- Ensure a safe design, delivery, and startup of new equipment by following safety rules and utilizing project delivery safety programs.
- Create user requirements, technical specifications, and vendor evaluations for automation systems.
- Create and approve functional specifications and design documentation.
- Create and execute computer system validation and commissioning and qualification documentation.
- Develop effective testing and change management strategies.
- Provide technical oversight and support the manufacturing operations areas.
- Provide technical project leadership to team for delivery of Pharmaceutical equipment including automation systems and interfacing to reporting, batch, recipe management, and data historian platforms.
- Develop site strategies and roadmaps for platform and infrastructure systems.
- Must have a bachelors degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or related Engineering field
- Must have experience in managing and programming automation applications.
- Must have experience in managing and programming PLC platforms.
- Must have previous experience in Automation Engineering
- Must have experience in a Process Automation or Process Control technical role.
- Experience in utilizing root cause analysis techniques for the systematic solving of problems.
- Experience with IT systems such as servers, routers, networking, and Microsoft OS platforms.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to be able to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Strong computer skills in a variety of software packages (DeltaV, Syncade, MS Office, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to work in a safe manner to ensure the safety of others.
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems and implement solutions.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
- Understand of cGMPs
- Previous experience as an Automation Engineer within the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Travel may be required for work, training, conferences, etc.,
- Required to carry a phone or pager to support design, start up and ongoing operations.
- Position will work around various products.
- Position requires person to be willing and able to be qualified to gown in all areas associated with the process in order to support the qualification and ongoing opportunities.