Electrical Control Engineer – Industrial Process Controls
Do you have a proven track record of designing control systems and programming their applications? Do you desire to work for an industry leading Control Systems Integrator that is highly committed to its employees? Are you ready to take a key role in expanding the electrical design expertise of a growing organization? Then this is the job for you!
Position - Project Engineer – Industrial Process Controls
Emphasizing financial strength, stability, and the highest qualified technical professionals, Commerce Controls, Inc. delivers innovative control solutions, outstanding quality, and exceptional value to our clients. With more than 6000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies, we understand our employees make us successful. We strive to create a work environment that is positive and rewarding for our employees; a setting where growth, teamwork, and safety are means to meet the charge of our mission.
We are currently seeking Electrical Controls Engineers for full time positions supporting our Automotive and Industrial Process Group. Ideal candidates should have proven experience designing Industrial Process Control Systems and Automotive Paint Finishing Processes: Phosphate / E-coat Systems, Spray-booths, Bake & Dry-Off Ovens, Body & Parts Washers, Air Supply Houses, Oil Mist & Dust Collection Systems, HVAC, Paint Mix, Abatement systems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Work internally with project managers and externally with customers to design custom turnkey control systems
- Develop electrical hardware design and functionality of control systems
- Develop and design the controls software packages including: Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human/Machine Interfaces (HMI), and/or Personal Computer based systems (PC)
- Develop and design the industrial communications network
- Work closely with CAD designers during development of electrical schematics and detailing
- Specify bill of materials for internal purchasing department
- Work closely with manufacturing during control panel assembly
- Perform all aspects of start-up and commissioning of the control system
- Debug completely the developed and installed software packages
- Ensures all changes and modifications are appropriately documented and noted correctly to secure the acceptance
- Provides Customer training.
- Creates and assembles final documentation
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment.
- Good mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent customer interface skills
- Willingness to work overtime –if project requires
- Willingness to travel – 25% should be expected
Education - Degree preferred, Bachelors EE/EET, Associates EE/EET or equivalent with experience may be substituted.
Experience - 3-5 years in the following areas:
- Hardware / Schematic design
- PLC ladder logic programming, (i.e. Rockwell Automation, Siemens)
- HMI software design (i.e. Rockwell Automation, Siemens)
- Working knowledge of national and international electrical and safety codes and practices.
- Experience in SCADA programming is beneficial (Wonderware, RSView, Citect).
- Experience with AutoCAD is also desired, but not required.
- Experience with the use of standard Office based programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, Power-point, etc.
About Commerce Controls, Inc.
Please visit our website for more information
We offer an excellent benefit package including medical/dental/vision, matching 401(k).
Life and STD Insurance. Voluntary Life, LTD and AFLAC products are also available.