Common Ground Employee Reviews

alright
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIApril 4, 2017
Ok place to work. Other employees are what make the job difficult. Job consists of registering consumers as they come into common ground. The company is good to work for as long as theres a distance kept from the other employees.
fun place to work, good employees,
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 14, 2017
A typical day at work. I come in, clock in first. Look and see how much work i got and get to work. After i get done i ask my manager do he need any help, if so ill help or if not i just clean up.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
very rewarding
House Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2017
Common Ground was very rewarding and i gained self gratification each and every time i helped any resident or made a difference
Amazing experience
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIFebruary 4, 2017
I loved every minute of this job. I enjoyed going home every night knowing I made a difference. This isn't just a Job, it's a way of impacting and helping those in need.
Pros
Experience for those who are looking to help others
Good Opportunity
Senior youth specialist (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIAugust 31, 2016
Common Ground was a good opportunity to learn and hone skills in that of community engagement, case management, and working along people of diverse backgrounds.
A Good Place to Start-Out
Intake and Compliance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2016
Fulfilling work and great coworkers. A lot of recent grads work here, so if you're later in your career this probably isn't the best place. The pay is way too low and the office politics/level of micro-managing are pretty bad. There is, however, a lot of turnover so there's opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Coworkers, Mission-Based Work
Cons
Pay, Office Politics
fast paced hustle.
Line cook/Barista (Current Employee) –  Baxley, GAMarch 29, 2016
coworkers are the best. great team. cozy atmosphere.great food regular client base. fast paced small town eatery with casual atmosphere that's laid back and friendly.
Pros
free lunch, close nit
Helping hands
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHMarch 11, 2016
My expierience here is wonderful because I love helping others and feeling useful.... Having conversations with people and maybe making them feel better that day because they are the only one who know how hard is the life they are facing they by day
Relaxed, supportive environment
Crisis Counselor (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 27, 2016
Outstanding opportunities for learning and growth. Support from staff, peers and community. Provided education, support and follow-up.
Using my ability to counsel as well as my nursing background to assist clients in their decision for treatment. Very fast paced,
LPN (Former Employee) –  N. Front Street Harrisburg, PAJanuary 26, 2016
Medication administration, monitoring phone calls for referral, occasional set up funding. Hardest part of the job really depended on the shift . 2nd shift had the majority of admissions, mainly due to the nature of the addiction disease process, management was helpful and caring, Co-workers were great, however, there is always a few that aren't as helpful as they could be. The most difficult was the fast pace and meeting deadlines. The best part was watching a client go from a messed up addict to being free from drugs and beginning to learn about themselves, some wonderful transformations.
My Time With Common Ground
Housing Advocate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2016
At this position I secured identification, entitlements, and ultimately permanent housing for approximately twenty chronically homeless individuals.
An establishment that is geared to helping those in need of assistance; whether big or small
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 8, 2016
A hard day at work is basically a typical day; however, it is worth every sweat and aches. I have learned to appreciate where I work at and the people I work with day to day because we make any situation less stressing; even when it's not. From management, security, and the tenants; you take the bitterness from a hard days at work and turn it around to sweet remembrance of the contribution you put in.
Pros
All the perks
Cons
Garbage duty
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2016
The Director in 197 Bowery excellent but she always side with assist director of facilities and security he do not believe in write up just straight up termination
Pros
Being able to give resident a good time for holidays
Cons
When worker is to get fire no write just straight termination
Fairly new and learning enviornment
Maintenance Worker NYC NY (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2015
each day has it's own challenge. Patience I learned with residence and co-workers. Upper management needs more training, working harder for slackers.
Pros
flexible times
Cons
excuse makers, slackers
Awesome Place
Social Media & Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIDecember 2, 2015
Common Ground is an amazing place to work. Honorable mission and friendly/helpful staff. Your opinion is taken seriously and they enjoy thinking about new ways to do the work.
Fast-paced environment
Communications (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 25, 2015
The people are friendly, and make it very easy for you to come to any of them for questions/advice. The people there are really passionate about the work they do and what the company stands for.
Because the organization is small and has a lot of work, budget and personnel is always an issue and as such, they heavily rely on their interns.
The people you end up with will determine your experience there.
Pros
Great people, great learning opportunity.
Cons
Management is pretty hectic, and they always remind you that they need money.
House Manager
Residential Aide/ House Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 18, 2015
• Facilitated groups on harm reduction, company rules, regulations, money management, upcoming events, meal schedules, and open topic discussion groups for clients in the facility.
• Monitored client census by using the Daily Movement Report and recording admissions, discharges, doctor appointments and site visit data.
• Prepared shift reports on all activity that occurred during a shift to management.
• Recorded client information on special flow sheets, accurately indicating suicidal precautions, sleep flow and restraints.
• Observed and monitored client behavior and responses to treatment.
• Provided comprehensive case management services, including creating treatment plans and connecting clients and families to appropriate resources
• Organized clinical interventions and treatment plans for patients suffering from chronic disorders.
Pros
Occasional Staff trips
Cons
Poor communications between staff members and the HR dept.
Enjoy working with my co-workers and the public.
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2015
I enjoy help low-income families and individuals navigate through the interview and certification process to find affordable housing in New York city.
Pros
Rewarding to be helpful to ppl in need of a home.
Cons
No being able to qualify everyone who needs a home.
Fun work place
FIELDWORK OBSERVATIONS (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIMay 7, 2015
I was an intern here and I enjoyed it. I was there for a year and never experienced any problems. Phones ring a lot and be ready for complete intakes
Atmosphere is very comfortable, the work consist of team work. Common Ground is a good place to work at.
Crisis Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIApril 10, 2015
I would like to see more opportunity in job advancements.

Overall I think the business is very supportive to the community for mental health services.
Pros
Great in supporting the community in Mental Health Services and offer certificate classes
Cons
Need to see more cultures in higher up positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Common Ground. Our community is ready to answer.