COMMUNITY ACCESS Employee Reviews

Easygoing
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 27, 2017
Job requires patience and and understanding that the care you're providing could be care that has to be provided for one of your own loved ones. It can be hard and stressful but that's every job.
unconcerned
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJune 25, 2017
when one of the clients assaulted me they had no concern for my well being
I had to write up report and they did no follow up other than making me feel like it was my fault and I was not immediately removed from the situation when it happened.
Pros
Cons
they should have taken me off job and to ER
A good place to start a career in the human service field
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
A good place to start a career in the human service field. Great Co-workers who care about the job. I learned how to be a productive worker, who is reliable and able to communicate with management, program staff and participants.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
compensation
Productive and fun work day
Cook, Clean (Former Employee) –  Greenville TxMay 17, 2017
Community Access is a very balanced work place and really a team job. Its alot of different things you learn everyday while working with the clients. The things i enjoyed was being able to cook and also eat with the clients.
Pros
Eat with clients
Staff feel like family
Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2017
Staff in many of the programs at Community Access feel like family and support one another that way. Most supervisors are very caring and invested in their employee's well-being.
Pros
Benefits packages
productive
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 10, 2017
dealing with clients was great. Feed them , help them bathe, take them out for some fun, take them to work and help them around. Teach them how to do things they don't know how to do.
Pros
working with clients
Cons
company issues
Wouldn't recommend it
Housing Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2017
Management is horrible. Company does not care about employees. Too much work for such little pay. Also, there is no structure as a whole. Residents are able to do any & everything without repercussion.
fun teaching dance
Dance Teacher (Former Employee) –  Great Barrington, MAApril 18, 2017
I enjoyed working with special needs people and teaching them dance. All managers were great. It was a little long for a commute though. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be involved in my art form.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 11, 2017
i worked helping disabled people live and do things that we do in everyday life. I loved the work I was doing because I love to help people. Management was not to bad.
Great company
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 6, 2017
loved the workers and the building was kept in great condition
we need more pay for the maintenance workers because they are the ones making sure the building is keep clean
Productive and generous staff
Property Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10004April 4, 2017
Learned there is always people looking for housing. How to work with tenants with mental disability. The hardest part of my job will be apartment inspection that's conducted every 6 months.The most enjoyable part will be interviewing applicants to move forward to having their first apartment. Enjoy volunteering for Gala, company parties, June Wellness,.
Pros
Parties and cookout for tenants bounding
Cons
Hour break
Non-for-profit with mission to serve the mentally disabled
Senior Property Manager and Legal Counsel (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2017
Community Access is a non-profit organization that provides housing and services for people with psychiatric disabilities. I currently serve as in-house counsel and senior property manager for approximately one thousand leaseholds throughout the city. In addition to extensive litigation practice in The New York Civil Court and practice in New York Supreme Court, the position requires advice and counsel on a range of issues, including policy, legal requirements, health and safety standards, and liability assessments.
stress full
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 27, 2017
After you get used to the clients, you have to worry about getting thrown under the bus by management. CA is very clickish, if you do not conform keep your head low. Care for clients is ridiculously embarrassing. consumer do not have the things they need to keep their homes clean and many staff bu out of pocket to provide the well needed supplies to preform such job. Clients are abused and not reported.
No room for advancement, they will promote you then dissolve you position. forcing to go take a lower paying position. no pay raise once you cap 9.25... They have you sign stuff that you dont have access to later. a very corrupt and greedy company.
Pros
building positive relationships with clients
Cons
management
company is ok
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2017
company is a great place to build, I worked here for several years, manager is good the pay is low and benefits are also low.
Job itself is fun, and clients make the job enjoyable.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 8, 2017
A typical day at work consists of coming in, cooking, passing meds, showering residents, feeding residents. Assisting with using the restroom and changing with necessary. Cleaning the house, doing laundry, daily reports on the residents. I learned to appreciate life and the people I come in contact with on a daily basis. You take for granted what you have in life till you see someone who has very little compared to you. Management was pretty good about being there when needed, some just weren't as available as others which made my job difficult. Coworkers were great overall, we all worked as a team. The hardest part of my job was dealing with residents behavior issues. The most enjoyable part of my job was leaving knowing I helped somebody and was able to make someone smile that day.
Cons
Pay, Lack of appreciation
rewarding job
Consumer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Wolfforth, TXAugust 1, 2016
this job is definitely not for the weak at heart. you definitely can not be there just for a paycheck. loved my clients. its such a rewarding job and to watch them overcome obstacles daily is an amazing feeling. Hardest part is staff constantly calling in, it never failed 6 days out of the work week someone called in.
Pros
clients were super sweet
Cons
staff constantly called in
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 19, 2016
This company is an excellent company to work for. this company even gives its residence employment and offer support
Productive & informative company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2016
This company provides great servics for all needs. A secure facility & a great variety of friendly staff. You learn about other services that are not mentioned on a regular day basis. They go above & beyond to help all tenants & staff.
CA has an important mission and I was glad to be a part of it.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2016
Working at CA was very fulfilling. I would like to continue my work in the peer field. My colleagues and I worked very hard to provide the best possible services for all program participants.
community access
Mental Health Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2016
its great, the culture is great, the staff is great. Overall is a humbling experience to work for a great company.
I love the fact that I was able to gain the experience working for community access.
Pros
staff, privacy
Cons
there are none