Commonwealth Bank Employee Reviews

Good job for someone that likes customer service
Vault Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 28, 2016
Enjoyed working with customers and met nice people. Very competitive company which likes cross sells. Good hours. Dress down days, events, not much training though.
Excellent work place and benefits
SPECIAL CREDIT OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Freeport, BahamasNovember 30, 2015
Commonwealth Bank is an excellent company to work for with excellent benefits. Management is very supportive and always shows apperciation. I have learned a how to organize my day, time management, accounting, cash handling, adminstration, customer service, assisting customer in problem solving and legal. I truly enjoy my job and co workers. The hardest part is not being able to assist a customer the way I would like to, the most enjoyable part is being able to assist the customer and putting a smile on they faces. I am recolating back to the USA that's the reason why am leaving.
Local Bank
Customer Service Representative/Vault teller (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KySeptember 29, 2015
I have worked at CommonWealth Bank & Trust for a little over 10 years. I started out as a floating teller meaning that I worked at different branches on an as needed basis.
I started at my home branch about 9 years ago as the vault teller and about 6 years later also took on the position of CSR at the request of my manager.
I had the privilege of working with and training a group of new tellers over the years and was able to see them graduate from college and move into other positions and grow professionally.
The hardest part of my job there was making sure customer service didn't suffer when the bank cut back on staff.
The most enjoyable part was the satisfaction that I received from that job and knowing that I did it to the best of my ability everyday.
Pros
Free checking and most weekends off
Cons
The recent change of management and the extreme pressure to sell bank products.
Productive and Challenging Environment
Fulltime Employee (Current Employee) –  SydneyAugust 29, 2015
Nice place to work,Challenging, Extremely competative, allows for flexibility.
Pros
Large organisation means there are lots of internal opportunities , Good training benefits Good general staff benefits schemes Fairly flexible depnding on the role.

Cons
Subjective performance reviews Politics drives upward career progression Hard to remove poor performers Management not incentivised to perform beyond the short term.
Lower than Market Rate salary unless you negotiate Hard.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lower than Market Rate salary.
Slow paced branch
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Souderton, PAMay 7, 2015
Pleasant working conditions but a very slow pace. Manager was new to her position and not very motivated. The staff was pleasant and provided excellent customer service.
Data Entry
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Chermside, QLDSeptember 16, 2014
Data entry operator
banking
very nice people
working until 2am
the income
Pros
income
Cons
working late
Nice place
Database/Applications Administrator (Former Employee) –  NassauAugust 19, 2014
Good benefits, good work/life balance. A great place to get your feet wet in IT.
Great company with great people
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2014
Commonwealth Bank was more of a family than a group of co-workers. I am still friends with many of them today.
The great thing about working at a bank is that no day was typical. Each day you have new customers or consumers all with different needs. We tried to meet those needs.
Teamwork was key at Commonwealth. We formed great teams which led to wonderful friendships.
Productive and enjoyable enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kwinana, WAJune 28, 2014
A typical day was getting cash ready for tellers, opening everything inside branch, attending or conducting training on products and procedures. Serving customers both in person and on phone. Preparing Loan documents and applications. Receiving cash escorts. End of day balancing of tellers and atm.
typical
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAMarch 14, 2014
All went very fast
learned counting money
ok
count the large amount of money
meet with customers

Want to know more about Commonwealth Bank?

Ask a question
Cba
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  BranchFebruary 22, 2014
CBA is a very fast paced environment to work. If you are not trying your best at all times you will not succeed in growing within the company. You need to be able to adapt quickly to the constant changes of the work place and work well under stress. I personally have definitely learnt a lot of useful skills working for CBA for 3 years now and have had to opportunity to try a range of different positions. I find that now I'm working in the Branch network, it is easy to get stuck and a lot harder to progress. Basically nothing is ever good enough. If you have a good day then the next day you are ask to do better. I find that management aren't very encouraging and prefer to scare staff into doing better which is stressful and demotivating. Proper training isn't applied considering the amount of important procedures we need to do for our customers (Deceased Estates, International transfers, New businesses, Insurance, Financial Planning, Loans, Guarantors, Superannuation, etc). You are are constantly thrown into the deep end with no support.

