Common Ground

Common Ground Employer Reviews

Great Learning/ Teaching Experience
Counselor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2014
I WORKED in a homeless shelter for and with men who were gay and/or transsexual and who were HIV/AIDS infected. My job was to communicate to them that their present status did not define the rest of their lives. In addition, to sharing that they were still a part of God's love.
I also worked with the facility as a fund raiser. My experiences with the – more... men of CG made me wiser in that homosexuality doesn't separate God's love from Gay men nor does it separate a Gay man's love for God.
My typical day included counseling: assistin the men with resolutions in their lives via listening and assisting them with insight to their problems.
This job helped me realized and assisted in me learning that our circumstances does not separate us from God. – less
I love working in this place
Case Manager (Current Employee), 197 Bowery NY NY 10002April 1, 2014
I meet with Client every day, What I learned so far is working with different people with many problems and moving them forward. Management has turned over more that the front line staff, the change has caused a lot of problems for clients and staff, it has gotten better and thing have changed for the better in many area's. I love my co-workers because – more... although we are on different teams the support level is great and the sense of family and team are reflected here. Also our different personallities make up a great office to work in. No being fully supported by upper mgt. is the hardest part of my job. The best part of my job is moving clients forward and them getting there own apt. – less
A great job with no benifit's
Builder/ working Superintendant (Former Employee), Kaua‘i, HIMarch 22, 2014
Pros: oppertunity to fabricate and build many great project's
Cons: no benefits or security
I loved this job as I was able to build and fabricate everything from scratch . Door's, Window's / Restaurant Remodel / Market Remodel / Warehouse Remodel & Media Center . 8 Yurt's compete and numerous other project's from start to finish and building maintenance on the farm and the owner's other property's including personal residence.
Self accomplishment
Peer Mentor (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIFebruary 19, 2014
A fun job, with many opportunities to advance within the company. If you love helping people, this is for you.
Fun, innovative and supportive
Contract Consultant (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: classes, programs, food assistance, linkage to resources
Cons: didn't learn about this agency sooner!
I worked with Common Ground for a short project, but had a phenomenal opportunity to meet some great people there. You can tell the staff are passionate about what they do and the people they serve.
active workplace
Residential Aide/Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: work keeps you on toes
Cons: residents can be a hand full
dealing with residents who many times are unstable work place hectic all the time
Great company to work for. Great food at staff meetings.
S2H (Current Employee), NYCDecember 2, 2013
Pros: boat ride.
Cons: management
Great company to work for. Everyone puts a great amount of hard work. I feel that upper management can do a better job.
liberal fun place to work and easy to advance
Porter (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 15, 2013
Pros: competitive pay, health care and pension plans
On a typical day i would arrive at work with co-workers at 8am to perform daily tasks such as sweeping to mopping floors washing windows and trash removal. Occasionally clean bail machine for trash and recycle garbage pick up
Great Organization
Intern - Youth Counselor (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MISeptember 25, 2013
Pros: experience in what i would like to be doing with my life.
Cons: there weren't any.
This company was probably one of the best things that I experienced this summer. All of the people that I worked with were extraordinary loving people. The kids that we counseled/mentored were sometimes a hand full but I believe if your job isn't challenging then it can't be rewarding at the end of the day.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 17, 2013
Worked as an admin for an outreach program. This was an incredible experience learned alot.
Challenging yet rewarding
Residential Aide (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYJuly 2, 2013
As a Residential Aide at JSH, one's work is never done, but seeing the men and women come indoors, get their lives together and move on into permanent housing is by far one of the most professionally satisfying experiences in the world!
Friendly office setting
Prevention Advocate Specialist (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJune 14, 2013
Pros: we often had lunch provided
Cons: health care
I worked in the office and also worked in the field.
I learned about risked reduction.
friendly staff
very pleasant work environment
Nice place to work
N/A (Former Employee), 505May 16, 2013
Pros: nice place to work and learn
Cons: current cfo-
Good place to gain experience and then move on. The current CFO is responsible for the fuzziness of his department. Fearful of seeming exclusionary or, on the other end of the spectrum, he is determined to put people on the team for purely personal reasons. This current "cfo" has created a dysfunctional department. He refuses to recognize the talent – more... in his department. – less
Nice place to work!
Psychiatric Assessment Nurse (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: good working atmosphere.
Cons: poor hourly wage.
Common Ground is a nice place to work. Employees are friendly and the supervision is good.
Meaningful and exciting workplace
Residential Aide (Current Employee), Montrose, NYFebruary 20, 2013
• Performing urine and alcohol screenings of residents, performing accurate testing and analysis
• Responsible for the record keeping, data input, and follow-up procedures related to screenings
• Scheduling and safe transporting of campus residents
• Transporting meals to residents throughout the building
• Responsible for the safety and comfort of – more... residents while in transit – less
about my job
Transport Aide (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 21, 2012
i'm a leader at the place
i work with many people and i learn from them
i learn how to work with people, no matter attitude you may have
is it fun
Carpenter (Former Employee), Duluth, MNOctober 23, 2012
It was a great experience, I am very thankful to be a asset to the company.
Opportunity for growth and wellness in all aspects of life.
Addiction & Recovery Specialist (Current Employee), Oberlin, OHJune 8, 2012
This is an awsome environment excellent staff and enjoy working along side my co-workers.
Hard Work, with great results
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 11, 2012
Pros: friendly "family like" staff setting
Cons: difficult population
I have a case load of 14 elderly, previously homeless, mentally ill tenants. I keep contact with them weekly and assist them with their immediate needs. Some in fact have major health issues and abuse drugs/alcohol. I have learned that this can be very challenging but the results are rewarding. Management at my job provide the necessary support and – more... insure that my job is done accordingly. My co-workers are also very supportive and lend a hand as much as they can. – less
Overall during my working career ecah organization was a learning and growing experince.
Case Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 8, 2012
Pros: great places to learn and grow as a team
Cons: spreading thin
Coming into work at 8:45 and having clients greet you with a smile of fear and anxiousness started my day with a passion and purpose that by COB these clients were going home with a sense of relief.

In Social Service industry I learned that it does not matter what is your job title, there is no limitation in assisting a client or pulling together as – more... a teame to accomplish a goal.

My experience with management in my previous work history were educational and life changing. Dealing with multiple supervisors thought me how to become flexible and learn each management style rapidly in order to succeed the organizations objectives and goals.

Working with co-workers has always been a great experience. I came across so many different personalities and learned how a group a people can have so many different skills and ideas that ultimately develop into achieving a common goal.

Working as a team is the most enjoyable part of a job; however, at times it can become a difficult task because one can spread themselves thin. – less