Common Ground Health Clinic (CGHC) is a growing Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), which provides comprehensive primary healthcare to individuals and families in the greater New Orleans area, by serving the medically uninsured and under-insured.
Common Ground Health Clinic is seeking a CEO/Executive Director to work closely with its highly-dedicated Board and staff to deliver quality, holistic healthcare services while updating and executing its long-term strategic plan. We are seeking a strong and proven leader to help the Board of Directors set the future path of the organization The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of CGHC, while leading CGHC staff and volunteers. The position provides oversight of the clinic, financial management, and programming and community engagement necessary for the clinic’s sustainability and maintenance of its status as a Patient Centered Medical Home as recognized by the National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA).
The ideal candidate will be mission driven, highly collaborative, capable of providing strong leadership to both the clinic and administrative functions, and have a demonstrated track record working with the Board, providers, staff, community partners, and the community as a whole. The ideal candidate will be able to expand CGHC’s services, seek a new upgraded facility, and add new sites while increasing the service area. Building strong community ties within the greater New Orleans area is important and necessary.
FULL-TIME / PART-TIME: Full-time, 40+ hours per week
POSITION REPORTS TO: CGHC’s Board of Directors
POSITION SUPERVISES: Directly supervise the Medical Director, Chief Financial Officer, and other positions as deemed appropriate.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Lead all phases of operations within the organization
2. Collaborate with and serve as the primary advisor to the Board of Directors
a. Program development, implementation and evaluation
b. Grant writing and management
d. Budgets and financial management
e. Human Resources management
f. Professional development and education of CGHC staff
g. Quality assurance and improvement throughout CGHC
h. Compliance with any grant or FQHC requirement
4. Collaborate with other agencies, medical groups, institutions, and the community as necessary.
5. Facilitate staff, Board of Director, and other meetings as deemed appropriate
6. Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated leader
- Visionary; excellent innovation skills
- Skilled in effective organizational and program management
- Strong time management skills
- Track record in managing operations efficiently and cost effectively
- Ability to oversee the development of new protocols, policies, and procedures
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals and situations, including strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Experience dealing with underserved populations and cultural competency; Spanish language skills are helpful but not essential.
- Ability to understand and respond appropriately, effectively, and sensitively to special population groups served by CGHC. Special population groups include those defined by race, ethnicity, language, age, sex, sexual orientation, economic standing, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work with automated systems, including MS Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other software and applications needed to advance CGHC’s objectives
- Ability to travel for training, collaboration with other organizations and agencies, and other reasons, as deemed appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Master’s degree with healthcare focus is preferred
- An MBA degree a plus
- A minimum of eight (8) years of management experience in a healthcare setting, five (5) of which should be in senior leadership positions
- Administration and management of a non-profit organization
- Experience in health systems management and working with underserved populations preferred
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing community health programs
- Experience in developing and/or updating and executing strategic plans
- Demonstrated experience in collaboratively working with Board(s) of Directors
- None required; however, licenses and/or certifications related to public health, management, finance or other function relevant to this position a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to the email address identified in the below noted instructions, and indicate “[Your Name] / Executive Director” in the Subject Line. For more information, please refer to www.commongroundclinic.org.