FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly) $10-$12 per hour
Reports to: MANAGING INVESTIGATOR
Summary: This position is responsible for incoming and outgoing verification calls and data entry required for the day-to-day activities involved in background investigations and general investigations. Duties will be focused on performing background investigation verifications in addition to performing routine office responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Specific Responsibilities:
- Ensure the accurate and timely data entry of information required for the performance of background investigations and general investigations
- Perform verifications of background information via telephone, email, fax and other confidentially acceptable method
- Collect and document information necessary for the accurate and timely performance of background investigations and general investigations
- Assist in background investigation and general investigation report preparation
- Assist the Managing Investigator with investigations in accordance with Company goals and mission
- Performs a select range of standard background investigation inquiries of individuals to obtain character, financial status and personal history
- Conducts interviews and verifications of employment history, education and reference checks
- Maintains quality across all inquiries and investigations for which they are involved
- Follow policies and procedures including applicable investigative protocols and guidance tools
- Provide assistance in enhancing and modifying policies and procedures including applicable investigative protocols and guidance tools
- Ensure inquiry results are prepared in a clear, concise, logical and impartial manner for submission to clients
- Works to improve production and increase the quality of the work directed
- Acts in accordance with Company goals and mission
- Helps the Company maximize revenues, minimize costs and prevent fraud, waste, abuse and mismanagement of our products and vendors
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge and skills required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Requirements: High School Diploma or GED required. Two years of experience in a position involving call center and data entry work. Must be a trustworthy, personable individual with excellent computer and telephone skills. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures involved with this type of work. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Have the ability to work under minimal supervision.
Appearance/Personality/Work Style: Professional with integrity and sound character with no criminal convictions that would prevent the individual from obtaining a private investigator’s license. Excellent communications, observation and time management skills. Upbeat, energetic, takes initiative, dependable, takes pride in work, able to handle stress and have self control, detail oriented, social, critical thinker, organized, and ability to accept responsibility.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.