COMMUNICARE Employee Reviews in United States

learning, teaching, fun work pace
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weiser, IDJune 14, 2016
Typical day at work is like, standard routine with love and some negativity from the clients. I learned to have more patience and communication skills with co-workers and clients. Management is great with lots of understanding, love, care, and team work. Co-workers are easy going. Hardest part of the job was finding coverage, and not becoming emotionally attached. Most enjoyable part of the job was when the clients become emotional involved with me.
Pros
free, lunch, dinner and mostly love from your clients
Cons
finding someone to cover a work shift
a decent company
Resident Aide (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJune 5, 2016
this is a decent company for people that just need some extra money. management sucks when it comes to the job itself but are really cool otherwise. You have your lazy employees as in any job. alot of useful training that they teach and plenty of room for advancement as you further your education. the pay sucks when youre in an entry level position even if you have years of experience. I dont like that they say that you job comes before your kids, family and school. 12 hour days are long without a break. will put you on various shifts even if you only want to work a specific one. high turnover rate. plenty of overtime
Pros
can get alot of hours, great benefits, cool employees
Cons
no lunch breaks, dont work with you on scheduling, working every weekend
exccited placw to be working at
SUPERVISOR OF MEDICAL RECORDS (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMarch 25, 2016
fun excited do what you are there for and go home talking to different people and clients every day and helping the nurses when needed.
excellant expireance
VOCATIONAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Bardstown, KYMarch 3, 2016
The job I do is so rewarding!!! not monetary wise but for the heart.. I have learned don't judge a book by its cover. watching people learn and grow has been the best part so far.
Couldnt have picked a better place to do my externship!
Medical Assisting Externship (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 29, 2016
This clinic was just amazing and so glad that I got to come here and learn from all these great people. Would love to work for this company one day.
Relaxed work days
Respite Nurse Aid (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 27, 2016
-A typical work day would be my client so much as wakes up makes himself something to eat, showers, spends time with his family and relaxes for the rest of the day. I would just document what he does.
-I learned that it could be difficult that for my client to do things in everyday life than another individual that does not have any disabilities. That Everyone does have a different way of learning.
-I don't have any co-workers that I personally work with.
-I get the ability to build a stronger relationship with my client.
-Hardest part would be getting hours.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Time of contract renewal
Overall my experience was a good one.
Adult Foster Care provider, (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day as an Adult Foster Care provider consisted of getting the client up and if they needed assistance get them cleaned up (wash face, teeth brushed or a showered depending on the client).
Fix their breakfast, assist with medicine, then help them get ready to go to the workshop. Then depending on the day, take them to their doctor's appointments.

While they were at the workshop, I would meet with guardian or case manager. Or I would work on writing reports. I also had to maintain my house to meet inspections from the state, as well as, Communicare.

The clients came home in the afternoon and I would fix supper . I would work on the goals, some were learning how to maintain a home or community interaction, (we would go bowling).

The management was supportive in most cases if I had a problem with a client or assisting in learning more to be able to work better with the client.

The only time I worked with co-workers was if I needed someone do respite with my client so I could have a break.

The hardest part of the job was having very little personal time. Since the client lived in the house you worked 24/7.

The most enjoyable part was when the client achieved their goal.
Pros
You worked out of your home.
Cons
No reeal personal time
na
recovery peer bridger (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSJanuary 14, 2016
worked directly with North Mississippi State Hospital discharged patients to encourage follow up appointments to maintain balance
loved working here
CLS (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 9, 2016
i loved my job, if i didnt have to move i would still be working here. i was able to help a child learn things he didnt know how to do, we played games, went on trips, it was fun!
Pros
great pay, working from home, helping others
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
all about the employees
Office Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brandenburg, KYOctober 21, 2015
a very good place to work. the pay isnt the greatest but they have good benefits and the people are always friendly and helpful. great job to return too
Interesting
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, MSOctober 14, 2015
Traveling. Communication. Attempting to reach the clients.
I learned that some people don't want improvement, they just want medicine or a check. Management was okay, always room for improvement. Coworkers were great. Hardest part of the job was worrying about safety. The mos enjoyable part of the job was knowing I made a difference with some of the clients.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Double standards
Work
Residential Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 15, 2015
I worked as a Residential Therapy Technician, assisting clients with Developmental Disabilities. I thoroughly enjoyed the job, but it was a 35 mile one-way commute.
Learning experience
Counselor Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 3, 2015
Learning experience.
Flexible schedule
Work with a diverse population
Able to provide assistance to those in need
Help people achieve their recovery
Pros
Diverse population
Cons
To many people not following the guidlines
Productive and laid back while helping others
Personal caregiver/Respite (Current Employee) –  New Haven, KYJuly 20, 2015
I get to work with both a team and/or individually, in my home while helping others. I have learned to manage time better/multitask. I enjoy that it's a familiar setting and laid back.
Pros
work at home
Cons
not full time
there is not enough clear training
Billing and Collections Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  cincinnati ohioJuly 8, 2015
I think that this is a good company but they definitely need to have better training in place for new employees. it has good working conditions and hours
Pros
good pay and good job location
Cons
not enough clear and complete training
extremely high volume of workload per person, compensation average, hours were good, coworkers were great
Accounts Payable Processor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 22, 2015
very high volume, co-workers are great people to work with, hours are great for my schedule, can be stressful and busy most day, nothing has been too complicated to learn
enjoyed this job
Office Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  hardinsburg kyMay 4, 2015
answering phones
scheduling appointments
reports
mail
anwsered emails
kept track of wellness for therapist
closed the office daily
general office duties
Pros
employee appreciation day
Cons
no break room
Used to be a great job
CDO Specialist-Part Time (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMay 4, 2015
This used to be a great job when I worked there previously but, unfortunately, the boss that they have in charge (now) of the department I work in is terrible. He has no idea what he is doing, he doesn't know how to motivate his workers, he talks down to them like dogs, and is an absolute hypocrite.
Pros
The place, in general, pays fairly decently.
Cons
They hire incompentent management.
Working for communicare
CLS (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYApril 22, 2015
A typical day is I wake my son up get him ready for school then we work on goals like him dressing himself, learning to go to the bathroom and just day to day routines
Not about the individuals
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYApril 20, 2015
A lot of things changed while i was at communicare. The company is no longer about what is best for the individuals. It is now all about money which has caused a dip in service quality.