Commonwealth Supply Chain Advisors (Commonwealth) is a leading supply chain consulting firm that helps companies of all sizes create and run highly efficient distribution centers and supply chain networks. Commonwealth is based in Boston and works with clients across the globe.
Commonwealth is currently seeking a Senior Consultant to lead and execute client projects in distribution center strategy, process optimization, and distribution center layout design.
Relocation is NOT required.
Job duties include:
- Plan, lead, manage, and execute client engagements primarily in distribution center design and optimization
- Perform data analysis and construct conclusions and recommendations based on your findings
- Use your extensive knowledge in distribution best practices; space and storage planning; material handling automation; distribution technologies; and WMS functionality to help clients develop and execute strategic plans for distribution
- Write reports and deliver presentations
- Develop and continuously improve upon project delivery methodologies and deliverable formats
- Develop strong relationships with clients, set realistic expectations, and deliver projects on-time and on-budget
- A bachelor’s degree
- At least 10 years of experience managing and delivering distribution center design and optimization engagement in a consulting environment
- Experience in industry managing distribution center operations is a plus
- Strong abilities in data analysis, must be an Excel “Power User”
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to travel up to 80 percent of the time
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of a client organization and communicate with executives at a “peer level”
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passion for exceeding client expectations