Cage Cashier (Former Employee) – Commerce, CA – April 12, 2017
Although the tips are good if you work graveyard. Well your stuck working graveyard. Every drunk is there too. Every count you do the customer says youre wrong so you count again and then call a supervisor to say youre right and the customer complains again. The drunks always count better than you.
Free buffet. Free fountain drinks in breakroom. Tips.
Food Server (Current Employee) – Commerce, CA – April 9, 2017
A very unorganized workplace.Short staff restaurant, always hiring because employees are always coming and going. The management of the restaurant are not helpful nor are they knowledgeable about their own system, menu, or bar. Benefits only apply for full time employees.
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee) – Commerce, CA – December 11, 2016
Its a great place to work. Co-workers always willing to help. Managers always looking to assist in anyway possible to be part of the team . Employee parking with casino transportation to the entrance.. Drivers very polite.
Boredom 90% of the time, unexpected excitement the other 10%
Security Officer (Former Employee) – Commerce, CA – September 11, 2016
Working in a casino was a world within itself. Dealing with gambling, drinking, drugs, prostitution, domestic disputes, physical disturbances...from customers and employees.
Hardest part for me was doing nothing for 8 hours. What I enjoyed most was becoming that go-to-guy for floor employees and shift leader. Developed skills to work with the public and effectively manage personnel.
Casino Service Representative (Former Employee) – Commerce, CA – August 6, 2016
I had a great time working here until new management took over and sided with minorities rather than standing for justice. If your looking for fairness, look elsewhere. If you're not a minority you WILL be left to fight for yourself. Management doesn't care and HR doesn't care.
Set shifts and weekends
Poor management, no room for growth, stingy with pay, no raises
Auditor (Former Employee) – Commerce, CA – July 6, 2016
The so called food & beverage audit Manager was the worst I have ever worked for. She would come in at her leisure, not train and make up issues that were not as they would appear. The worst part was by the time these false issues were brought to your attention you would be sitting there being handed a write up that was already signed off by her buddy in human resources. If you refused to sign it she would refuse to give you a copy so that you couldn't even contest it. The team on the other hand was a pretty good group of gals. There was one bad apple but there's always one. Luckily, a new supervisor from downstairs was brought in and seemed to revamp what was lacking.
Free Lunches & thank goodness I don't work there anymore !
Housekeeping (Former Employee) – Commerce, CA – April 25, 2016
Working graveyard and on the weekends most days were buys and there was always something to do. It was a fun environment to be in. Housekeeping was very stressful on the body(back,knees and feet) and some days you had to cover another co workers job and you were doing double and you only got paid to do one. if the pay was good i wouldn't mind but for ten dollars an hour it wasn't worth it.
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) – Commerce, CA – February 11, 2016
Process invoices for biwe ekly checks and create daily manual check batches. Contact vendors when we don't get the invoice to avoid paying invoice late and avoid late fees. Create new vendor in our Great Plain software. Scan all remittance check copy with the attached corresponding invoices. Code all invoices with it's corresponging GL code. Process any credit card card purchase invoice and reconcile the credit card statement with our internal check account. Assist the Corporate Controller with any balancing she needs on accounts.
Food Runner/Expeditor (Former Employee) – Commerce, CA – July 16, 2015
I worked at Commerce Casino for a total of 8 years, started out as a mini bar attendant. then got a transfer into the Arena sports bar and that's when things changed. So i decided to resign and move on due to unfair management.
Cage Cashier Graveyard (Former Employee) – Commerce, CA – January 18, 2015
Worst place to work. Managers are idiots, won't work with your schedule. Benefits were good from medical to free buffet lunch. Patrons are drunk and make you feel awkward. Supervisors do not back you up, for any reason. Get scheduled six days a week without any notice, if you don't like it then quit. That's their attitude. Graveyard Cage Supervisor is the worst offender. Rude, unwilling to schedule around anything.
Wood Dragon Restaurant hostess (Current Employee) – Commerce, CA – November 26, 2014
I supervise 2-4 server making sure all r guest are happy and getting service. The hard would be when we are short on staff I multi tasking so my title from a Host is a Host, Busser, Food Runner. I enjoy most is that I get to meet new people everyday.