Commerce Casino Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced place, productive, busy
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAFebruary 11, 2016
Process invoices for biwe ekly checks and create daily manual check batches. Contact vendors when we don't get the invoice to avoid paying invoice late and avoid late fees. Create new vendor in our Great Plain software. Scan all remittance check copy with the attached corresponding invoices. Code all invoices with it's corresponging GL code. Process any credit card card purchase invoice and reconcile the credit card statement with our internal check account. Assist the Corporate Controller with any balancing she needs on accounts.
Pros
$1.00 lunches and close to home
Cons
No place for advancement
A great place to work
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Commerce, Los AngelesOctober 7, 2015
A great company to work and its promotes within. The company operates 24/7 and 365. However, the accounting operates on business days.
Customer Service
FOOD SERVER (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAAugust 2, 2015
I would arrive to provide customer service to clients on the floor.
Enjoyed taking their orders and seen them enjoy their food order.
Cons
Managers were not professional.
It was fun for the first 5 years
Food Runner/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJuly 16, 2015
I worked at Commerce Casino for a total of 8 years, started out as a mini bar attendant. then got a transfer into the Arena sports bar and that's when things changed. So i decided to resign and move on due to unfair management.
Pros
Full benefits, Paid vacations, and Holiday pay.
Cons
Poor Management
Productive and fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAJuly 7, 2015
It's a fun place to work at with very profesional and experienced personels, nice facilities, good foods and a great place to play cards, poker or asian games.
Pros
good benfits
Cons
too many changes at work
can't keep people employed
Cage Cashier Graveyard (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Worst place to work. Managers are idiots, won't work with your schedule.
Benefits were good from medical to free buffet lunch.
Patrons are drunk and make you feel awkward.
Supervisors do not back you up, for any reason.
Get scheduled six days a week without any notice, if you don't like it then quit. That's their attitude.
Graveyard Cage Supervisor is the worst offender. Rude, unwilling to schedule around anything.
Pros
free lunch, drinks in breakroom
Cons
patrons, fights, drunks, supervisor, schedules
Correcting Purchase Orders
Food-Trak Administrator (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CADecember 1, 2014
Adjusting case pack, lbs on purchase orders. Daily contact with Buyers, Vendors and Accounts Payable.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
servers a great
Wood Dragon Restaurant hostess (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CANovember 26, 2014
I supervise 2-4 server making sure all r guest are happy and getting service. The hard would be when we are short on staff I multi tasking so my title from a Host is a Host, Busser, Food Runner. I enjoy most is that I get to meet new people everyday.
Pros
50% off for employees
Cons
short staff
Friendly personnel and great work/life balance
OPERATIONS CONTROLLER (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CANovember 5, 2014
Enjoy working for this company as it is a friendly environment with a good work/life balance.
Pros
lunch
Cons
24/7 operation, difficult to schedule time off
Different
Chip Runner / Floorman in Training (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAOctober 23, 2014
The casino experience in Los Angeles differs in many aspects compared to Las Vegas
seasonal
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAOctober 10, 2014
work register, not a lot of hours, part time, work with different people everyday.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CaliforniaSeptember 8, 2014
As a barista I learned to mix espresso drinks
* had the chance to serve and meet many different people including some celebrities
* Fast paced environment
* coworkers were friendly and very helpful
* Management needs improvement but overall met requests
* High volume
Pros
free espresso drinks
Cons
short breaks, limited options for lunch
Very Interesting place to work
Experienced Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMay 30, 2014
The years (5 years) I worked for Commerce Casino, I have learned more about Customer Service. It's such a busy place and I love working there it kept me busy, interacting with the customers, make the customers feel welcome so they can experience a wonderful time where I worked. I then transfer to the Cage Dept. and worked in the office and I really enjoyed it, I have learned a lot from my boss, supervisors, and co-workers. It's wise to pass on what you have learned to others, because everyone has been there when you are just starting a new job or anything. Make everyone feel secure, treat everyone nice and respect your authorities.
Pros
401k, free lunch for those who do not get tips, a chance to move up.
Cons
short breaks, too many supervisors in one department each one tells you something different.
Enjoy working with people with disabilities.
Buffet Cook (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAMay 5, 2014
A typical day at work, is fast pace to get the food served for the buffet. While I enjoy learning more about many cultures to cook for. The management needs alittle more training to learn how to treat others. While some of the co-workers need to stand up for themselves and stop the complaints. The hardest part of the job is hearing complaints about our management not giving some of the employees there breaks. While the most enjoyable part of the job is when all of the staff pulls together and work as a team.
Pros
free rooms
Cons
no breaks, for some of the employees
great pay, good people. great environment, rules and policies sometimes unclear.
Security Officer/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAApril 24, 2014
normal day to day security responsibilities.

