Commonwealth of PA Bureau of State Employment Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
A tremendous stepping stone to better things.
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 26, 2017
Working for the State Civil Service is a fantastic way to build a strong work experience, if you are willing to put the work in, the State will give you a rewarding experience. After my assignment with the state, my resume was loaded with clerical, technical, and receptionist skillsets which later on were critical to bigger and better jobs. The office I was assigned to had a fantastic staff and the best management team I have ever worked under. This of course wont apply to every state office you work for, but the Civil Service commission really provides a fantastic opportunity for young professionals to build a career, just dont stay too long. You can be trapped at low wages if you refuse to move on.
Pros
State Office Enviroment, work with professionals
Cons
Red Tape, some offices are rather bad
Management has no control and sets poor example. Moral is horribly low.
Income maintenance casework supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster County, PAMarch 27, 2017
People just stay because you get paid a decent amount and we used to have good benefits. Benefits are getting worse actually bad and work load is overbearing so moral is very bad.0
Pros
Decent hourly wage
Cons
High school like drama, benefits are getting worse and worse, workloads are becoming impossible to handle. Very high stress.
State Job
IMCW (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJanuary 19, 2012
Great Entry level job, hard to advance due to limited spaces to grow,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Commonwealth of PA Bureau of State Employment. Our community is ready to answer.

Commonwealth of PA Bureau of State Employment Reviews by Location