COMMERCIAL JET Employee Reviews

MRO Services
Sales - Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 20, 2017
Commercial Jet provides turn-key aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for a wide array of commercial and military aircraft. As an independent FAA EASA approved repair station, our customers include scheduled and non-scheduled passenger airlines, cargo operators and leasing companies. Commercial Jet has two large facilities encompassing over half a million square feet, strategically located in South Florida and Alabama - with both facilities capable of supporting multiple heavy maintenance checks simultaneously. Positioned within the industry as a leading provider of responsive, quality and cost effective maintenance solutions, Commercial Jet is your partner for Advanced MRO Solutions.
Not a nice place
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 15, 2017
Place is unbearable, favoritism everywhere. You are treated like a child and can not think for them selves. Micro management everywhere, you are told to shut up and do what your told. Many good people leave, environment is hostile unless you are pals with management. This place is depressing and it depletes the life out of you.
Pros
Cons
management
I learn a lot working there.
Structural Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 21, 2017
Come in get my assignment get my blueprint, grab the tools needed to complete that days task, and start working. as i work throughout the day I kept my work area clean and made sure my tools where put away when I was not using them.
Pros
Worked with great sheet metal people.
Cons
Very hot in summer and very cold in winter.
sheet metal mechanic level 3 Dothan Alabama
Structural Technician (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 12, 2017
absolutely the worst place I have ever worked.management is a very low moral character they paint aircrafts in the hanger with other mechanics working no consideration for employees health and well-being.they are probably only 100 direct employees the rest being contractors with approximately 2,000 contractors in and out in three-plus years some contractors don't even stay a week!
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
leaves have only minimum experience(Leads)
Very productive work place
Receiving Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 16, 2016
I found Commercial Jet to be for professional only. Every job that was assigned was extremely important to get done correctly and the management looked to those people to do their jobs accordingly.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
Trainning was weak
A good way to get your foot in the door of aviation maintenance.
Aircraft Mechanic Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 3, 2016
They are open to hiring people with little or no experience, great work schedule, lead mechanics care about their crews, and their facilities are only 10 minutes from my house.
Good work environment
Avionic Technician (Current Employee) –  MIami Int'l AirportOctober 2, 2016
Manager & Supervisor and leads friendly and respectful
Work under supervision
coworker so friendly and help each other
Pros
Lunch was not pay
Cons
brakes ok
Enjoyable and productive, great co-workers.
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 6, 2016
Sometimes busy and other times slow.

Good management with a lot of patience and willing to teach.

Great co-workers

Lots to learn
Learned a lot on what not to do.
Structural Assembler (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 19, 2016
The only problem with this company is management, your more seasoned leads only been here a total of two years in dying need of a new company to work for.
Poor Culture
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 1, 2016
Very unhappy place. President creates a combative environment. Most people feel threatened. I would not recommend Commercial Jet. The culture is very poor.
Productive work enviroment
Buyer (Current Employee) –  100 Jet Services WaySeptember 23, 2015
Enhanced my purchasing skills processing Repairable items. Enjoy working with co-workers as a team player. Very well maintain hangars and work environment.
A place to learn
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 19, 2015
A job is given to you in the morning you complete the task at hand if you need help someone is there, most of the time to assist
Productive- high intensity environment with very little room for advancement
Aircraft Structural Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hanger 6August 6, 2015
A typical day working for Commercial Jet , we report to our Leads and are assigned a job to do for that day. Management is a huge part of the job that I do, because without proper instruction the Aircrafts would not be built or repaired properly. When our fellow mechanics have questions or in need of help I will do my best to help them. Our Managers Control the outcome of our job. They not only assign our duties, but also do our inspections and sign off on the work that we have done. Making sure that we have done our jobs correctly and within the regards. The Hardest part of my job would be having to figure out how to deal and working with people who do not take pride in the job that they do, therefore not performing there assignment to the best of their ability. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the job would be being able to learn things that I don't already have the knowledge of, and being able to look back on that work and see the progress that I've made.
Pros
being able to dress comfortable and enjoy the atmosphere
Cons
Communication within management, lack of hardware to complete jobs
Professional
-Nice lunch area
-Plenty parking space
Productive work environment
Interior Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALMay 26, 2015
Productive work environment with an awesome work schedule that people would die for. The work hours give you time to spend with your family, as well as; do other things of leisure.
Only if you have to
Aviation Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 29, 2015
There really is nothing positive about working here its a place to get experience and leave because the morale and the quality of the work experience is lacking greatly. Avoid if you Can
Pros
10 hour work days means 72 hours off
Cons
Moral and quality of facility
No mgt support, tools,parts or hardware available.
Structure Tech/Sheet Metal Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 15, 2015
I love what I do but I seem to be spending too much time trying to get what I need to do my job with no support from mgt. The company seems to think they can continue to underpay locals as though we are locked in to only them.
Horroble
Maintenance Coordinator/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FlDecember 15, 2014
Really bad company matters. Employees are treated really bad, no benefits.
Great work envirnoment with a lot of opportunities to learn
AMT I (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 26, 2014
My day starts by meeting with my lead and receiving my assignements (what to check or repair on the plane) for the day. I perform the various duties set for me and my lead has to sign off on them. I submit the paper work and move on to the next task.
The hardest part of my job is the weather, working out in hot and cold temperatures is something I will have to get use to but I am doing so.
The most enjoyable part is working on the airplane, I am so glad I made the decision to quit my state job and go back to school, the risk was definitely worth the reward.
Pros
Being an Aviation Mechanic
Cons
Working out in extreme temperatures
Couldn't say, I was not there long enough to have a apinion!
Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 16, 2014
Received job assignment in the mornings. Proceeded to print out repair manuals to accompany the paper work. Worked on discrepancies per manuals and repaired. Went to call desk to acquire an inspector , to look and buy off work.
Pros
Clean floors and great pay, when on time.
Cons
Management has no patience, when it comes to mechanics with slow learning curves.