COMMUNICARE

COMMUNICARE Employee Reviews

enjoyed this job
Office Support Specialist (Former Employee), hardinsburg kyMay 4, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation day
Cons: no break room
answering phones
scheduling appointments
reports
mail
anwsered emails
kept track of wellness for therapist
closed the office daily
general office duties
Used to be a great job
CDO Specialist-Part Time (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYMay 4, 2015
Pros: The place, in general, pays fairly decently.
Cons: They hire incompentent management.
This used to be a great job when I worked there previously but, unfortunately, the boss that they have in charge (now) of the department I work in is terrible. He has no idea what he is doing, he doesn't know how to motivate his workers, he talks down to them like dogs, and is an absolute hypocrite.
WORKING FOR COMMUNICARE
CLS (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYApril 22, 2015
A TYPICAL DAY IS I WAKE MY SON UP GET HIM READY FOR SCHOOL THEN WE WORK ON GOALS LIKE HIM DRESSING HIMSELF, LEARNING TO GO TO THE BATHROOM AND JUST DAY TO DAY ROUTINES
Not about the individuals
Case Manager (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYApril 20, 2015
A lot of things changed while i was at communicare. The company is no longer about what is best for the individuals. It is now all about money which has caused a dip in service quality.
Small agency
Special Education Itinerant Teacher (Current Employee), Oneida, NYApril 12, 2015
I absolutely love my job at Communicare. The reason I am choosing to look elsewhere is there is not enough availablility of hours for this position.
No Money for repairs
Facilities Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Boardman, OHMarch 19, 2015
Pros: gained experience
Cons: financial troubles
Repair requisitions always denied and companies financials decline. High employee/management turn over. Low end of employee compensation in this area.
Summary
Technical instructor (Current Employee), Kuna, IDFebruary 21, 2015
CPR Certified, Assisting Clients to live as normal life as possible. Ease defined job requirements and training to support it
Worked extremely long hours with no relief, lunch or breaks and then took work home to finish it. No positive feedback.
Cardiac Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: mileage paid
Cons: long hours w/o compensation, no lunch and no positive feedback
I gave everything mentally, physically and emotionally to work for this company to make life better for CHF patients and prevent them from returning to the hospital. My overall success was the percentage of heart failure patients that did not return to the hospital within a 5 month period of time. I base this not only on my knowledge but my compassion for the cardiac patients and their families. I believe the company and I do not have the same goals, compassion and understanding for the patients needs. Where some actually care about patients, some are very monetarily driven
An eventful place to work with people from every walk of life
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee), KYDecember 27, 2014
Pros: shift differential
Cons: pay scale
This company tries to compensate the employees to the best of their ability.
The job responsibilities can be daunting at times and very difficult.
Management backs you up 100%
Co-workers attempt to help everyone stay on the same page with the work load and current events
The hardest part of the job is that there is not any predictability. It is full of human error and there are tips and hints given to help maintain situations
The best part is that you meet and work with people that are forever impacting you
A typical day is passing meds, cleaning several times to include persons cared for, deescalate stressful situations and help individuals accomplish their goals
Very Unorganized....
Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Berea, OhDecember 22, 2014
Cons: to many to mention
Employees call off daily, making your work load and stress level exceed your pay rate. Since I have been with this company (2 months) floating Holidays have been taken away and we are forced to take 1 hr unpaid lunch breaks.
Busy and rewarding
Office Support Specialist (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYDecember 8, 2014
Checking in clients answering phones scheduling appointments great maagement
Poor communication and high expectations
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee), Oxford, MSDecember 3, 2014
This was a stepping stone into my career path. Case workers were overloaded with cases and were expected to take the blame for case managers before them.
I was there 9 months, and in that time I saw four case managers leave. It is rare to find someone who has been there over a year.
The hardest part of the job is having expectations placed on you that your superiors can not even match.
The most enjoyable part of this job is being in the field and working with the community and the therapist.
learning working environment
Case Manager (Current Employee), Water Valley, MSOctober 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: low pay
A typical day at work involves writing progress notes, scheduling clients for future appointments and visiting clients. My co-workers are friendly which makes the working environment pleasant. The hardest part of the job is maintaining consistent in visiting clients due to the amount of client I have. However, visiting clients is the most enjoyable oar of my job and assisting them in planning gals and achieving their goals.
Residential Assistant (Current Employee), Lebanon, KYMay 19, 2014
Pros: works well with my personal schedule
Cons: don't get health insurance with part time & not enough hours
During a typical day at work I take care of ladies with mental disabilities. I cook for them, clean, wash their laundry when needed, administer their medication.

I've learned how to properly care for someone other then myself. I've also learned CPR and first aid and been through all the required trainings.

I get along well with my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job personally for me would be learning and having patience. With individuals with special needs you need patience to work with them and to be able to help them.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my ladies happy and excited about something. I love working with them.
Overall wonderful and rewarding place to work for
Life Skills Specialist (Former Employee), Bloomfield Hills, MIMay 1, 2014
A day in the life at Communicare would be spent mostly working on life skills with the members of the rehabilitation center. Working there taught me how to have even more patience than I thought I would need, being that I worked in mental health for years prior. I really enjoyed my coworkers as well as the members in the company although things did not always go as planned in the company we always seemed to make the most of it with each other and made sure to work as a team. As far as the hardest part of the job, I would say there were things that may not have always been easy but considering what I got to be apart of every day I would say it was all worth it and all enjoyable in the end. I think the main thing I took away from that job was to always look for the positive in everything around you and always work together in any situation.
Wonderful job
Respite Care Provider (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYApril 13, 2014
Love working there cant get any better. If I could get more hours I would never leave this job
The fact that I was able to help client on a daily basis was amazing.
Mental health technician (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYNovember 18, 2013
Pros: always had a break, different people everyday, making connections
Cons: decreased hours.
My management was incredible and I learned so much in my time working with the company. They had extensive training that helped you further your career in so many ways. They are a company that wants to help you move up in the world. The hardest part was when the economy went down so did clientale which made our hours get cut drastically.
Exciting, loving, and fun experience.
Care Giver (Former Employee), Kuna, IDOctober 28, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: when it seemed like i wasn't able to successfully help them it would get frustrating.
Each day would consist of helping people with disabilities. I taught them living skills. I learned how to have patience. The management was excellent. They were very enthusiastic and encouraging. The co-workers were all friendly and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to the people I had met when I quit. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to successfully help others be more independent than they were before.
Fair environment
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee), Senatobia, MSSeptember 17, 2013
Cons: stressful
Counsel individuals daily, both children and adults with mental illnesses.
I take care of my special needs son.
Caregiver/Teacher (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KySeptember 12, 2013
I help my son with his educational, personal, developmental needs on a daily basis.

About COMMUNICARE

Communicare is a multifaceted charity and support agency based in Cannington. For more than 25 years, Communicare has offered – Read more

COMMUNICARE Salaries