Common Ground

Common Ground Employee Reviews

Enjoy working with my co-workers and the public.
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 15, 2015
Pros: Rewarding to be helpful to ppl in need of a home.
Cons: No being able to qualify everyone who needs a home.
I enjoy help low-income families and individuals navigate through the interview and certification process to find affordable housing in New York city.
Fun work place
FIELDWORK OBSERVATIONS (Current Employee), Royal Oak, MIMay 7, 2015
I was an intern here and I enjoyed it. I was there for a year and never experienced any problems. Phones ring a lot and be ready for complete intakes
Atmosphere is very comfortable, the work consist of team work. Common Ground is a good place to work at.
Crisis Specialist (Current Employee), Pontiac, MIApril 10, 2015
Pros: Great in supporting the community in Mental Health Services and offer certificate classes
Cons: Need to see more cultures in higher up positions
I would like to see more opportunity in job advancements.

Overall I think the business is very supportive to the community for mental health services.
Main idea and goal is amazing, but people magement is 50/50
Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Work for good people with good people
Cons: Luck of professionalism and etiquette in management
My day always began with overall observation of building and building systems, making notes of any issues, coming back to office, check and fill up log books for boilers and standpipe system, review all work orders made from yesterday, made priorities, and give some orders to my porters, some of work orders I was doing myself, Check my porters clock-in and clock-out in payroll program, order necessary supplies through the phone or online, doing inventories, if I cannot solve the problem, I reported it to my supervisor and he called trade people. I learned how to deal with different kind of problems and how to do it more efficient and time safe way. Mostly, the management was so-so, because they didn't have experience in the field of facilities management, and it was hardest part of my job. Talking about my porters, I like to work in team and it was very good team of co-workers. We helped each other a lot. The most enjoyable part was recognizing, that tenants, that we were working for appreciated our job.
Nice environment, but no raises, bad benefits
Clinician (Current Employee), Pontiac, MIMarch 5, 2015
Pros: lots of time off
Cons: no raises (basically ever)
Common Ground is actually a pretty nice place to work- our guests are treated respectfully and with dignity, culture is one of respect. The bad part is that there are no raises (basically ever), the health benefits are very costly and cover very little. They offer a lot of time off, which is nice, but the lack of economic compensation is depressing.
N/A
Volunteer Job (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAFebruary 20, 2015
A typical day is helping others, which I love to do. Theres no job hard enough to get completed...Most employees I really have strong loving relationships.
great place to work
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Flint, MIFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: schedule and hours
Cons: n/a
great place to work , Common ground has always worked with me on any needs for time off and the manger and team leader have always listen to my concerns and are welling to lead me in the right direction when needed or asked as well as co-workers .
productive environment
Case Manager (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 7, 2015
processing charts. Meeting with clients on a one on one basis. Being able to assess client's condition. following up with client's treatment goals. Also being able to conduct home visits on a bi-weekly basis
Learning basic company format: Internship
Volunteer (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: for being an intern, got paid and also got to meet and interact with different other organizations in the community
Cons: the postion was only for limited of time
While being within the Internship program; it allowed to learn the basic format to which a company/Non-Profit Foundation is operated. Also, by being placed as an Intern; I got to experience each section of the company, like outreach and also the receptionist area...
great pay no job security
Recovery Coach (Former Employee), Pontiac, MINovember 29, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no breaks, no union, no protection, back stabbers, two faced
It's great pay for sure, but don't get too comfortable because a lie will get you fired. Employees feel under appreciated and miserable. Like they have a target on their back. So much drama and heresay.
good
Quality Improvement Specialist (Current Employee), Bloomfield Hills, MIOctober 13, 2014
good people. Leadership team needs to change. There are good and bad aspects.
Educated on HR
Office Manager (Current Employee), Montrose, NYAugust 29, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: hours
Working with the veterans. Learning the rule of intake coordinator. was getting to work when it snowed.
Productive work place with amazing staff
Case Manager (Former Employee), Jamiaca, NYAugust 28, 2014
Pros: work was rewarding
My time with Common Ground was enjoyable. Working with the chronically homeless population was extremely rewarding. A typical day included meeting with clients, producing psychosocials, meeting with mental and physical health care professionals in an effort to advocate for clients, completing case notes and facilitating group workshops.
Great
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 26, 2014
Pros: benefits are good
Cons: hardly no breaks due to work
My position is a very busy one. I come in at 8:30am and start working on reports, bills, and workers time sheets, police reports is there any accidents with company cars etc. My job is very busy as manager and i love what i do. After all my job is amazing and personal as well.
Good place to work.
Residential Specialist (Former Employee), Royal Oak MIJune 23, 2014
I enjoyed my time at common ground. We did a valuable job for the youth we served.
Great Learning/ Teaching Experience
Counselor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2014
I WORKED in a homeless shelter for and with men who were gay and/or transsexual and who were HIV/AIDS infected. My job was to communicate to them that their present status did not define the rest of their lives. In addition, to sharing that they were still a part of God's love.
I also worked with the facility as a fund raiser. My experiences with the men of CG made me wiser in that homosexuality doesn't separate God's love from Gay men nor does it separate a Gay man's love for God.
My typical day included counseling: assistin the men with resolutions in their lives via listening and assisting them with insight to their problems.
This job helped me realized and assisted in me learning that our circumstances does not separate us from God.
I love working in this place
Case Manager (Current Employee), 197 Bowery NY NY 10002April 1, 2014
I meet with Client every day, What I learned so far is working with different people with many problems and moving them forward. Management has turned over more that the front line staff, the change has caused a lot of problems for clients and staff, it has gotten better and thing have changed for the better in many area's. I love my co-workers because although we are on different teams the support level is great and the sense of family and team are reflected here. Also our different personallities make up a great office to work in. No being fully supported by upper mgt. is the hardest part of my job. The best part of my job is moving clients forward and them getting there own apt.
A great job with no benifit's
Builder/ working Superintendant (Former Employee), Kaua‘i, HIMarch 22, 2014
Pros: oppertunity to fabricate and build many great project's
Cons: no benefits or security
I loved this job as I was able to build and fabricate everything from scratch . Door's, Window's / Restaurant Remodel / Market Remodel / Warehouse Remodel & Media Center . 8 Yurt's compete and numerous other project's from start to finish and building maintenance on the farm and the owner's other property's including personal residence.
Self accomplishment
Peer Mentor (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIFebruary 19, 2014
A fun job, with many opportunities to advance within the company. If you love helping people, this is for you.
Fun, innovative and supportive
Contract Consultant (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: classes, programs, food assistance, linkage to resources
Cons: didn't learn about this agency sooner!
I worked with Common Ground for a short project, but had a phenomenal opportunity to meet some great people there. You can tell the staff are passionate about what they do and the people they serve.