Common Ground

Common Ground Employer Reviews

great pay no job security
Recovery Coach (Former Employee), Pontiac, MINovember 29, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no breaks, no union, no protection, back stabbers, two faced
It's great pay for sure, but don't get too comfortable because a lie will get you fired. Employees feel under appreciated and miserable. Like they have a target on their back. So much drama and heresay.
good
Quality Improvement Specialist (Current Employee), Bloomfield Hills, MIOctober 13, 2014
good people. Leadership team needs to change. There are good and bad aspects.
Educated on HR
Office Manager (Current Employee), Montrose, NYAugust 29, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: hours
Working with the veterans. Learning the rule of intake coordinator. was getting to work when it snowed.
Productive work place with amazing staff
Case Manager (Former Employee), Jamiaca, NYAugust 28, 2014
Pros: work was rewarding
My time with Common Ground was enjoyable. Working with the chronically homeless population was extremely rewarding. A typical day included meeting with clients, producing psychosocials, meeting with mental and physical health care professionals in an effort to advocate for clients, completing case notes and facilitating group workshops.
Great
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 26, 2014
Pros: benefits are good
Cons: hardly no breaks due to work
My position is a very busy one. I come in at 8:30am and start working on reports, bills, and workers time sheets, police reports is there any accidents with company cars etc. My job is very busy as manager and i love what i do. After all my job is amazing and personal as well.
Good place to work.
Residential Specialist (Former Employee), Royal Oak MIJune 23, 2014
I enjoyed my time at common ground. We did a valuable job for the youth we served.
Great Learning/ Teaching Experience
Counselor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2014
I WORKED in a homeless shelter for and with men who were gay and/or transsexual and who were HIV/AIDS infected. My job was to communicate to them that their present status did not define the rest of their lives. In addition, to sharing that they were still a part of God's love.
I also worked with the facility as a fund raiser. My experiences with the – more... men of CG made me wiser in that homosexuality doesn't separate God's love from Gay men nor does it separate a Gay man's love for God.
My typical day included counseling: assistin the men with resolutions in their lives via listening and assisting them with insight to their problems.
This job helped me realized and assisted in me learning that our circumstances does not separate us from God. – less
I love working in this place
Case Manager (Current Employee), 197 Bowery NY NY 10002April 1, 2014
I meet with Client every day, What I learned so far is working with different people with many problems and moving them forward. Management has turned over more that the front line staff, the change has caused a lot of problems for clients and staff, it has gotten better and thing have changed for the better in many area's. I love my co-workers because – more... although we are on different teams the support level is great and the sense of family and team are reflected here. Also our different personallities make up a great office to work in. No being fully supported by upper mgt. is the hardest part of my job. The best part of my job is moving clients forward and them getting there own apt. – less
A great job with no benifit's
Builder/ working Superintendant (Former Employee), Kaua‘i, HIMarch 22, 2014
Pros: oppertunity to fabricate and build many great project's
Cons: no benefits or security
I loved this job as I was able to build and fabricate everything from scratch . Door's, Window's / Restaurant Remodel / Market Remodel / Warehouse Remodel & Media Center . 8 Yurt's compete and numerous other project's from start to finish and building maintenance on the farm and the owner's other property's including personal residence.
Self accomplishment
Peer Mentor (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIFebruary 19, 2014
A fun job, with many opportunities to advance within the company. If you love helping people, this is for you.
Fun, innovative and supportive
Contract Consultant (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: classes, programs, food assistance, linkage to resources
Cons: didn't learn about this agency sooner!
I worked with Common Ground for a short project, but had a phenomenal opportunity to meet some great people there. You can tell the staff are passionate about what they do and the people they serve.
active workplace
Residential Aide/Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: work keeps you on toes
Cons: residents can be a hand full
dealing with residents who many times are unstable work place hectic all the time
Great company to work for. Great food at staff meetings.
S2H (Current Employee), NYCDecember 2, 2013
Pros: boat ride.
Cons: management
Great company to work for. Everyone puts a great amount of hard work. I feel that upper management can do a better job.
liberal fun place to work and easy to advance
Porter (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 15, 2013
Pros: competitive pay, health care and pension plans
On a typical day i would arrive at work with co-workers at 8am to perform daily tasks such as sweeping to mopping floors washing windows and trash removal. Occasionally clean bail machine for trash and recycle garbage pick up
Great Organization
Intern - Youth Counselor (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MISeptember 25, 2013
Pros: experience in what i would like to be doing with my life.
Cons: there weren't any.
This company was probably one of the best things that I experienced this summer. All of the people that I worked with were extraordinary loving people. The kids that we counseled/mentored were sometimes a hand full but I believe if your job isn't challenging then it can't be rewarding at the end of the day.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 17, 2013
Worked as an admin for an outreach program. This was an incredible experience learned alot.
Challenging yet rewarding
Residential Aide (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYJuly 2, 2013
As a Residential Aide at JSH, one's work is never done, but seeing the men and women come indoors, get their lives together and move on into permanent housing is by far one of the most professionally satisfying experiences in the world!
Friendly office setting
Prevention Advocate Specialist (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJune 14, 2013
Pros: we often had lunch provided
Cons: health care
I worked in the office and also worked in the field.
I learned about risked reduction.
friendly staff
very pleasant work environment
Nice place to work
N/A (Former Employee), 505May 16, 2013
Pros: nice place to work and learn
Cons: current cfo-
Good place to gain experience and then move on. The current CFO is responsible for the fuzziness of his department. Fearful of seeming exclusionary or, on the other end of the spectrum, he is determined to put people on the team for purely personal reasons. This current "cfo" has created a dysfunctional department. He refuses to recognize the talent – more... in his department. – less
Nice place to work!
Psychiatric Assessment Nurse (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: good working atmosphere.
Cons: poor hourly wage.
Common Ground is a nice place to work. Employees are friendly and the supervision is good.