Commerce Bank

Commerce Bank Employee Reviews

Great opportunity
Method Analyst II/Supervisor (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 28, 2015
Pros: Great opportunity to expand operational kowledge.
Cons: Distance from family
I was provided the opportunity to expand my knowledge in bank operations and was always provided with challenging assignments. Working as a Methods Analyst; process improvements and project management was awesome.
fun, and fast pace environment
Data Processor II (Proof Operator) (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 25, 2015
working with a team of co-workers to input and process a high volume of financial information in a timely matter. Great place to work.
productive place
Check Processor/Customer Service (Former Employee), Home, KSJune 25, 2015
I worked in check processing before I went to work for the mortgage part of the bank. I liked interacting with our customers on the phone.
Positive work environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Liberty, MOJune 24, 2015
Pros: Advancemnt
Working for Commerce Bank was a great learning experience. This job was my first grown up job. I learned alot about how to handle money and offers that banks provide for their customers. My coworkers and management were very helpful. They knew how to set you up for success.
good work culture, strong support team and mentorship program
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2015
Pleasant, professional work environment. Good work/life balance. Strong culture along all work groups/department. Enjoyed working across department groups to accomplish goals and assist clients
Productive and Fun Environment
Personal Banker Associate (Current Employee), Lansing, KSJune 17, 2015
Great place to work for college students. Flexible schedules that also work with your college schedules. Decent pay for someone in high school and freshman year of college.
I didn't enjoy it.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Florissant, MOJune 11, 2015
Pros: I got paid.
Cons: Everything else.
I did not like this job. I was part time working 6 days a week with a boss that would throw you under the table in front of customers. I didn't know how bad it was until I went on vacation and came back to a nightmare. I don't know how the other branches operate but this one was awful.
Productive and fun work place
Servicing Rep (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 11, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch breaks and flexible schedule
A typical day at work would be to go to the file cabinets and pull the files that my supervisor had assigned (usually 10-12 files). I would then review to make sure I had all the documents and that they were accurate to proceed with preparing the loan documents. If the information was not correct I would contact the appropriate department or county records office. I learned what steps are taken during the loan process in order to complete a closing. My co-workers at the office and through the entire building was very courteous and down to earth. The hardest part of this job was not being able to complete the loan due to previous title issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying the clients.
Commerce
Teller (Former Employee), Tinton Falls, NJJune 7, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: pay
Good group of people to work with and work for. I had a manager who really cared!!! She was amazing!! Open 7 days a week so flexible work schedule was good.
Loved the people I worked with and the customers I helped!
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Eureka, MOJune 1, 2015
Commerce was a great place to work. I enjoyed my coworkers and my last few managers! We had a very small team at our branch and we really learned to work together. The hardest part of the job was remembering all of the procedures and the number of managers that our branch went through in the few years I was there.
Great Culture, hard to move up
Certified Professional Teller (Current Employee), Joplin, MOMay 25, 2015
Pros: Good long term career
Cons: Hard to move up, "Clickie"
Great people, great culture, however very "Clickie"

Been employed for many years with CB and I'm a very rational, reasonable, professional person who has applied for multiple potions. HR "overlooked" my application for one position which caused a less qualified applicant to gain the position. I understand this could happen but it was not handled well by HR.
A good place to work, not one day is ever the same
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Succasunna, NJMay 21, 2015
Pros: great health and dental benefits
Cons: they were purchased by a bank
This was a great place to work
This was insurance agency which represented many different insurance companies.
At about the same time I was leaving the state to get married, the agency was bought by a bank
This was unsettling to everyone and there were many changes happening as I was leaving.
The timing really was perfect, I really liked working there and it looked like it wasn't going to go well with the transition.
Very great company to grow and advance with.
Personal Banker II (Current Employee), St. LouisMay 17, 2015
A typical day at work Is simply building great relationships with customers of the bank listening to their financial needs. This gives me the opportunity to share my knowledge so that I can offer the proper solution to any problem or need the customer may have.
It's good for kids/ adults after graduation
Teller (Current Employee), University City, MOMay 11, 2015
Pros: Lovely co workers, decent pay for new grad
Cons: hours, no full time offered until after a year
The schedule is not flexible, hours are odd, never offer full time for new applicants.
Loved everyone I worked with! Overall it was okay, a lot of the old people didn't understand most of the accounts so we got yelled at a lot. We were also robbed, that was ridiculous
Products, training
Lead Teller (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 9, 2015
Commerce bank is a good company to work for, they care about their employees and the management team care about their employees. They have plenty of training and information about the company.
Wonderful job. Love working with the public
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Farmington, MOMay 7, 2015
Pros: Excellent hours, wonderful environment
Cons: salary
This was an excellent job. You meet a wide variety of people and cultures while working at a bank. Not a lot of stress but a lot of different situations. Management was very good. The hardest part of the job is the pay. You do alot for a what you are paid. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the public. You will make friends with a wide variety of individuals with all diffent kinds of backgrounds. You learn about other families without ever meeting them. You learn to keep up with events in other lives and all from you work station.
Great place to work.
Teller (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMay 6, 2015
Excellent place to work. I get to experience a professional setting as well as great management. I get to learn about the banking world as well as acquire skills such as paying attention to detail and giving outstanding customer service.
loved working for Commerce Bank. Enjoyed learning the culture, the environment, and patrons.
TELLER (Former Employee), Glassboro, NJMay 4, 2015
Over-all, I enjoyed coming to work each day for Commerce Bank. Management was very willing to take you under their wing and provide excellent training.
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Clayton, MOApril 21, 2015
Pros: .
Cons: .
Great place to work for with advancement opportunities. ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
stressful
Remittance Processor (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 18, 2015
Pros: off on weekends
Cons: no breaks and 30 minutes lunch
very busy, sometime long days during tax time
some manager have their picks
co-working not a team player
hardest part of job if you don't keep up will get terminated

1 2 3 4 5

About Commerce Bank

Commerce Bank, a Missouri-based company, operates as a super-community bank offering an array of sophisticated financial products – Read more

Commerce Bank Salaries