Commonwealth Connections Academy

Commonwealth Connections Academy Employer Reviews

Great experience in the cyber school, but missed working with students face to face
Special Education Teacher (ES) (Former Employee), Seven Fields, PAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: healthcare, flexibility
Cons: life/work balance, too many students on caseload (52), students not answering phones
I would work between 10-12 hours per day and still not get everything accomplished that would need to be done with the demands of the job. I had 52 emotional support students on my caseload and it was a struggle to manage and provide adequate support to all students on a regular basis. If a students didn't want help, then they wouldn't answer the phone – more... or attend out LiveLesson sessions.

I did realize that cyber school is beneficial for those students who are self-determined, self-motivated, and self-driven. Those students who wanted help and to be successful did rather well within the cyber school setting. I as able to help those students who wanted the help more than I would've ever been able to within the public school setting.

Management was a struggle because the demands were too high for my particular area of emotional support. Regular schools cap emotional support caseloads to about 18 students and I was triple that within the cyber school setting. It felt as if there was no learning curve and you were expected to be able to be successful from the very beginning.

Co-workers were a great group of people to work with at CCA. I worked within the 9th & 10th grade teams at CCA and all teachers collaborated and worked together, even though we were not even in the same building.

The hardest part of the job was the balance between life and work. My family suffered for the 9 months that I worked as CCA. There was never a moment that I wasn't working on something school related. I would be one of the first people in the office each morning and one of the last to leave and still had to do work at home in the evening. Whether it was writing IEP's, calling students, or completing other tasks. There was no true separation of life and work.

The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the team to help students. Those students who wanted the help were able to receive it from someone on the team. I would collaborate with each teacher and student. If a student was struggling in Science, then I would collaborate with that specific teacher and the student over the phone to help provide support. – less
An educational forum that enveloped public relations.
Community Coordinator (Former Employee), PADecember 8, 2013
This was an excellent hands-on position that allowed me to use my communications skills and event planning experience in an educational environment. I enjoyed the research and planning aspect of this job. The planning time for events was very reasonable and I was allowed to work and plan independently for family-focused events as well as education field – more... trips for over 500 student in a five county region. – less