Commerce Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Fast pace enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOApril 30, 2016
Typical day is answering calles from customers detailing their accoount information and assisting with PC banking techniqul support
Pros
the ability to work fast with duel computers
Cons
euiptment is outdated
Focused on customers and employees
Middle Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 29, 2016
Senior management are visible and care about employees satisfaction. Environment is family like, co-workers are always willing to assist each other.
I enjoyed working here.
Dispute Resolution Specialst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 22, 2016
Overall a group of good people to work with and a fun mellow paced job environment with decent management. I enjoyed resolving disputes for card holders all over the Midwest. Commerce Bank customers were great to work with and building relationships with customers came easy.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Advancement very difficult due to it being a back office.
working with people
Teller / Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glenolden, PAMarch 21, 2016
Everyday was something different fun customers . Love helping people . Coworkers made the day go by fast. Lunch breaks were very short
Excellent Company to work for
Branch Manager II (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 13, 2016
Commerce Bank is an excellent financial institution. As an employee at a variety of levels, I felt that my ideas and opinions were heard and were considered important. The leadership on every level that I encountered were top notch.
very busy branch with friendly co workers and customers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOMarch 10, 2016
This was my first banking job and loved it dearly. I met some great people, whom still remain my friends. I learned so much about banking and enjoyed every bit of it, I actually miss it. I had an opportunity for a higher paying job which was full time and was definitely a step up which was a job I was at for ten years.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
Impossible to Advance, Good Sales Reps AVOID! Incentive structure is laughable.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 2, 2016
For the 4 years I have worked for Commerce Bank, I have been a Personal Banker at two different locations. My current branch is in an affluent area so my sales numbers are exponentially better than the previous location. I was promised a promotion, but due to manager turnover and inexperienced management, they retracted their promise. I have exceeded any expectations of my current job title every month, but because of awful management, regional managers and otherwise, I continue to get ridiculous reasons for the delay. They show no appreciation for the work you do, and only promote "Yes" men and women. The turnover is ridiculous in the retail level, and they expect you to adjust your life daily to make up for their inability to give their employees a great work environment.
Pros
Occassional free lunch
Cons
Quarterly sales incentive, poor inexperienced management, extended banking hours
Temporary work at a bank
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2016
I enjoyed working at Georgia Commerce Bank, while I could work there. There was a lot of physical work involved in this job, which did not bother me. The people that I worked with were amazing and I would have wanted to work with them longer, but that was not possible. I learned, while working there, that I love doing administrative work, because I love organization.
Excellent Company to work for.
Personal Banker Specialist (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 23, 2016
Everyone is caring and tries hard to work with you on what you need.

-Great benefits

-Great hours

- Will work with you on work/life balance.
Branch Supervisor
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MOFebruary 23, 2016
Commerce expects a lot out of you for little pay. They put some employees on a pedestal depending on connections and if you don't fit their mold they want you out.
Very Good Team
Senior .Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 10, 2016
Just loved the project and the team. The bank has a relaxed pressure free work environment and it is great working through my current employer VedicSoft who deal very professionally with their employees.
Small bank with local management and community involvement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 5, 2016
Work life balance was difficult. No sales pressure and very ethical workforce. Management is supportive. Very involved in the community. A lot of responsibility not congruous to pay.
Fun environment for employees
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 29, 2016
I worked for Commerce Bank prior to them being bought by TD. I worked in their call center in Mt Laurel. It was an extremely fun environment. Amazing lunch room, free flu shots for all employees every year, fair advancement, fair when offering new schedules and overtime. I learned how to love customer service and all the ins and outs of the banking industry. I am more knowledgeable as a person in the real world when it comes to banking and I am very thankful for all that information.
Pros
Fun work environment.
Cons
Employees were made to park extremely far from building
Great place to start off your career in the business world
Bank Associate (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJanuary 28, 2016
It was a great place to work while I was in College. I would highly recommend this business as a great way to open up the doors in the professional fields.
Excellent place to work.
Personal Banker Associate (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOJanuary 25, 2016
Great place to work. People are friendly and willing to help in a quick pace environment.

I enjoy helping our customers with there banking needs.
Pros
Good people, great place.
Cons
Room to advance.
Lots of opportunity for advancement
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 19, 2016
Great place to work with great people and opportunities. Several branches in Columbia, MO with lower level positions moving frequently for good advancement. Great coaching methods to improve yourself.
Great place to work with great people! Awesome culture!
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 14, 2015
During my time at Commerce Bank I have made many friends that are superior and coworkers alike. There really isn't much else to say besides it is an excellent place to work. Everyday I get to look forward to helping customers and working in a fun work environment. Commerce has taught me a lot about account management and banking regulations. Management doesn't get much better than at Commerce. If I had a problem or complaint they were always ready and willing to hear me and do something about it. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unruly or problematic customers. You have to be extremely careful about how you phrase certain things when speaking with customers. The most enjoyable part of working with Commerce is the customer base. For the most part, there is a great group of people who come to the bank on a regular basis and it always a joy getting to see them and build a relationship.
Pros
Flexible work environment, professional coworkers, great benefits, accommodating managment and great hours with holiday pay
Cons
Stressful situations, some demanding workdays, potential criminal customers
Commerce Bank
Teller (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSDecember 9, 2015
Depending on the locations you work at it can be good or bad. Also depending on the location you could have extended hours until 7 on Thursdays and 4 on Saturdays. I don't know about you but I have a life to live. Commerce just makes you feel like you can't have a life outside of work.
ok
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PADecember 5, 2015
This company has its ups and downs. You can make your own schedule depending on the department. The job is ok if just starting out!
Bank Manager
Senior Customer Service Representative/Team-leader (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJNovember 24, 2015
Handled the day to day operations of a retail branch bank in various locations in the Passaic and Bergen County. Strong focus on licensing representative for investment sales.