Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Commonwealth of Massachusetts Employee Reviews

Fast pace environment and multitask skill required
Acount clerk I (Former Employee), Brighton Municipal court and Rmv WatertownJune 25, 2015
Pros: hours was 8:30 t0 4:30 with an hour lunch Monday - Friday, no weekends
Cons: too much politics
The day started with a lot of data entry, answering phones, dealing with cash register, greeting and assisting the general public, filling or any other related tasks.
I've learned the due process of the court system, criminal and civil matters. I also learned about identify legitimacy of documents required to be presented in other to issue DL or Mass ID.
Management was impersonal a lot left to desire. I enjoyed working with my colleagues, however some of them were very territorial due seniority which develops an unpleasant environment rather hostile.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the general public, assisting them and being able to interact with a vast array of people.
Commonwealth
Global Services Program Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 23, 2015
excellent projects promoting new functions and services for constituents .. friendly environment with structure .. always encouraged to be proactive and responsible for work accomplished
Enjoyable Learning Experience - Peoplesoft Upgrade
Project Analyst-Information Technology Division (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Relationships/Growth in knowledge
Cons: Tight timelines/Budget
Workday is fast paced with tight timelines for the Peoplesoft Upgrade Project. Complex tasks along with Executive Level meetings cause to strengthen ability to best utilize your time in the best way possible. Long work days are spent, but all towards the common goal which was met with the successful launch of the upgrade across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. You lean that nothing is bigger than teamwork and dedication.
Good place to work. I got along well with my bosses
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 1, 2015
I was able to work on my own. When a new project came I met with
my boss and went over what users were looking for and the time frame to complete the project.
Great Opportunity
Clerk Typist II (Current Employee), Fall River, MAMay 31, 2015
Love my Job and coworkers. Received training in multiple aspects of the job which proved to helpful in my day to day function and overall direction of the Commonwealth.
Review of Commonwealth of MA position
Instructional Design/Training Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Culture, tasks
Cons: None
Was an excellent place to work; would stay here if there was a position available. Work involved creating and updating training documents in Oracle UPK and MS Word along with moderating over a dozen webinars to introduce the HR/CMS upgrade and its enhancements.
I worked for a great company.
Cleaner (Former Employee), Framingham, MAApril 3, 2015
Pros: I learn something
Cons: Ilearn something
I learned that works as good as you make it , So I take in every that I can loearn and grow from . A day at work for is doig my daily requirements and helping my co-worker.
Energetic environment and friendly co-workers
State 911 Training Specialist (Current Employee), MassachusettsApril 1, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Training new classes every day gives me the opportunity to meet new people from all across the state. I learned about the different types of equipment that other agencies use and was able to become proficient. My co-workers are friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is when there are no classes to teach on a particular day. I am passionate about 911 and EMS and enjoy being able to instruct others.
okay
DPL-Administrative Assistant, Board of Barbers (Current Employee), boston, maMarch 26, 2015
i was atemp there, so no benefits, i didnt really like it... because i was a temp. but i enjoy working there, lots of nice people
Great People - Process based work environment
Enterprise Infrastructure Architect Intern (Current Employee), Chelsea, MAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: department silos
- Great people to work with/for
- Laid back environment
- Slow turnaround time for most projects
- Process based projects & approvals
- Public Sector
Caring and Productive enviorment
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee), MassachusettsMarch 13, 2015
Pros: job security, great atmosphere
A typical day at work consists of receiving shift report, greeting the persons served, reading shift notes, medication verification, bed checks and client related duties.
The area of help is looked at as a rewarding job for me.
Developmental Disabilities/ CNA (Former Employee), Harding Street, Chelmsford. MAMarch 10, 2015
I love helping people, so my day of work was fun and often looked at it as a hobby because I enjoyed every minute of work. We had a great team who contributed in making the work fun. Sometimes there were a few slaps here and there due to others mistakes, however I often looked it constructively to help me better what i enjoy doing
If you have no aspriations, this is a great place to work.
IT (Current Employee), BostonMarch 8, 2015
Pros: mbta employees get free passes
Cons: raises and advancement are impossible
The pay is ridiculously below market, and advancement is very limited. Due to the union, there are strict rules about what you can and cannot do - this is a pro and a con. If you want to advance your career and salary, this is a con.

If you want to punch a clock and get paid for doing 50% of the work you are supposed to - this the place for you to work.
Enjoyed my time working for Commonwealth of MA. Very dedicated to its cause.
Administrator IV (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: the lack of recognition for hard work done...promotions
A typical day at work starts at 7:00 and ends at 6:00 or sometimes later.

Great leaders, mission, values and goals of the organization that I worked for.

Hardest part of the job is running into obstacles that do not allow you to fulfill your dream

Most enjoyable part of the job is help people succeed.
Hard work
Collective Bargaining Election Specialist II (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 2, 2015
All day long I greet Attorneys and their clients that are there for hearing. An additional duty is answering the phone, but the duty that consumes most of my time is inputting data to the database my office uses.

The hardest part of working in my job is interacting with people who are frustrated with the system. I find it best to have a good attitude as two bad attitudes can make things worst. Sometimes the person on the phone or the other side of the counter is grateful and it is those people that make working with the public something I have done for most of my life
stagnant culture, on paper good job
Senior Health Policy Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2015
stagnant culture, still looking for identity. on paper job is great in practice it is not. Lack of mobility because of union structure, only 2% salary increase per year allowed. promotions are based on schedule not achievement.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee), Norfolk, MAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: the people in the field and clients
Cons: when you find out someone has relapsed or worst
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I find out a client is still sober and has started to live sobriety as a way of life not just a phase. Even if only one person stays sober its still better then another who might not make it at all.
High stress, multi tasking required BUT an excellent staff to work with in office.
Social Worker, BERS A/B (Current Employee), Chelsea, MAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: no time for breaks, not enough time to replenish yourself during the day due to demanding nature of the job.
This job has provided me the opportunity to work with some terrific people and learn from co-workers on a daily basis. A typical days entails much multi-tasking, mostly consisting of interaction with client base in person and on the telephone. The job has gone from client oriented ( worker carrying a caseload) to a workload model and a lot of interaction with the clients by telephone not affording much interpersonal interaction with the client base. The hardest part of the job is not being able to serve the population who so desperately need the service . The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers who show me the positive side of this job each day and are always wiling to challenge themselves with the amount of work that is required of each and everyone of them. We share in laughter and light hearted conversation to keep up the positivity in the work place and they are the best part of the day just by being co-workers a well as friends.
Again, great mission helping elders
Executive Office of Elder Affairs (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 22, 2014
Pros: great colleagues, great mission
Cons: low pay
The Pharmacy Program was a simple subsidy of something like 1,200 per elder against expenses for medication.
security
Institutional Security Officer II (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 21, 2014
I act as a Dispatcher and I respond to emergency calls including Police, Fire and EMS
I closely monitor over 74 surveillance cameras
I use CCTV to document events or to assist with investigations.
I prevent illegal activities
I prevent people from harm and prevent properties from damage
I also do customer service which is required to do

1 2 3 4 5

$2,579 per month
Food Service Worker
$32,652 per year

Commonwealth of Massachusetts Photos

Fund Raising bake sale for the adolescent assessment unit. I'm seated.
Sailing on the Indian Ocean