At the moment CBA is going through a lot of changes (Branch closures, Sales structures, Management re-arranging, Staff procedures, etc). There is a feeling in the branch network of management pushing staff to their limits with the intention of forcing staff who can't handle the pressure to look for jobs elsewhere. They are doing this instead of following other banks like ANZ whom have publicly dismissed staff and have most of their call centres overseas which equalled to bad publicity for the bank. Most staff members I know are unhappy and looking
  more... for new places to work so I guess the companies business plan is working to their advantage. These staff members are very capable workers and have devoted a lot of time and effort into CBA with no recognition. CBA has made the most profit this year for good reason, and staff are all but pawns in their big plans. That in all truth is the banking world and business is business which I have come to get use to. I am lucky as the people whom I work with are absolutely fantastic! I do enjoy the challenge but I personally do not see a future within this company.  less
Pros
we are ahead in technology.
Cons
lots of unpaid overtime.
Commonwealth Bank Ltd
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Freeport, BahamasNovember 3, 2013
My day begins by greeting my coworkers with a smile and then settling in my office. My mornings at Commonwealth Bank usually be excited because I get to assist the clients who enter the bank.
I love people so it is very easy for me to open their accounts, cross sell the bank products and services. As a Banker sometimes I have to solve issues that arise. I have also learn that my coworkers should be treated with respect just like the external customers. My former place of employment Commonwealth Bank Ltd was never complicated because when you love what you do it becomes enjoyable.
pros
cons
Team players are a plus in the work environment
Senior Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  NassauAugust 14, 2013
Start working at 8 a.m assisting teller with clients to ensure the wait time is short.Collecting money from Armoured Truck. assisting my supervisor with posting wires an other duties. Locking away tellers. I learn how to multi task. Management can be a little bit sensitive when we work late. Co-workers are easy going and we work as a team. the hardest part of the job is when we are short staffed. The enjoyable part of the job is working as a team and the jokes we share and time at lunch.
Pros
health care
Cons
short breaks and long hours
Experience supporting busy executives in fast-paced financial services industry.
Senior Administrative Assistant  (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 23, 2013
I have been in my current position for 7 years. I support three trust administrative officers with all aspects of trust and wealth management services.
Enjoyed Commonwealth
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  philadelphia, paDecember 5, 2012
I enjoyed talking to the customers about the new products and services and enjoyed being competitive in generating new accounts and business.
Pros
the customers
Cons
the salary
start as co-op student in high school
Deposit Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 6, 2012
this is where i learned about responsability and becoming responsible for a job well done.
Pros
where i learned most of my financial training
Cons
lost my job due to another bank purchasing us and my job was cut out
Great introduction to the world of banking
Teller (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2012
I learned to handle large sums of money in dealing with both personal and business accounts,this was my first banking position and co-workers were friendly
Pros
i learned the basics in banking
Cons
salary wasn't sufficient
Enjoyed the Experience
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2012
 Managed and maintained operational integrity of various banking centers, by following federal and state compliance laws.
 Hired, trained and evaluated associates  Responsible for resolving escalated customer issues from employees
good
Senior Funds Transfer Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2012
I had learned many skill as a team player,co-worker still I talk and contact with them .The most enjoable part of the job when system problem we all became one team and timely finish our work because money transfer we have a cutoff time in chips and fedwire payments.
Management was good at a time I still wants to work for them I had a best time of my life working experince with them.
Great work mates. Great customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sunshine CoastDecember 15, 2011
Good secure work. Computer systems and your access to vital technology like email needs improvement. Good benefits in the form of employee share schemes and annual performance bonuses.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
unpaid overtime, lack of flexibility from management