Communities For People, Inc Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Very nurturing agency
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 6, 2017
This agency is very family oriented. The youth served not only have to do what is required, but they ensure these youth have weekly paid and unpaid activities. The staff are very nurturing. From the time you walk through the doors of this agency, the atmosphere is so friendly, you will wish you worked for this agency.
Not happy with this place
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAOctober 18, 2017
The culture is horrible management is not for the children's benefits, just their own. No one is genuinely looking out for the children in management but some caring counselors.
Pros
Provides shelter, food and transportation for residents.
Cons
Everything else is wrong!
Residential Clinician (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 26, 2017
Fun place to work and extremely supportive team environment. There are people that have worked at C4P for a number of years. They offer advanced placement to workers.
enjoyed the kids
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 15, 2017
I truly don't want to fill this section out. There is no money in human services, however I truly was there for my kids. I enjoyed them so much and that is my absolute passion. I would not have left if I did not need to.
I do it for the kids and the reward, not the pay
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 15, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the clients. It is most rewarding for me when a client is discharged and say thank you, or when a client leaves our program, matures and comes back and says thank you, or that they appreciate the structure and support i provided because it allowed them to be a success story.
Loaded with passionate child welfare workers
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 13, 2014
Worked hard and played hard with some passionate, driven , child welfare centered colleagues.
Feels like a family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 4, 2013
Learned to handle office duties and accreditation duties as well. Learned to manage difficult families and clients, including episodes of mental health-crises and occasional aggression in the office. I was able to learn the Rhode Island and Massachusetts standards for child care. I learned the ins and outs of the journey from applying to be a foster parent, til the day the adoption is finalized.
By typing, organizing, and auditing case files, I was able to observe and learn about the mental health programs and services around the state.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the employee energy and passion.

The least enjoyable part was supervising clients while handling front office duties.
Pros
Wonderful people, good cause, comfortable working environment
Cons
Security varies, constant interruptions, poor supervision
Good experience
First Year Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 25, 2013
Got to understand the DCYF system of Rhode Island and work with families and youth who are involved in the system of care.
LEARNED a great deal and was given important responsibilities.
Database Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 23, 2012
LEARNED a great deal and was given important responsibilities. Created IMPORTANT database Reports used by decision makers. Gave me a feeling of significant satisfaction that work was useful and used.
Dynamic office environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 24, 2012
A typical day at work involved filing, copying, answering the phones, organizing meeting space, taking messages, editing and mailing reports, greeting visitors, monitoring youth while staff attended meetings, managing emotional and physical outbursts by youth by calling in proper personnel, monitoring behavior and reporting activity to supervisors.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the clerical work, file auditing and spreadsheet maintaining. Editing, formatting, and improving current files and documents was also a highlight of the job.
The hardest part of the job was managing employees, youth, and their families who occasionally became hostile or irrational.
Co-workers varied from program to program and I found that I bonded most with the professionals who maintained proper boundaries with clients and were appropriately mannered and dressed for our line of work.
Management was lacking in certain programs and I found that often times, I was left to alert supervisors to disciplinary issues and work-related errors that I observed at the front desk.
I learned that sometimes you have to take initiative to fill in when others are not pulling their weight.
Pros
often slow-paced, wonderful boss, enjoyable tasks
Cons
sometimes not enough work, moderate threat of workplace violence