Commonwealth of Massachusetts Employee Reviews

Enjoyed Working there
Developmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MAJune 15, 2017
I had lots of fun working with the clientele... Friendly and caring staff... hard working environment, but it evens out with the activities. Everyday is something different to see
Excellent organization for performing cross skill Tasks
EDiscovery Archive Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2017
I Learned new Technologies and applications with regard to EDiscovery.
I also learned and gained experiences as a Business Analyst and Scrum Agile project management.
Management is great.
Quagmire..Loss of focus
Architectural Designer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 26, 2017
The only thing growing here is the Boston Office. There is an officer for any interest, but no one to call when checks are six months late. One guy used to handle the entire state, now with burgeoning budget and staff, half the state is neglected.
A Great day at court
Associate Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 21, 2017
My day starts off, by helping individuals at the counter, who may have got arrested the night before, summoned into court or there to remove a default warrant. I then go to my assigned courtroom and represent probation in that courtroom, which my be the arraignment, pre-trial or trial session. I also have case load of individuals who are on probation for first time OUI's, administrative and courtesy testing for other courts for individuals who live outside of that court's jurisdiction.

My supervisor's are great people who give you room to grow and are open to new ideas and suggestions and who also want you to succeed and move on if so desired.
My fellow co-workers are great to work with, because we are all there to do a job and to make sure that the work is getting done to perfection.

Working as an Associate Probation Officer is quite rewarding for me, because I am able to meet people form different backgrounds and cultures. Interactions with individuals who come into court, where you are able to to make there experience there less stressful and in some cases and enjoyable one, and knowing that you never know if you could be on the other side of that counter, seeking help from a person who cares.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, no micro-management, exposure to people from all walks of life
Cons
Court sessions can run late...some times
My first job working for the govenment
Scrum Master and Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2017
My first government job. I learned a great deal. The challenge in working for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is that the various agencies have their own agendas -- sometimes for valid reasons --
and sometimes work in different directions.
Big waste of time to apply here. CNO is a joke
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Western Mass HospitalMay 11, 2017
For this to be a state hospital , it is run very poorly,and not efficient at all. Met some great coworkers there, but also some of the worst dishonest disrespectful as well. Miserable long term employees are known to sabotage new employees, and it is a known fact! I was told by one of the union members. Truly sad state of affairs. Too bad for the patients who have to endure the high employee turnover. This is there home, that has been turned in to a mess to say the least. If things continue this way this hospital will eventually be closed down.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Terrible management skills
I loved resolving problems !
Helpdesk/Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 7, 2017
Received and resolved 10-20 technical calls daily by phone/email
• Visited the users at their desks and resolved problems
• Troubleshoot network scanning, and configure for the use, resolve network printing
• Installed, troubleshoot company applications and replace pieces of hardware in PCs within company
• Re-imaged PCs from Symantec Ghost disk, upgrade computers and troubleshoot login problems
• Reinstalled new Operating System 2000/XP on PC
Great
Internship (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 1, 2017
Worked in a great environment, very professional and busy. Learn a lot about, the par rate is great and more room for growth at the state, great for networking
Very diverse community is being served here.
Client Assistance Coordinator/SNAP Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 25, 2017
Being a Client Assistance Coordinator has given me the opportunity to administer public assistance to low-income families on a daily basis. I provide a high level of service to all those in need of our services. I have the opportunity to work with people of diverse communities and learn new cultures. The hardest part of the job is not being able to provide families with assistance with their utility bills when experiencing hardship. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I make a family smile.
Very busy
Clerk IV (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAApril 24, 2017
Fast paced environment. Serving the state of Massachusetts. Helping families improve their skills and/or living arrangements as well as helping with financial stability
Amazing staff
Investigator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 30, 2017
The State Treasury has an incredible staff that puts constitutes first. The management and training are interactive and one of a kind. Each individual strives to do their best for the commonwealth.
Challenging place to work.
Supervisor - Sharp Transition Program (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMarch 15, 2017
Give staff daily assignments.
Count and pass out medications at the start and end of shift.
Supervise 5 staff and 24 residents.
Follow a timed scheduled for school and meal times to maintain safety and security.
Organize activities for residents.
Hand out discipline when needed.
Keep a detailed log for head counts and other important information.
Fill schedule for overtime.
Fill in when needed to help complete payroll.
Monthly supervisions of staff.
Pros
Set schedule and state benifits.
Cons
Difficult clients and way too much forceable overtime.
Working with the public in a law enforcement capacity was an exciting challenge.
Police officer (reserve) West Spfld (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAMarch 9, 2017
I learned and was trained in keeping not only myself safe and free from harm , but also the inmates while giving care was a great experience.I was introduced to many different types of street drugs that people use and learned the different stages of detox and treatment. Assisting people at the worse times of there lives and also helping people in need and making a difference was very rewarding.
Commonwath of Massachusetts is a great place to work and I like working there
Mental Health Worker I (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 8, 2017
I have been working for the past five years and I'm happy with my current position. Commonwealth of Massachusetts nice place to work. I encourage anyone who is looking for a job to apply.
my review
Office of the State Comptroller (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 22, 2017
I enjoyed my time at the office. I got along well with my coworkers. I feel like I was able to accomplish a lot with my time spent at the office. I recommend this job.
Mental Health Worker - house manager
House Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 26, 2017
Lots of micro management ! , other agencies or residences have less micro management .. There are many trainings , which is helpful to do the job , you feel good when the clients move on and you know you had a part to do with it ...
Pros
Caring staff Good benefits
Cons
Micro Management --
Good work/life balance
Rate Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2017
Not much room for advancement but safe job with good benefits. Salary escalates pending on how long you work there. Administration has been great. Work flow comes in bunches.
I can set my own hours
State Certified Instructor (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 17, 2017
It was a great place to work, setting my own schedule and learning to work with diverse audiences. The travel was convenient and according my my availability.
Pros
Setting my own schedule, meeting new people all the time
Cons
Not getting enough hours
Fast paced with great opportunities
HR Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 3, 2017
Never settle strive for greater opportunities. Opportunities for promotions are usually given to current employees allowing room for growth.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Benefits, unions
Good workplace, liked helping people
TEMPORARY CLERK III (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MADecember 14, 2016
To me the job was rather simple and my supervisor found additional things over my grade to keep me busy at my request. The way I organized what I was doing finished job according to description after about 1/2 day, even when on mail assignment. This was after only a couple of weeks. The co-workers were quite pleasant and many were sorry to see me go. The hardest part was sometimes understanding very heavy accents and the telephone for the deaf. I enjoyed being of help to people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Our community is ready to answer.