not do they appreciate you no matter how hard your working
Overnight job
Remittance Processor II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 28, 2017
Working the third shift in the processing department was like living on the moon. Silent, dusty, dark, and devoid of any sense of levity. The work itself was manageable, but the environment was definitely suited to only a specific type of sociopath.
Not fairly treated
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJNovember 23, 2017
When I started in the first department things were good. I wanted to continue advancing so I went to a new department worked in that department for 3 years until the department and the bank fell apart.
Was a good place to work, Salary was low for position
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 22, 2017
Was a good place to work, Salary was very low vs.industry standards and hours worked were ridiculous (about 70!) Worked in several center city Philadelphia branches and all were EXTREMELY busy with lines sometimes going from one end of the bank to the other. As an operations supervisor, I usually worked from open to close (7 am - 8 pm) M-F plus one weekend day... VP's who visited infrequently were a bunch of phony snoots but branch teammates were great, enjoyed that part and customer interaction very much.
Pros
Fast-Paced, at times even fun
Cons
Long Hours, Low Pay
Great workplace
Universal Teller (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TX 78041November 22, 2017
Really great experience working here. They have an awesome training program you learn a lot of things, so when you go to the branch you definitely know what you have to do.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Mandatory to open accts
Decent place to work
mortgage loan closer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 20, 2017
In at 7:30am, review and loan file, call customer to schedule closing, call place of closing and verify appointment time and location, input figures on the CD. Call customer with final figure. Pull the loan package, review and send to place of closing via encompass computer system for completion of loan. Leave at 4:30pm.
Closing supervisor is great to work with.
Overtime is granted as needed, sometimes mandatory.
Enjoyed working with my co-workers
Working at Commerce
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 17, 2017
My typical day at Commerce consisted of assisting customers with their accounts, printing debit cards, handling the vault's cash, running transactions such as deposits, and much more.
Pros
Getting to know the customers everytime they come in.
Cons
Unpleasant customers
Great place
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 17, 2017
I loved working there. I’d go back anytime if the opportunity allowed. Culture is unlike any other place I’ve been. They care about employees and the work/life balance.
Pros
Culture and work life balance
Cons
Pay is a know deficiency
Tasks
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 16, 2017
Commerce Bank is a conservative bank. There was no room for growth. The culture was to each his own. Each person work in their own bubble, with no assistance from upper management.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
short breaks, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Commerce Bank. Our community is ready to answer.