Commercial Property Management Employee Reviews

Productive, Corporate, Challenging
Senior Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILSeptember 15, 2017
Hold bottom-line responsibility for end-to-end property management functions including: financial and operational liabilities, tenant relations, facility security/maintenance and oversight of services for a diverse range of commercial properties in the Chicagoland area.
What my boss failed to do.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 10, 2017
Professional leadership & good character are essential. Lead by example and encourage others to do the same. A "thank you" with a smile means a lot! Opportunity to advance based on location. Good communication skills are essential. Multiple deadlines throughout the month, and organization skills are essential.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Management had very poor people skills
Excellant company to work for
Tenant Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 20, 2017
This is where I learned to hone my management skills. We managed over 5000 residential properties and 2000 business properties and employed over 50 employee's.
Pros
learning how to better my managemnt skills
Cons
uncooperative tenants.
Horrific!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesDecember 29, 2014
The Management of this company is absolutely a joke. They feed you lies and when you start your job, a complete nightmare! Run as fast as you can!

I was scammed out of my bonus too! I am not worried, keep it, lets see how far it benefits you!

The engineers are the only reason i stayed, I was ready to quit after 2 weeks. I cant believe I even stayed a whole year. Thanks to the special colleagues that made my days a bit easier.
very nice environment to work for.
property manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles CaNovember 21, 2014
A typical day as a property manager is making sure building is clean resolve any special needs for tenants. I've learn the ability to work with staff in solving problems and ability to take directions and functions as part of a team. Management is always there when needed. The hardest part of my job is when having to go to court due legal eviction. What i enjoy the most is that i manage the building that i live in and spend time with my love ones.
Pros
The Company provides me with free utilities.
Cons
no cons
Small Family Owned Business
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 22, 2014
I really enjoyed my time working here. It had a close knit family/team oriented environment with an extremely kind mentoring Controller
Pros
Mentoring team environment
Cons
low pay and benefits
This company is now out of business
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 17, 2013
Small office; small benefits; varied responsibilities; paid overtime; flexibility
Just another place to work
Property manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 28, 2013
Owners allow their personal lives to interfere with business practices.
Cons
compensation
Good company with shared values and goals.
Building Administrator/Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasFebruary 15, 2013
The majority of my day was spent talking, listening and corresponding with the building tenants via email. I Also performed general office duties and assisted the Building Manager in whatever capacity he needed.

I delegated duties to the building engineers, janitorial staff (day and evening shifts), or outside vendors as needed. I always followed up with the tenants as to whether their concerns were taken care of to their satisfaction.

I reviewed, coded and entered payables using Quick Books On-line and sent them on to the corporate office.
I generated the monthly rent invoices and made deposits.

I was responsible for the building access system.
I also was responsible for scheduling the fire drills and recruiting two tenants from each floor to train and become fire wardens.

I made sure tenant and vendor Certificates of Insurance were kept current.

I worked with tenants and contractors on new build-outs and tenant expansions or moves within the building.

I genuinely enjoyed the customer service part of my job. We had a building complex full of very nice tenants who I miss.
Pros
nice atmosphere with friendly, supportive co-workers and very nice tenants.
Cons
reluctance to be trained in more areas, thus being able to learn and take on more responsibilities.

Want to know more about Commercial Property Management?

Ask a question