Common Ground Employee Reviews in United States

Helping hands
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHMarch 11, 2016
My expierience here is wonderful because I love helping others and feeling useful.... Having conversations with people and maybe making them feel better that day because they are the only one who know how hard is the life they are facing they by day
Relaxed, supportive environment
Crisis Counselor (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 27, 2016
Outstanding opportunities for learning and growth. Support from staff, peers and community. Provided education, support and follow-up.
Using my ability to counsel as well as my nursing background to assist clients in their decision for treatment. Very fast paced,
LPN (Former Employee) –  N. Front Street Harrisburg, PAJanuary 26, 2016
Medication administration, monitoring phone calls for referral, occasional set up funding. Hardest part of the job really depended on the shift . 2nd shift had the majority of admissions, mainly due to the nature of the addiction disease process, management was helpful and caring, Co-workers were great, however, there is always a few that aren't as helpful as they could be. The most difficult was the fast pace and meeting deadlines. The best part was watching a client go from a messed up addict to being free from drugs and beginning to learn about themselves, some wonderful transformations.
My Time With Common Ground
Housing Advocate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2016
At this position I secured identification, entitlements, and ultimately permanent housing for approximately twenty chronically homeless individuals.
An establishment that is geared to helping those in need of assistance; whether big or small
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 8, 2016
A hard day at work is basically a typical day; however, it is worth every sweat and aches. I have learned to appreciate where I work at and the people I work with day to day because we make any situation less stressing; even when it's not. From management, security, and the tenants; you take the bitterness from a hard days at work and turn it around to sweet remembrance of the contribution you put in.
Pros
All the perks
Cons
Garbage duty
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2016
The Director in 197 Bowery excellent but she always side with assist director of facilities and security he do not believe in write up just straight up termination
Pros
Being able to give resident a good time for holidays
Cons
When worker is to get fire no write just straight termination
Fairly new and learning enviornment
Maintenance Worker NYC NY (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2015
each day has it's own challenge. Patience I learned with residence and co-workers. Upper management needs more training, working harder for slackers.
Pros
flexible times
Cons
excuse makers, slackers
Awesome Place
Social Media & Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIDecember 2, 2015
Common Ground is an amazing place to work. Honorable mission and friendly/helpful staff. Your opinion is taken seriously and they enjoy thinking about new ways to do the work.
Fast-paced environment
Communications (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 25, 2015
The people are friendly, and make it very easy for you to come to any of them for questions/advice. The people there are really passionate about the work they do and what the company stands for.
Because the organization is small and has a lot of work, budget and personnel is always an issue and as such, they heavily rely on their interns.
The people you end up with will determine your experience there.
Pros
Great people, great learning opportunity.
Cons
Management is pretty hectic, and they always remind you that they need money.
House Manager
Residential Aide/ House Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 18, 2015
• Facilitated groups on harm reduction, company rules, regulations, money management, upcoming events, meal schedules, and open topic discussion groups for clients in the facility.
• Monitored client census by using the Daily Movement Report and recording admissions, discharges, doctor appointments and site visit data.
• Prepared shift reports on all activity that occurred during a shift to management.
• Recorded client information on special flow sheets, accurately indicating suicidal precautions, sleep flow and restraints.
• Observed and monitored client behavior and responses to treatment.
• Provided comprehensive case management services, including creating treatment plans and connecting clients and families to appropriate resources
• Organized clinical interventions and treatment plans for patients suffering from chronic disorders.
Pros
Occasional Staff trips
Cons
Poor communications between staff members and the HR dept.
Enjoy working with my co-workers and the public.
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2015
I enjoy help low-income families and individuals navigate through the interview and certification process to find affordable housing in New York city.
Pros
Rewarding to be helpful to ppl in need of a home.
Cons
No being able to qualify everyone who needs a home.
Fun work place
FIELDWORK OBSERVATIONS (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIMay 7, 2015
I was an intern here and I enjoyed it. I was there for a year and never experienced any problems. Phones ring a lot and be ready for complete intakes
Atmosphere is very comfortable, the work consist of team work. Common Ground is a good place to work at.
Crisis Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIApril 10, 2015
I would like to see more opportunity in job advancements.

Overall I think the business is very supportive to the community for mental health services.
Pros
Great in supporting the community in Mental Health Services and offer certificate classes
Cons
Need to see more cultures in higher up positions
Main idea and goal is amazing, but people magement is 50/50
Maintenance Mechanic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2015
My day always began with overall observation of building and building systems, making notes of any issues, coming back to office, check and fill up log books for boilers and standpipe system, review all work orders made from yesterday, made priorities, and give some orders to my porters, some of work orders I was doing myself, Check my porters clock-in and clock-out in payroll program, order necessary supplies through the phone or online, doing inventories, if I cannot solve the problem, I reported it to my supervisor and he called trade people. I learned how to deal with different kind of problems and how to do it more efficient and time safe way. Mostly, the management was so-so, because they didn't have experience in the field of facilities management, and it was hardest part of my job. Talking about my porters, I like to work in team and it was very good team of co-workers. We helped each other a lot. The most enjoyable part was recognizing, that tenants, that we were working for appreciated our job.
Pros
Work for good people with good people
Cons
Luck of professionalism and etiquette in management
Nice environment, but no raises, bad benefits
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMarch 5, 2015
Common Ground is actually a pretty nice place to work- our guests are treated respectfully and with dignity, culture is one of respect. The bad part is that there are no raises (basically ever), the health benefits are very costly and cover very little. They offer a lot of time off, which is nice, but the lack of economic compensation is depressing.
Pros
lots of time off
Cons
no raises (basically ever)
great place to work
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 20, 2015
great place to work , Common ground has always worked with me on any needs for time off and the manger and team leader have always listen to my concerns and are welling to lead me in the right direction when needed or asked as well as co-workers .
Pros
schedule and hours
Cons
n/a
productive environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 7, 2015
processing charts. Meeting with clients on a one on one basis. Being able to assess client's condition. following up with client's treatment goals. Also being able to conduct home visits on a bi-weekly basis
Learning basic company format: Internship
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 2, 2014
While being within the Internship program; it allowed to learn the basic format to which a company/Non-Profit Foundation is operated. Also, by being placed as an Intern; I got to experience each section of the company, like outreach and also the receptionist area...
Pros
for being an intern, got paid and also got to meet and interact with different other organizations in the community
Cons
the postion was only for limited of time
great pay no job security
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MINovember 29, 2014
It's great pay for sure, but don't get too comfortable because a lie will get you fired. Employees feel under appreciated and miserable. Like they have a target on their back. So much drama and heresay.
Pros
pay
Cons
no breaks, no union, no protection, back stabbers, two faced
good
Quality Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIOctober 13, 2014
good people. Leadership team needs to change. There are good and bad aspects.