Commercial Energy Employee Reviews

Go Go Go and never stop
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 7, 2016
In a typical day you will be making numerous cold calls and hold face to face meetings in an attempt to sell natural gas or energy efficiency projects. I learned a lot about the energy and natural gas markets at this company and the training is very beneficial. Some of the management is very fun to work with but there are multiple people to report to causing confusion as to what the ultimate goal is. One may tell you to do one thing that gets you in hot water with another. The co-workers aside management are very fun to work with. The compensation is great and you will be rewarded for your success. Low base high commission position. The hardest part of the job is living with customers paying more than the utility and the low work life balance. The utility's pricing is very low so the ability to sell hedging is a must.
Pros
Good compensation for hard work
Cons
Life work balance, the utility's pricing
Great Company with Innovative Ideas
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Learned to manage turnkey installations and problem solve in the field.
Pros
Green technology
Cons
Long sales cycles
Growth company that is a fun place to work.
Member of the Team (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 1, 2013
I have been working at Commercial Energy full-time for more than 5 years. We are an intense, passionate group that strives to give our customers the best services to fulfill all their energy needs. As a whole we are a team that is a great family with many of the strengths and weaknesses of many families. We are open and accepting of new ideas, but we expect everyone to try to play at the top of their game most of the time. If you are not productive or effective, you will not be encouraged to stay. We all have passion; it burns bright in every one of us. I am excited to say that I love coming to work every day. The passion drives me to try to improve myself, my work, and my company each day. It is fun, it is exciting, it is addictive. Nowadays, passion seems to be lost in many companies as they grow. The culture of success is lost as employees are added and geographic reach expanded. That has not happened here and everyone is motivated to keep building this commitment to excellence and preservation of the founders’ passion. If you want to work for a company that tries as hard as you do, Commercial Energy is a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Pros
Fanatic Passionate The pay is outstanding if you are a solid commited employee.
Cons
Very intense work environment can be overwhelming at the beginning, then it becomes addictive