CommuniCare Health Services Employee Reviews

care
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bardstown, KYNovember 23, 2017
I love working with mental challeneged disabilities. I loved this job and the individuals howver the management was very poor and very unorganized. no hard feelings
Clean and updated
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHNovember 17, 2017
Management lies whenever it is in there interest to do so. Expect to be dictated to and disappointed in every meaningful way. There are better places to work.
Pros
Residents
A great place to work
Mobile MDS Support RAC-CT (Current Employee) –  MobileNovember 10, 2017
Communicare is a great place to work with wonderful people and many advancement opportunities for someone who is driven, works hard and applies themselves.
I worked their for a short amount of time due to a personal problem .
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INNovember 8, 2017
They purposely held back my check, i went in to pick it up they said it had been mailed out but later said it was their until that Mon which meant it was their when i went to pick up i had three people in management say three different things.they are owned by a new company but the pay is the same if not lower.i heard several employees talk down on another one instead of just telling her.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Pay and dishonesty
Do yourself a favor and RUN
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 3, 2017
My experience with Communicare was great at first. Never thought I would leave. I think they grew too big too fast and couldn't keep up. They hired whomever they could regardless if they could or should do the job. The positions in high demand, they turnover because they can. The positions that are hard to fill have it made cause they can do whatever they want and not get fired. Sad really

I never thought I would leave, but now I am so incredibly glad I did. Do yourself a favor....RUN and I mean fast.
Pros
Nothing much. Met some great residents.
Cons
Too many to list.
No Comment
Director of Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 16, 2017
Enjoyed co-workers, always willing to collaborate on issues, good culture. Work was stressful at times, but support was good. Company has a good message to rally around.
Pros
Good overall culture
I love working at Communicare.
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OHOctober 15, 2017
I dont want to leave Communicare. I would like to work closer to Elyria but stay with Communicare. I am willing to drive from Elyria to Richmond Heights until something closer becomes available.
Horrible place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHOctober 4, 2017
This place is very poorly managed, your schedule is never correct. You never have basic thing you need to work;as in gloves, soap, clean wash clothes or towels. As stna we mentioned it to our Management several time and nothing is ever done.This place cares nothing about state law or regulation. It’s all about money.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
Poor management, pay is horrible, Scheduling is horrible
Poor Management and lack of leadership
STNA (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHOctober 2, 2017
This place has become quite interesting. I have worked for a few years now and the management skills have floored. It’s quite sad the lack of leadership, communication and professionalism that is expressed at this facility. I have learned quite a bit back in the day but these days each day is filed with staffing concerns and stressful nursing events. The admission process isn’t great for new residents (they mainly accept anybody) and the tools to deal with these individuals is not provided. This place has good potential but won’t reach it anytime soon 😑
Pros
Good coworkers at times
Cons
Short staffed, untrained nurses, lack of assistance
good values, owners tha care about residents and employees
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2017
I am glad to be working for CommuniCare. It means a lot to me that this is a privately owned company that has strong morals and values. The owners and management lead by example which is very refreshing to see at a big company. Employees are encouraged to vocalize concerns and are not retaliated against. The work day is busy. As a nurse you can work with many different populations and the experience is really great. I am satisfied with the benefit plans which are offered and paid time off plan in really nice.
Pros
benefits and PTO, owners and management lead by example which is very refreshing to see at a big company.
Cons
can't think of any
Outstanding and Caring Institution
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Senatobia, MSAugust 30, 2017
Communicare is a safe and outstanding company to work for.
This healthcare facility helps the community and surrounding areas by making it easy and affordable for clients to come in and receive the proper help that is needed. It has different activities such as sewing classes and cooking skills for clients as well as daily knowledge on how to maintain everyday skills.
Pros
two 15 minute breaks and 1 hour lunch
Cons
random after hours meetings
Fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2017
I loved working with children, and making memories with them seeing my patients from newborn babies to toddler ages. I love to see them smile rather them being in pain. I love my what I do.
Pros
Great lunchroom
Cons
Short 15 min breaks
work place changes everyday,lots of commuting
Dental Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodland, CAJuly 28, 2017
A typical day at work always changes depending on your location, I learned a lot about the dental industry and about insurance policy, coding, and scheduling.
Management could use improvement with employees very lenient
The hardest part of the job for me was commuting to a different site every day and not having a stable schedule, constantly changing every month or even at a one day notice.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to learn each day about the dental industry and also providing excellent customer service to our patients, always making sure to provide the best help
Pros
cant think of any
Cons
commuting, no benefits
Good place to work as STNA
STNA (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHJuly 6, 2017
This is a good Company to work for as a STNA. The BridgePort facility is a very pleasant environment. The building was renovated a few years ago. Management has a hands on approach and they are very understanding. Company gives good benefits and has a 401K retirement that gives a match. Overall the people I work with are good folks. We have each others backs and work as team.
Pros
benefits, good management
Internship
Internship (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSJune 19, 2017
Great internship! Only didn't give stars because they didn't apply to me. The management seemed pretty goof, the overall workplace culture was one pf my favorite parts. The most enjoyable part was working with clients.
Growing company offers fair pay and benefits
Marketing (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 19, 2017
Company is stable and offers fair pay and benefits. They are growing at healthy pace. Management wants you to succeed. As a Marketer I am given good training and the tools to do my job. CommuniCare is a respected care giver by hospitals in my territory and this makes my job easier and enjoyable. I am proud to represent a company who's mission is to care for seniors with compassion.
Pros
good training and the tools to do my job
Understaffed & very much like high school
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJune 16, 2017
All the nurses do is gossip the CNAs don't believe in teamwork the supervisors chain smoke cigarettes all day and they only schedule 3 or 4 CNAs doing morning and evening shift and 2 or 3 on night shift if you want to work in a very ghetto environment the Petersburg location is the place to be
Company is on the right track! Best LTC employer.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 7, 2017
My career in Nursing has always been in LTC. Prior to working at CommuniCare I have worked at several other Long Term Care companies. The difference about CommuniCare is that the Company is owned by people who TRULY care about their residents and employees. I am most impressed with the level of training and development that is offered. In the past when working at another organization I've been thrown into jobs and expected to swim but not offered support. My experience has been pleasant because you know you will not asked to do something and not supported. The other big thing is that you don't need to be afraid of making a mistake. Management expects you to work hard and do your best but they understand that everyone is human after all. I highly recommend this company for a long term career if you like working with seniors and enjoy a quick pace.
Pros
training and development is offered
many good times- retired after 17 years
MDS Nurse (Former Employee) –  ohioMay 1, 2017
I enjoyed my time at CommuniCare, but after 17 years it was time to retire. I worked with wonderful co- workers that supported each other and had many good times over the years. I would say that what really makes this company different is that owners really care about employees and the patients are given good care. The work is busy and the days go fast. To succeed you need to have a positive attitude and enjoy a fast pace. You are going to be changing peoples lives every day and that is what I miss most. Sometimes you are asked to work long hour but that is a part of working in health care. Management will do their best to support and show they appreciate your work.
Pros
fast paced, never a dull day. Help seniors
good company, management cares
RN (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 1, 2017
Good place to be work. Company provides good benefits. Great people to work with. Your experience is what you make it. Come in with a good attitude and you'll have a good stable employment for years to come. Management strives to help you succeed. They listen and care. They are humans too so like all people they do make mistakes but they truly want what is best for you and the residents.
Pros
benefits, good co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CommuniCare Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.