COMMUNICATIONS AND BRAND COORDINATOR
Common Roots Cafe and Catering is a mission-minded business that serves high-quality food made from scratch using local & organic ingredients. We were founded in 2007 to serve as a community meeting place where everyone can enjoy local food made with care using ingredients grown and raised by people we know.
We work to increase support to local farmers and producers and reduce our environmental impact. Our restaurant has a monthly changing menu, featuring our take on seasonal classics, 10 local beers on tap and an in-house bakery making everything from bagels and bread to sweet treats. Our catering operation serves a wide array of clients, from corporate events to weddings, and provides made-from-scratch fare, full bar options and composting services.
We are currently seeking a Communications and Brand Coordinator to join our team. In this role, you will work with both the cafe and catering sides of the business to manage our external communications, ensure brand consistency, and increase sales. This is a new position for our company, and an increasingly critical role as we continue to grow our business.
– Develop and execute a communications plan. You will build on our existing communication channels, including social media, e-marketing, website and paid advertising to create an integrated and strategic communications plan. You will be responsible for regular content development to keep our feeds fresh and our customers informed and excited about our offerings and happenings.
– Brand management and design services. Using our existing brand, you will create collateral for both the cafe and catering to ensure that all signage, labels, promotional materials and communications are consistent and polished.
– Lead direct marketing efforts. Our relationships with our customers and clients are critical and an important part of our success. Working with our Catering Sales staff and cafe managers, you will plan and lead campaigns to reach out to new and existing customers.
– Promote special events. As a community meeting place, we often have special events featuring farmers, brewers and other producers, as well as fundraisers and special dining opportunities. You will work with cafe managers to increase attendance and promote the events.
– Other opportunities as identified. The ideal candidate for this position will be willing to pitch in to additional tasks and identify other opportunities for marketing and promotion.
– At least 2 years experience in marketing/communications in a for-profit or non-profit setting.
The ideal candidate will have had at least some background with/ exposure to many of the following:
social media management, including twitter and Facebook
beginner to intermediate graphic design, and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
email marketing software
web content management
keyword and pay-per-click online advertising
direct marketing and outreach
– Restaurant/ hospitality experience is not required, but a passion for local food and knowledge of the Twin Cities food and brewing scene is a definite plus
– Proven ability to work independently, develop a plan and advocate for your ideas
– Very strong written and oral communication skills
– A solid track record of developing creative ideas to maximize the impact of a marketing budget and evaluating campaigns based on metrics
– Availability to work some nights and weekends as events require
This is a full-time position, reporting directly to our leadership team. We are looking for a candidate who will grow with the position and act as a key manager that supports the work of the company. Benefits include paid time off, healthcare, and delicious local food and fair-trade coffee daily. Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please respond with a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements