Commonwealth Financial Network

Commonwealth Financial Network Employer Reviews

Productive and fun working place
Dot Net Developer (Current Employee), Waltham, MAFebruary 6, 2014
Commonwealth Financial Network is one of the Biggest Financial Company in The World and the second largest privately held independent broker/dealer in the nation. Goal has been the same one that guides the best financial professional and indispensable to client and providing personal support, customized solution, time saving technology and Growth Oriented – more... Environment. Portfolio Management System will help the financial Advisors to see the historical and the present data of the clients and predict the future market trends. It will also help them to manage the client data – less
Commonwealth empowers employees at all levels to achieve their full potential.
Retirement Operations Manager (Current Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 15, 2013
Commonwealth provides a highly supportive environment that helps employees grow professionally and personally.
Good, not great experience
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2013
Wouldn't recommend it to others. Look for other major Broker Dealers instead.
Very hands on and educational
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Exeter, NHSeptember 22, 2013
Worked very closely with the advisor which allowed me to learn a lot about the finance industry in a very short amount of time. I was able to see a lot about the way clients and the advisor interacted, which was helpful in determining how to balance the advisor's schedule. This position was very conducive to my analytical and systematic way of doing – more... business. – less
Great corporate culture
Legal and Compliance Intern (Current Employee), Waltham, MAMarch 22, 2013
New and exciting projects each day, Management interactive with all departments within the firm, easy-going co-workers, laid back office environment
Don't waste your time.
Marketing (Former Employee), Waltham, MAMarch 21, 2013
Pros: oooo free bagels and beer. great if you're 12 and don't expect respect and opportunities to advance.
Cons: takes them years (if ever) to do anything about managers who treat their staffs badly.
Extreme nepotism and favoritism and gross inequities in how people are treated. Unless a member of HR or a partner gave birth to you, don't bother.
Exceptional Company!
Associate (Former Employee), Waltham, MAAugust 2, 2012
Pros: fun work environment, bagels & beer on fridays, shorts & t-shirts all summer, the list goes on and on.
Cons: very low pay, prefer to hire recent grads over seasoned professionals.
They bill themselves as "Anything But Common", and that's exactly what you get! Fun, laid back work environment. They do a great job at hiring really good people and that makes all the difference in the world. Unfortunately, due to the economy they are laying off a large number of employees right now.
A great place to work, a tough place to stay
Firewall Deployment Engineer (Current Employee), Waltham, MAMay 29, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule, work from home, lots of team-building and events
Cons: no long term employment opportunities
Commonwealth is a broker/dealer with a great work environment. The company does great team-building and despite being a contract worker I was treated very well by the staffers and management here.

The office is staffed with competent people for the most part. Technologically the Shield project is an immense undertaking but we as engineers were given – more... the freedom and flexibility to handle high-end consultation and network configuration on our own.

I truly enjoyed this job as it gave me a great chance to shine on my own merits as a technical worker.

The only downside that I have experienced with this job is that the company is so good that permanent positions rarely open up. – less

About Commonwealth Financial Network

If it were up to Commonwealth Equity Services we'd all have¬†wealth in common.¬†Operating as Commonwealth Financial Network, the – Read more