Commonwealth Bank Employee Reviews

Lack of leadership
NA (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 11, 2017
No real leadership, women don't seem to work in higher up positions, no one socializes much and employees always seem to be in fear. Overall no one really seems happy and leadership is lacking in all areas of the organization.
Favorite job thus far
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  KYMay 6, 2017
Being a bank teller has it's challenges; you are handling peoples money for a living. But at the end of the day, the interactions that you get to experience with the customers is worth it.
good place to work
Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 26, 2017
A good place to work. Nice people with a small town atmosphere. Everyone attempts to get to each other. Upper management communicates on a regular basis to keep everyone aware of what is going on around the company.
Pros
Small company
Cons
small company
Okay place to work
Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 15, 2017
Management struggles with the direction to take the company, not everyone is always on the same page as to what needs to be done next, company has good benefits
un structured management
Technical Consultant-SYNON (Former Employee) –  Sydney, FLFebruary 13, 2017
don't know who is in charged. Every supervisors are at a loss where to start and end their responsibility. Actions are far fetched, problems stays longer because of that. No known protocol for bug downs. Absence of proper documentation.
Nice people
Senior IT Risk and Security Management (Current Employee) –  Australia Gulch, MTJanuary 18, 2017
People are nice here with professional knowledge.
Platform is great to practice.
Can learn something here.
Lean doing business and learn working way in Bank.
It was a job
Assistant Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYDecember 13, 2016
The environment was very professional. As long as you came to do your job and didnt expect anything else then you'll be good to go. The people are mostly friendly.
Great Place
KYC OFFICER (Consulting) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2016
Great place to work no micro-managing everyone very professional.
As a consultant I found that I was treated like a permanent employee
Very generous and accommodating
Good job for someone that likes customer service
Vault Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 28, 2016
Enjoyed working with customers and met nice people. Very competitive company which likes cross sells. Good hours. Dress down days, events, not much training though.
Excellent work place and benefits
SPECIAL CREDIT OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Freeport, BahamasNovember 30, 2015
Commonwealth Bank is an excellent company to work for with excellent benefits. Management is very supportive and always shows apperciation. I have learned a how to organize my day, time management, accounting, cash handling, adminstration, customer service, assisting customer in problem solving and legal. I truly enjoy my job and co workers. The hardest part is not being able to assist a customer the way I would like to, the most enjoyable part is being able to assist the customer and putting a smile on they faces. I am recolating back to the USA that's the reason why am leaving.
Local Bank
Customer Service Representative/Vault teller (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KySeptember 29, 2015
I have worked at CommonWealth Bank & Trust for a little over 10 years. I started out as a floating teller meaning that I worked at different branches on an as needed basis.
I started at my home branch about 9 years ago as the vault teller and about 6 years later also took on the position of CSR at the request of my manager.
I had the privilege of working with and training a group of new tellers over the years and was able to see them graduate from college and move into other positions and grow professionally.
The hardest part of my job there was making sure customer service didn't suffer when the bank cut back on staff.
The most enjoyable part was the satisfaction that I received from that job and knowing that I did it to the best of my ability everyday.
Pros
Free checking and most weekends off
Cons
The recent change of management and the extreme pressure to sell bank products.
Productive and Challenging Environment
Fulltime Employee (Current Employee) –  SydneyAugust 29, 2015
Nice place to work,Challenging, Extremely competative, allows for flexibility.
Pros
Large organisation means there are lots of internal opportunities , Good training benefits Good general staff benefits schemes Fairly flexible depnding on the role.

Cons
Subjective performance reviews Politics drives upward career progression Hard to remove poor performers Management not incentivised to perform beyond the short term.
Lower than Market Rate salary unless you negotiate Hard.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lower than Market Rate salary.
Slow paced branch
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Souderton, PAMay 7, 2015
Pleasant working conditions but a very slow pace. Manager was new to her position and not very motivated. The staff was pleasant and provided excellent customer service.
Data Entry
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Chermside, QLDSeptember 16, 2014
Data entry operator
banking
very nice people
working until 2am
the income
Pros
income
Cons
working late
Nice place
Database/Applications Administrator (Former Employee) –  NassauAugust 19, 2014
Good benefits, good work/life balance. A great place to get your feet wet in IT.
Great company with great people
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2014
Commonwealth Bank was more of a family than a group of co-workers. I am still friends with many of them today.
The great thing about working at a bank is that no day was typical. Each day you have new customers or consumers all with different needs. We tried to meet those needs.
Teamwork was key at Commonwealth. We formed great teams which led to wonderful friendships.
Productive and enjoyable enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kwinana, WAJune 28, 2014
A typical day was getting cash ready for tellers, opening everything inside branch, attending or conducting training on products and procedures. Serving customers both in person and on phone. Preparing Loan documents and applications. Receiving cash escorts. End of day balancing of tellers and atm.
typical
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAMarch 14, 2014
All went very fast
learned counting money
ok
count the large amount of money
meet with customers
Cba
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  BranchFebruary 22, 2014
CBA is a very fast paced environment to work. If you are not trying your best at all times you will not succeed in growing within the company. You need to be able to adapt quickly to the constant changes of the work place and work well under stress. I personally have definitely learnt a lot of useful skills working for CBA for 3 years now and have had to opportunity to try a range of different positions. I find that now I'm working in the Branch network, it is easy to get stuck and a lot harder to progress. Basically nothing is ever good enough. If you have a good day then the next day you are ask to do better. I find that management aren't very encouraging and prefer to scare staff into doing better which is stressful and demotivating. Proper training isn't applied considering the amount of important procedures we need to do for our customers (Deceased Estates, International transfers, New businesses, Insurance, Financial Planning, Loans, Guarantors, Superannuation, etc). You are are constantly thrown into the deep end with no support.

At the moment CBA is going through a lot of changes (Branch closures, Sales structures, Management re-arranging, Staff procedures, etc). There is a feeling in the branch network of management pushing staff to their limits with the intention of forcing staff who can't handle the pressure to look for jobs elsewhere. They are doing this instead of following other banks like ANZ whom have publicly dismissed staff and have most of their call centres overseas which equalled to bad publicity for the bank. Most staff members I know are unhappy and
  more... looking for new places to work so I guess the companies business plan is working to their advantage. These staff members are very capable workers and have devoted a lot of time and effort into CBA with no recognition. CBA has made the most profit this year for good reason, and staff are all but pawns in their big plans. That in all truth is the banking world and business is business which I have come to get use to. I am lucky as the people whom I work with are absolutely fantastic! I do enjoy the challenge but I personally do not see a future within this company.  less
Pros
We are ahead in technology.
Cons
Lots of unpaid overtime.
Commonwealth Bank Ltd
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Freeport, BahamasNovember 3, 2013
My day begins by greeting my coworkers with a smile and then settling in my office. My mornings at Commonwealth Bank usually be excited because I get to assist the clients who enter the bank.
I love people so it is very easy for me to open their accounts, cross sell the bank products and services. As a Banker sometimes I have to solve issues that arise. I have also learn that my coworkers should be treated with respect just like the external customers. My former place of employment Commonwealth Bank Ltd was never complicated because when you love what you do it becomes enjoyable.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Commonwealth Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval