Commerce Mortgage Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Constant Mortgage Loan Sales Goals within Dynamic Interest Rates Market
Mortgage Loan Officer (In Training) (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 14, 2014
Typical day at work started with checking in with Sales Manager and reviewing goals for the day. Then I began addressing priorities in goals list and completing them accordingly and updating Sales Manager where I was with accomplishing goals at the end of the day.

What I learned from Management is the Mortgage Industry is a very difficult industry now due to Government Compliance Regulation which were implemented as the result of the Housing Market Meltdown of 2008, and rightly so. I also learned their are so many people who were unable to get loans due to these new qualifying regulations.

Co-workers worked hard and long to meet sales quotas for this company. I also learned the Mortgage Market can shift within a day or two so there is no job stability in this industry.

The hardest part of the job was trying to study for my Mortgage License while working full time. There was no time due to all the administrative and marketing tasks I managed for my Supervisor.

The most enjoyable part was being able to market and network within the Real Estate Industry.
Pros
set salary and benefits with a promise of future commission payouts
Cons
this industry changed on a dime...when re-fi loans dropped off because of higher interest rates, 37 loan officers including myself were let go immediately.
Best Management and Marketing support I have ever had!
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  DTC Denver, CODecember 11, 2012
I would recommend this company to anyone. I have been in the Mortgage industry for over 25 years and worked in almost every capacity. The management is very supportive and helpful. Everyone is accessible and easy to talk to. Their systems keep you informed at every step of processing. When you need help everyone jumps in and helps. I have never had such great team work behind me.

As an originator this is the first time I have time to go out and market confident my files were being handled. The marketing support is also excellent giving originators something new to talk about besides pricing.

Moving to Bank of Commerce Mortgage was the best decision I could have made and would highly recommend anyone to join the team!
Pros
management, marketing, support staff
Cons
it's the mortgage business!
Not micromanaged and that is what I love about this company
Post Closing/Final Docs Analyst (Current Employee) –  San RamonDecember 11, 2012
I've only been here for 3 months and so far I enjoy coming to work every day. The people here are really nice and management is great! Even though the company has grown they still treat us like we are a family. This job is every thing I hoped for when I was looking for employment. There are times my job can get boring but I try to set goals for myself to motivate me so I can bring the department current. I also do this for management since they are go great to work for. My manager does not micromanage me and I appreciate that. Every day I meet more people and love it. It's good to be back in the mortgage industry as well. Would I recommend Commerce Mortgage, you bet I will. It's a great place to work for and I finally feel like I'm home. Also our CFO comes around off and on and tells us thank you for helping out the company or just to say hi. How many CFO's does that these days? None or very few.
Pros
they provide free lunches. they don't look over your shoulder when working.
Cons
health care is expensive for families.
Great Place to work and I love the employees that I work with.
Loan Officer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 10, 2012
Bank of Commerce Mortgage knows how to take care of their employees. We work as a team to get the job done. We love our borrowers and go the extra mile for them.
Productive, professional, caring environment. They get it done.
Loan officer (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CADecember 10, 2012
I have been a residential loan professional for 25 years and have worked for 8 companies in that time. No other company has demonstrated the level of teamwork and productivity that I see here.

The management team has created an environment that makes loan officers able to perform effectively and on time without burning up other members of the team. All of the teams seem commited to doing the best job possible to close loans ontime and to support that process in any way they can.

The tools made available to support the loan officer and help generate additional business are strong and help build loyal referral relationships.

I feel better supported than I have felt in many years.
Pros
multiple levels of support. great teamwork. marketing tools and systems.
Cons
none at this point.
Helpful, supportive, well organized
Sr. Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CADecember 10, 2012
I have been a Loan Officer since 1992. The last company I worked for had a problem closing loans on time - even on purchase loans, BOCM has a strong determination to close loans on time, especailly when it's a purchase loan! They have people to assist us L/O's, every step of the way. I find them to be helpful, organized and very supportive in all areas. I love it!!
Excellent interpersonal team environment, Supportive leadership and a fun place to work
Compliance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 10, 2012
This is a great place to work if you want to excel at what you do, take direction from great leadership, be a part of an exciting team environment where you are not just an employee number, you are as important as your counterparts. Everyone here loves what they do and strives to get the job done!
Pros
excellent benefits and great morale
Best Company I've had the Pleasure to Work For
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Danville, CADecember 10, 2012
The Executive Team is First Class and will always do what they say they will, if not more. True team environment. I've been associated with several companies through the ups and downs of the industry, and I've found the perfect home here.

Operations, technology, marketing are all One of a Kind!!!
Pros
executive team, operations, technology, marketing
Great work environment!
Post Closing (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 10, 2012
I love BOCM! I have only been here a couple months but I already feel like one of the family. My hours are flexible as long as I work an 8 hour day. I just simply love it here and I look forward to being here a long time.
Productive Workplace
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJuly 20, 2012
All team members are on board for the common goal of getting loans closed and will do whatever it takes to make it happen.
Pros
good energy
Cons
stressful at times
Great family atmoshere. Truly a company that cares about the people
Branch Manager and Senior Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CaJuly 20, 2012
After joining Bank of Commerce Mortgage we found the system and people we were looking for. From the management, to the work force, to the IT department, everyone exhibits a true "Team Spirit".

It is like a breath of fresh air to know that you are an actual person, not just "another number".

Great room for growth. Product is beyond what i had found in the market place. A direct lender who likes to do loans.
The back office rocks. They make me "shine."
Sr. Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  San DiegoJuly 20, 2012
My typical day starts at 6:00am. I send out communication with the “back office” to update them on what “needs to happen” this day. My processors/assistants let me know whether my expectations are realistic or not by 10:00. I love them. I do not know “everything”…but my team makes me look like I do. Should I be missing anything, I am given a complete list upfront. I am comforted by the fact that this company pays “top dollar” to the support staff, so I am insured to have these fabulous women as part of my team for a very long time.
My manager can be reached by phone at any time. He is a “wealth of information” and takes on daily challenges with class and integrity. My favorite aspect of this company is how it reflects my values as a business woman.
Pros
great customer service---i am the customer!

4.8