About the Company
We are a rapidly growing, high-quality financial services company located in Midtown Manhattan. Our rapid growth has created an excellent career opportunity for an Analyst to join our Credit Risk team.
About the Job
As a Credit Analyst, the candidate will research, process and analyze business loan applications. Job responsibilities include working with Sales officers to obtain borrower information and working with the the Operations team to prepare the loan approval package. In time, the Credit Analyst is expected to sit in the Investment Committee and make recommendations on credit approval. The candidate will:
- Develop financial models and algorithms,
- Examine data for patterns and correlations between portfolio variables,
- Extract data from databases and perform data manipulations,
- Conduct extensive data checks to ensure data quality,
- Manage deployments of our financial software products,
- Transfer industry knowledge into an Automated Underwriting System (AUS)
This is an extremely hybrid job in which the candidate will have exposure to multiple departments within the firm along with a direct exposure to the CEO of the company.
The Credit Department is operationally critical towards completing the goals of the company. The candidate will coordinate the underwriting of loans in an accurate and efficient manner. The nature of the job is time sensitive and requires attention to every detail. Therefore the candidate is expected to be well organized and hard working. In addition, the candidate will apply technical expertise/capabilities to develop efficient financial software solutions. Ability to apply logical thinking and analytical methods to programming is required. The candidates should have these personal attributes:
- Strong ability to work independently.
- Formal training in at least one programming language (VBA (preferred), Matlab (preferred), C,C++, Java)
- Familiarity with statistical languages and packages (R, S-plus, SAS, Minitab, SPSS)
- Basic knowledge of SQL and understanding of relational databases
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel/ VBA, Access, Word and PowerPoint)
Qualified candidates are requested to respond with resume and short cover letter. Salary is in 35k-40k range depending on experience and qualifications.