Communication Employee Reviews

Had potential
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 7, 2016
Dying business with no attention from higher up. TTY communication is needed less and less due to the availability of the internet, text messaging, video relay service. In fact, CEO is more focused on the video end of the business so the TTY service is quickly becoming neglected and obsolete except for those becoming deaf as senior citizens. Love my fellow employees, but the turnover is so high it increases stress on those who are still there. There is very low compensation for a job that requires two surveys a month, quarterly typing tests at 60 wpm that you must pass to keep your job, and other requirements.
Pros
Helping the deaf and hard of hearing
Cons
Health Care is the worst! Pay is very low.
Laid back job with decent earning potential
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  32ns St. Joplin, MO 64801September 26, 2016
If you are looking for a laid back place to work with extra earning potential Communications solutions is not a bad place to start.
Pros
Can make extra money via commission/ laid back environment
Cons
Low quality products/ not enough extra earning potential to become wealthy/
Excellent Entry Level Sales Job
Head Trainer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 20, 2016
Communication Solutions was perfect for me when I started in the telecommunications industry. It was my first sales job, the environment was fun and laid back which was exactly what I was looking for. As I have grown and expanded my work history and professionalism I am looking for something more structured.
Pros
Free lunches, laid back enviorment
Cons
Lack of professionalism, poor management
Great coworkers but management had some issues.
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 10, 2016
I worked there for close to a year and had only some issues with management, their systems also had a few problems which would cause issues with my hours and the systems.
Pros
Good pay, fun people, easy job
Cons
Not very good with paying attention to real issues, management did not care about employees, systems
miserable work enviroment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 18, 2016
high turn over, poor management, low wages. this is not a job that you want. only 1/20 temps get hired on, and it often takes them over a year to do so. way too much overflow product laying around the warehouse as well..
No order
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 30, 2016
People come and go as they please. People get pulled from place to place on the drop of a dime. Not well organized. I did, however, like where I was pull on click to chat.
Fun and competitive place
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 29, 2016
Typical day at work would be like hitting the floor running. If you like a fast-past and competitive work environment with good pay and room for advancement, this would be perfect. I've learned from this company that you are in charge of your outcome in rewards, if you work hard, your pay and bonuses can be pretty satisfactory. Management is my favorite, they work with you as much as they can and never let a great job go unnoticed. The co-workers are also team players and strive to work productively to achieve the goals of sales. The hardest part of the job is having to pull for those that lack the enthusiasm to be productive. The most enjoyable part of the job is the down to earth manager whom can balance being a good coach, friend and manager at the same time.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Non productivity
Laid Back
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 1, 2016
It is laid back and pretty relaxing. High sales is mandatory. The managers and everyone is very friendly. I enjoy working with the people who work here.
Pros
company kitchen
Cons
health insurance
Part-time polling position, difficult and challenging
Telephone Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 26, 2012
The work day was afternoon shift. I learned to use then-new computer technology while polling people nationwide on phone. The pace was sometimes stressful due to getting compliance from people called, meeting management quotas, and meeting supervisors' expectations. The work was usually interesting since we polled citizens on political and social questions. Much time burning with no-calls and unresponsive calls.
Pros
interesting polling across the united states, particularly about candidates, the elections, and opinions about national concerns.
Cons
stress, pressure and difficult polls (calling people, especially about politics).
Good Work Enviorment.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 20, 2012
We would have a meeting before we started off the work day, and inbetween breaks to review where we at and how much of what we need to sell. I learned that being a Telemarketer is not for everyone, because you have to be able to handle people being very rude. Management was really good where i was, they made our job as fun as they could even with a little bit of team competitions. The hardest part of the job over all was mainly selling as much as you could with out the sell getting rejected because you didnt say something right or gave them false information. I enjoyed being able to talk to many different people around the U.S and trying to provide them with better services then what they currently had.
Pros
great work enviorment
Cons
hardly no breaks
Lovely residents, lovely aides, lovely workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 19, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed helping these people. My co workers were great, and the relationships that I had with the residents made the whole job worthwhile.
Compulsory military service
Corporal (Former Employee) –  Pong-Hu, TaiwanFebruary 5, 2014
It's a compulsory military service for male in Taiwan. People can learn a great leadership and teamwork skill in the military service
Typical Call Center
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin MOJanuary 4, 2013
Very high turn over rate, limited time in training to memorize stuff, decent job for a high school student