Common Ground Community Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great place to work the staff and Supervisor's were great , great atmosphere to work
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2014
Loved my job , clocked in had a coffee then read e-mail then of to reading the logs to see if the was an overnight emergency or if anyone the client's needed immediate help. Then by 9 : am meeting with the client for the ILP or going over the housing interview questions........................

All due to a very bad experience myself with a Clinical Director that is no longer work there I would have still be working there I was A Senior CM . I would love to be accepted back into CGC family .I placed many males and to this day must of them are still placed. . I advised anyone to try to work for this company this company is compassionate when it com to the re staff.

I learned a lot and loved to work there Staff was great.
Pros
good perks
Cons
great employment pakage
Ending Homelessness in New York
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2014
The biggest and best non-profit organization in NY when it comes to truly putting forward initiatives to end homelessness.
Fun and enjoyable work place.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 29, 2014
A typical day at work for me is being on time to set up the office with coffee, check emails, voice mail, and review what took place yesterday starting with properties. I have learned to be available to my co-workers and update my skills and taking trainings. The management here is very organized and efficient with managing their staff and great leadership is displayed all the time. My co-workers are easy going and dedicated to their work. I think the hardest part of my job is not being able to reach out to all of our consumers and the most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great supervisor and staff.
Pros
Great health plan and tranist
Cons
No overtime
Gained experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2012
•Maintained Directors Calendar and Schedule meetings
•Submitted and track expenses, process invoices
•Other administrative duties include filing, faxing, copying, petty cash, and ordering of supplies
•Processing of incoming contributions, donations and stock transfers
•Reconciling of contributions, donations and in-kind products
•Managing the development database
•Executing ten mass mailings per year
•Generating four fundraising reports per week
•As a member of Resource Development team, assisting with the planning and implementation of ten special events per year, including an $800,000 Gala
Typical Day
Fitness Attendant (Current Employee) –  Elkhorn, NENovember 11, 2012
On a typical day I will help members use the exercise equipment safely and effectively. You orientations are done with members who are 14 and 15 years old, to make sure they know the rules of the fitness center and can properly use the equipment.

I am also in charge of making sure the fitness center is properly organized. This includes folding towels, wiping down mats, putting weights away, vacuuming and mopping, and other duties.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
part time, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Common Ground Community. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3