COMMUNICARE Employee Reviews

Fun environment
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2017
This office I was mainly back office. I worked with 6 different doctors. For every doctor there were 2 assistants. I also assisted the Hygienist and was in charge of restocking the hygiene rooms. I really enjoyed this office. There were monthly meetings for both locations. Hire management was awesome, benefits were great. This company offered a lot to the employees. I was let go for not renewing my license on time. It said inactive even though it was going through the mail. For some reason, it was not letting me renew online. The renewal office said it was due to my first time renewing. I am on a rehire status for Communicare.
Pros
Did a lot of chair side, monthly meetings for all offices
Cons
not too understandable about my renewal situation
Loved my internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJuly 9, 2017
The internship I had at Communicare was absolutely amazing. My supervisor went above and beyond and I learned more than I could have ever imagined. There is a laid back environment that allows for comfort and feeling welcomed.
Communicare was very warm and caring. It gave employees and clients room to grow
Internship (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 24, 2017
The staff was very seasoned and provided great feedback and guidance to the interns that were new to the field. They often seemed overworked but worked to the best of their abilities to complete the task that were before them. Communicare was like a family and clients could feel that upon entering the building.
Pros
Effective team meetings, group outings, free spirited environment
Cons
Overworked staff
Not great
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDMay 3, 2017
Not the greatest company to work for. They didn't treat staff very fair, don't pay fair wages. I relocated to Wyoming is the reason I finally quit. Not the best
Good Place to Start
School Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSApril 24, 2017
Communicare is a good job to help advance your career. There are certain difficulties such as keeping up with the amount of required hours. The best part is working with patients and their family.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Keeping up with required hours.
Low pay & high caseloads
Support Broker (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYApril 24, 2017
They give you the maximum amount of consumers on your caseload, and they do not ever give raises in this department. You are overworked as a support broker; and trying to take time off is a joke because nobody wants to cover your caseload while they already have the maximum amount of consumers allowed by the state.
very productive
Respite Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Bardstown, KYApril 24, 2017
I work for nephew and he usually comes to my house. He is 13 so he teaches me a lot on our adventurous journeys. He teaches new songs to sing and how to play basketball.
Pros
I get to work for my nephew
Cons
the pay is at a minum
Needs improvement
DDID (Former Employee) –  DDIDApril 10, 2017
Not paid for responsibility of work. "Good ole boy system". Writeups not consistent. Need better pay to get better workers. Do not trust upper management.
Pros
Family first
Cons
Pay and benefits
Great work environment
Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYApril 6, 2017
I enjoyed working with my co workers and learned a lot from them and we worked well together. A typical day at work sometimes was stressful, because at times it was hard contacting the families.
Pros
free trainings
Cons
short lunch breaks
typical day
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 26, 2017
a typical day is providing care for adolescent at a recovery center,Running life skills group for clients,Observing clients in daily activities, Support clients in life changing opportunity. proving clients with a structured environment, helping the deal with their problems, providing them tools deal with every day life situations. through the 7 challenges approach.
what I have learned is how to be empathic when dealing with my clients and their problems. to not to take things personal when things don't turn out the way you want them too. management- is lacking some time. on my shift I never see my manager even when problems occur he not there. though you can call him and he does get back to you. when problems occur on the unit he no there. work place culture is loud, always busy taking care of needs, sealing with problems that has occurred. hardiest part of the job is dealing with others negative attitudes, when other don't do their part and you have to pick up the slack. not feeling supported by co-works or manager. the enjoyable part is being able to do what you love to do, helping others get through and deal with their problems. being able to impacts others lives with my experiences, education.
Pros
your able to interact with clients
Cons
low pay, no raises, no chance of moving up in th e company, lack of communication
Nursing Supervisor
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Poland, OHJanuary 17, 2017
Learned many management skills in my several years on the job as a Director of Nursing. Enjoy interaction with residents.
Decent place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 16, 2017
The staff is always very helpful and ready to answer any question you have. Training is adequate for the positions you apply for. The work to life ratio is generally pretty good, but overtime is most always available.
good place to work
STNA (Current Employee) –  Green, OHNovember 25, 2016
Good place to work. No day is ever the same and I have learned a lot from working here the past few years. Management is great .
Excellent small business with flexibility.
Clinical Director / Speech Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NY 13421November 2, 2016
Flexible schedule and supportive team environment. Primarily pediatric home care and some classroom based speech therapy with children with developmental disabilities.
Columbus HealthCare
Assistant Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 6, 2016
I enjoyed working for this community. My job has been eliminated. The community itself is woderful. Good staff, mgmt. I do not appreciate how I was notified of my job being eliminated. This was to be a full time position when I was hired. I feel duped. They knew from my resume that I am not a "job jumper" and that I was looking for longevity.
required, unpaid overtime, poor salary & unfair benefits.
Support Broker (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KY 42701September 5, 2016
A decent first job. Terrible compensation with terrible insurance & benefits. A single person cannot survive on salary.
great opportunity for gaining experience
Intern/ therapist (Former Employee) –  109 Bradford AveJune 24, 2016
valuable experience and opportunity to expand your portfolio and expertise. Agency is very well known, however it is very hard to balance work and life because of the amount of hours required for the agency.
learning, teaching, fun work pace
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weiser, IDJune 14, 2016
Typical day at work is like, standard routine with love and some negativity from the clients. I learned to have more patience and communication skills with co-workers and clients. Management is great with lots of understanding, love, care, and team work. Co-workers are easy going. Hardest part of the job was finding coverage, and not becoming emotionally attached. Most enjoyable part of the job was when the clients become emotional involved with me.
Pros
free, lunch, dinner and mostly love from your clients
Cons
finding someone to cover a work shift
a decent company
Resident Aide (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJune 5, 2016
this is a decent company for people that just need some extra money. management sucks when it comes to the job itself but are really cool otherwise. You have your lazy employees as in any job. alot of useful training that they teach and plenty of room for advancement as you further your education. the pay sucks when youre in an entry level position even if you have years of experience. I dont like that they say that you job comes before your kids, family and school. 12 hour days are long without a break. will put you on various shifts even if you only want to work a specific one. high turnover rate. plenty of overtime
Pros
can get alot of hours, great benefits, cool employees
Cons
no lunch breaks, dont work with you on scheduling, working every weekend
exccited placw to be working at
SUPERVISOR OF MEDICAL RECORDS (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMarch 25, 2016
fun excited do what you are there for and go home talking to different people and clients every day and helping the nurses when needed.