Commonwealth Bank

Commonwealth Bank Employer Reviews

Great company with great people
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2014
Commonwealth Bank was more of a family than a group of co-workers. I am still friends with many of them today.
The great thing about working at a bank is that no day was typical. Each day you have new customers or consumers all with different needs. We tried to meet those needs.
Teamwork was key at Commonwealth. We formed great teams which led to wonderful friendships.
Productive and enjoyable enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kwinana, WAJune 28, 2014
A typical day was getting cash ready for tellers, opening everything inside branch, attending or conducting training on products and procedures. Serving customers both in person and on phone. Preparing Loan documents and applications. Receiving cash escorts. End of day balancing of tellers and atm.
typical
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Norristown, PAMarch 14, 2014
All went very fast
learned counting money
ok
count the large amount of money
meet with customers
CBA
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), BranchFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: we are ahead in technology.
Cons: lots of unpaid overtime.
CBA is a very fast paced environment to work. If you are not trying your best at all times you will not succeed in growing within the company. You need to be able to adapt quickly to the constant changes of the work place and work well under stress. I personally have definitely learnt a lot of useful skills working for CBA for 3 years now and have had to opportunity to try a range of different positions. I find that now I'm working in the Branch network, it is easy to get stuck and a lot harder to progress. Basically nothing is ever good enough. If you have a good day then the next day you are ask to do better. I find that management aren't very encouraging and prefer to scare staff into doing better which is stressful and demotivating. Proper training isn't applied considering the amount of important procedures we need to do for our customers (Deceased Estates, International transfers, New businesses, Insurance, Financial Planning, Loans, Guarantors, Superannuation, etc). You are are constantly thrown into the deep end with no support.

At the moment CBA is going through a lot of changes (Branch closures, Sales structures, Management re-arranging, Staff procedures, etc). There is a feeling in the branch network of management pushing staff to their limits with the intention of forcing staff who can't handle the pressure to look for jobs elsewhere. They are doing this instead of following other banks like ANZ whom have publicly dismissed staff and have most of their call centres overseas which equalled to bad publicity for the bank. Most staff members I know are unhappy and looking – more... for new places to work so I guess the companies business plan is working to their advantage. These staff members are very capable workers and have devoted a lot of time and effort into CBA with no recognition. CBA has made the most profit this year for good reason, and staff are all but pawns in their big plans. That in all truth is the banking world and business is business which I have come to get use to. I am lucky as the people whom I work with are absolutely fantastic! I do enjoy the challenge but I personally do not see a future within this company. – less
Commonwealth Bank Ltd
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Freeport, BahamasNovember 3, 2013
Pros: pros
Cons: cons
My day begins by greeting my coworkers with a smile and then settling in my office. My mornings at Commonwealth Bank usually be excited because I get to assist the clients who enter the bank.
I love people so it is very easy for me to open their accounts, cross sell the bank products and services. As a Banker sometimes I have to solve issues that arise. I have also learn that my coworkers should be treated with respect just like the external customers. My former place of employment Commonwealth Bank Ltd was never complicated because when you love what you do it becomes enjoyable.
Team players are a plus in the work environment
Senior Operations Officer (Current Employee), NassauAugust 14, 2013
Pros: health care
Cons: short breaks and long hours
Start working at 8 a.m assisting teller with clients to ensure the wait time is short.Collecting money from Armoured Truck. assisting my supervisor with posting wires an other duties. Locking away tellers. I learn how to multi task. Management can be a little bit sensitive when we work late. Co-workers are easy going and we work as a team. the hardest part of the job is when we are short staffed. The enjoyable part of the job is working as a team and the jokes we share and time at lunch.
Great introduction to the world of banking
Teller (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2012
Pros: i learned the basics in banking
Cons: salary wasn't sufficient
I learned to handle large sums of money in dealing with both personal and business accounts,this was my first banking position and co-workers were friendly
Enjoyed the Experience
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2012
 Managed and maintained operational integrity of various banking centers, by following federal and state compliance laws.
 Hired, trained and evaluated associates  Responsible for resolving escalated customer issues from employees
good
Senior Funds Transfer Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2012
I had learned many skill as a team player,co-worker still I talk and contact with them .The most enjoable part of the job when system problem we all became one team and timely finish our work because money transfer we have a cutoff time in chips and fedwire payments.
Management was good at a time I still wants to work for them I had a best time of my life working experince with them.
Great work mates. Great customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sunshine CoastDecember 15, 2011
Pros: bonuses
Cons: unpaid overtime, lack of flexibility from management
Good secure work. Computer systems and your access to vital technology like email needs improvement. Good benefits in the form of employee share schemes and annual performance bonuses.
Great working conditions, lots of training to help you achieve,
Customer Service Specialist - Teller (Former Employee), Leongatha, Victoria.November 20, 2011
Pros: yearly bonus based on targets achieved, 4 weeks leave, higher interest rate for investments, lower home loan rate, discounts on staff insurance policies, staff social club
Cons: dont have any
The Commonwealth Bank is a great place to work, always training available to help you achieve your targets and teach you customer service skills with win win outcomes. Staff share incentive scheme, health insurance scheme. Fun nights out with the team to bond and create a good working relationships and friendships. A buddy system when you are new to help you learn bank procedures in all banking departments. Very customer focused to help the customer in all areas of their banking.

About Commonwealth Bank

The Commonwealth Bank is Australia’s leading provider of integrated financial services including retail banking, premium – Read more