Communication Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible environment
Voice Support (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 14, 2016
Management will yell at you all day due to anger management issues and a lack of social competence. A high turnover rate of employees is a red flag that the company has difficulty retaining employees due to the stressful work conditions. Management will turn up music on the weekends with speakers making it impossible do perform job duties while on the phone and then come up with an excuse to justify it. Management constantly threatens punishment via termination as a least efficient behavior change method. Management is not receptive to employee feedback and has a paternalistic and hierarchical leadership structure. Upper Management is primarily Euro-American males.
Pros
NOthing
Cons
Managment yelling at you all day.
Repetitive, But fun workplace with constantly changing management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 2, 2015
Typical work day would start off very slow, deposits and clean up done from the day before. Then customers flow steadily throughout the day, more so on weekends.

I learned the systems of working at a 3rd party retailer for AT&T services and products.

Management consistently changed during my tenure there.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers with prepaid services

Personally met lots of people in the norman area that were eager to bring me to their place of employment.

Small company with a corporate like business structure
Pros
Hours were decent, always interesting
Cons
Benefits weren't very good and management constantly changed
Chinese Sweat Shop
Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 13, 2016
Communication Solutions is hands down the absolute worst place I have ever worked! They're completely unprofessional, unpredictable, and unreliable. They "keep track" of your hours, no clock on or docking sheet whatsoever and refuse to fix their mistakes. I was stripped of every dollar of commission as well as attendance bonus even though I had immaculate sales and perfect attendance. My former manager had run the floor for 3 years, they removed all of the tenured agents to inbound leaving her with newbies, therefore setting her up for failure and tossed her back on phones. The people are vile, and rude. CS as a whole is negative and they are truly con artists. I would NEVER refer anyone to work there! It is so wretched I've contacted the BBB and have discussed options with a few attorneys.
Pros
Cons
EVERYTHING
Sales Call Center
Inbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 27, 2015
Basically if you don't make sales, you will be fired at some point. Its a normal sales call center, if you have worked in call centers you get it, if not, well you better be ready to not take no for an answer!! If you don't make sales, well, they will threaten your job daily...that is just how it is!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
management sucks, they pick favorites, usually its the one making sales that week.
Good hours, Decent pay, but poor work environment
telemarketing (Former Employee) –  Joplin MoAugust 31, 2015
The place is ran by high school kids. Literally. Very screwy place too. They will tell you that you owe hours when you don't. The managers pick favorites. I got lucky and had the only good maneger on the campaign I was on. Still had to deal with the other ones who where fresh out of high school. This is a great job for high school kids. Most people who work there are high school kids or people who have a bad record and can't get hired anywhere else. Lots of drama and people who do drugs.
Pros
Breaks, good hours, overtime if needed.
Cons
bad management, lots of yelling, rude people, screwy people
your just a butt in the chair
customer care representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield moAugust 26, 2015
I was there for around 4 months they hire a ton of people and then fire them all, there's no job security at all. The calls are back to back and yet they still let people go they have managers on the call floor to keep the calls down.. Most of the managers think there better than you. Also if you miss one day you get wrote up and you loose your attendance bonus so if you miss one day its around $130 gone.
Pros
free holiday lunch
Cons
horrible bathrooms, no job security
Easy and fun
Sales Rep. (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 1, 2016
The managers are fun and very friendly. I enjoyed helping people and talking to people face to face. I worked in the mens department and every single person was wonderful and helpful
Pros
company kitchen
Cons
non
bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 14, 2016
Terrible company to work for . Paychecks always late and incorrect amount and management will not correct it.
Not the best
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMay 25, 2016
Worked for commsol for over a year. It was not the best experience I have ever had. They would say one thing and do another.
terrible company Run!! the high stars reviews are from mgmt
outbound (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 16, 2015
They yell all the time at you! your going to call people who have been called many times a day. your not going to sale anything to a willing customer. They call it a hard close when you kinda force people into something they don't want to do.
Pros
Cons
everything
Fun Co-Workers but Not emotionally good place to work at
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 11, 2016
The people you call can be very rude and hurtful.
The managers didn't seem to care too much.
Co-workers made it tolerable to work at.
Communication Solutions
Expert (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 19, 2015
While working as a Customer Service Expert for the past (4) years my job was largely associated with providing a powerful, positive customer service experience that reflects on every one of our clients, while answering the phones, gathering information and scheduling appointments. My experiences as a Customer Service Expert taught me to be more compassionate, patient and understanding of others.
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 6, 2015
On a typical day one would answer 30- 40 calls per day relating to new set ups as well as billing questions. The managers work close to employees to make sure they succeed.
Pros
Commission
Cons
short breaks
Good coworkers, helpful management, and flexible scheduling.
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 27, 2015
The hardest part of my job is the repetitive actions of calling day in and day out, also being in a chair not moving is a bummer to. The new management is really great and helpful. My coworkers are the best, every time I'm feeling down or i need help they are always right there for me.
Pros
Locked in hours, Occasional fun events, occasional free lunch
Cons
short breaks and lunch, repetitive, small bays
non professional bar atmosphere
agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 24, 2015
A bunch a teenagers and druggies with filthy mouths work there. I have never heard such language in my life. Managers did not care about professionalism and often acted as bad as the teenagers.
love rewards for exceeding goals
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 26, 2015
Clean bay, good phone etiquette, and a positive attitude are daily essentials. Excellent product knowledge coupled with dedication to customer satisfaction would be the main cause for most kudos calls and respected sales numbers.
Pros
friendly work enviroment
Cons
short breaaks
fun and productive workplace very nice working conditions.
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 19, 2015
typical day included a team meeting at the start of the day then prepared for cold calling then proceed to call prospect customers for a few hours till lunch then after lunch have another team meeting talking about what challenges or obstacles we had to over come to make a sale after which we dialed more until it was time to go home.
Pros
had a gaming station you could play during lunch/break
Cons
the noise of all the other employees talking at once in a small area.
A lot of yelling
Hiree (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 7, 2015
Managers and employees do a lot of yelling all day long despite employees trying to talk on the phone with customers. They don't tell you during the interview or training that you will be yelled at and it will be really noisy.
Cons
Yelling
Interesting place to work
Business Intelligence SQL Database Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TxOctober 9, 2012
Communication Solutions was more of a learning experience for me than anything. Working here was a stepping stone for my career. The biggest thing that I accomplished was reverse engineering the sales import process. It took me 5 months to try to rescrap the process from scratch, especially with a process that I did not create.
Pros
i had my own office, tolerable environment.
Cons
i came in at a time where a lot of transitions were taking place.
never happy with anything
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 17, 2014
they were horrible with there employees, my daycare called and said I had to come get my baby bc he was sick, they told me it was unacceptable and I had to find someone to watch him and come back or I would get wrote up. They are always shorting ppl on their commission and paychecks.
Pros
as many hrs you need
Cons
no work/life balance

2.9