I learned how to communicate with various types of people.

Supervisors had their flaws but overall well.
Commerce Casino is not a good place to work.
Buffet Cook (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAFebruary 20, 2014
I'm a cook at Commerce Casino, and I want to resign because it's a very unsafe place to work for cooks, yet the management is very poor. I started working for Commerce Casino as a cook in October of 2013, and it is the worst employment I ever experience in my life.
Cons
most of the time the management didn't want us to take a break their now beening sued.
Productive and interesting place to work.
Manager of Administration (Former Employee) –  Commerce,CAFebruary 12, 2014
Taking care of events scheduled for the Director, keeping logs, managing team, answering busy phones, helping employees & organizing files.

I learned how to manage a team in a fast pace environment.

Management worked as a team.

Co-workers were great to work with.

Closing payroll.

Working in a busy company, never a dull moment.
Pros
free lunches, close to home & interesting people.
Cons
health care cost
Great job to get through college, not as a career though
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Quiet Monotonous. Difficult to stay awake during Graveyard hours A lot of politics and favoritism!! Overall good pay for security, (more than contract) and has benefits. Most of the employees are easy to get along with, but there are a few who like to create problems . Most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to save a persons life with CPR or the AED Machine after they suffer a heart attack or other life threatening situation.
Fire Arms training is exciting and very informative!
Pros
free lunch ( not the best), decent breaks, benefits and 401k match
Cons
time goes slow, lack of upward mobility potential, favoritism and lack of internal transfer opportunity
productive, fast paced, busy, difficult
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CADecember 31, 2013
I worked there for a few years. I started off in a restaurant and transferred to security. it wasn't a good idea since the security department has no control over their employees. they do not know how to treat people. they are judgmental, gossip, harass and lie. supervisors are the same as well. people are labeled, stigmatized and called names. I endured a lot of hard times, harassment and stress while employed there. I also knew a lot of woman and men in other departments that went through the same deal but were to afraid to say. never, in any of my past jobs had I encountered such treatment. not everyone there is like this, there were some nice people with manners who were kind and minded their business and just did their jobs. there were some supervisors I knew in other departments who demonstrated good work ethics and did not take sides and just wanted to resolve matters the right way. also, there were supervisors who dated other workers there and I found that quite unprofessional. also, there were supervisors I worked with in my beginning employment who were snobby and rude, and who gossiped as much as employees. it was just like a soap opera there. even the real high up executives, (some) were rude and talked a lot about people. how sad. still, the casino is a beautiful sight to see, very exciting with karaoke night in the arena, basketball and football game nights as well in the arena, the food in the arena and deli are fantastic. the casino is open 24hours and a lot of the porters and food servers there are the nicest, hard working people you will ever meet. but work  more... wise, for a woman who's even slightly attractive.. she will be talked about because woman there are jealous, especially in the security department and cocktail waitress dept. they are unfriendly and cannot get along with anyone. it's so sad to see people have been run out because they do not want to have to deal with that kind of treatment every day. speaking from personal experience, I do not recommend it. however, that is just my experience, everyone has a different one and may see things from a different and better perspective. with that being said, I can say what I loved about the place was you can always transfer, you can advance, you get all of your benefits and you are taken care of if you are hurt on the job. it's full time and part time there so it's a great establishment if you want the whole package. lots of positions to choose from and it's fun to meet new patrons and employees as long as you keep your personal business to yourself and watch what you say because everyone knows everyone there and they tend to take sides when it comes to an employee they are friends with versus someone new. also, they don't like people who speak up for themselves or make complaints, they just see it as "a problem" instead of seeing an opportunity to do what's right. so be careful and watch your step there. but give it a try...  less
Pros
once a day comp lunch, benefits..
Cons
rude employees, inconsiderate, judgmental supervisors
bad work environment
Safety/Benefits Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CADecember 3, 2013
when new management took over they stripped management employees of their self worth and eliminated positions of all long term employees, regardless of their dedication to the company. i loved working there and being able to help employees with any issues they faced.... but was part of the company wide elimination of older employees