Community Action Corporation of South Texas Employee Reviews

Awful place to work for
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sinton, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Save yourself do not work here, the area manger is stuipd and believes everything she hears.cluster manger lies and get remember anything she says or tell you to do. I was let go for someone else poor mistake.
Pros
Cons
Bad management
The job was great, worst management I have ever experienced
Weatherization Technician (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 27, 2017
Job itself was great, and very rewarding by helping those who need help. Great hours, and pto. Had the chance to meet a lot of good poeple that would help you out.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Being let go for other peoples mistakes. Poor supervisors
Fun and productive place
Navigator (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXOctober 4, 2017
It was fun and exciting. Went out to community events and met a lot of people while providing outreach and education to the community. I truly loved working there.
Pros
exciting and fun
Cons
Productive and fun workplace, but does not always promote from within.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXAugust 18, 2017
Excellent workplace experience...

So far in life this has been the best work opportunity I have been given.

I only wish I had pushed myself to go to school earlier in life and pursue an associates or bachelors degree, because without one in my position there is very little room for promotion.

Would I work here again?

Yes, I would.
Pros
Pto, Benefits, lots of Holidays.
Cons
I would recommend coming in with an Associates Degree +
Medical Billing/Coding/Insurance Specialist II - Alice Family Health, Alice OB/GYN Centers
Medical Billing/Coding/Insurance Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXFebruary 14, 2017
I had 4 doctors to enter billing and coding for. I also posted incoming payments of all sorts, insurance, medicare, private, etc. I loved working with my co-workers and patients. Management was inconsistent, chain of command was constantly changing but the management people were good. I think this is a company problem.
Pros
Working with the other employees
Great benefits & PTO
Outreach & Enrollment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXFebruary 3, 2017
In a typical day in my last position I fulfilled clerical tasks of opening and closing the facility, taking applications, meeting deadlines and assisting clients. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues. I transferred out to another Community Action department.
Outreach & Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alice, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Helping clients who are in neis the most rewarding part of the job. The hardest part of the job is not being able to assist clients in certain situations. The workplace culture is great.
A great place to work
MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING SPECIALIST II (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXFebruary 4, 2014
A great place to work. If you like a challenge this is the place work.
Family friendly, rewarding workplace
Family & Children's Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXNovember 5, 2012
The environment at a Head Start center is fun and focused on helping children and their families reach their full potential.
easy job no stressful by all means
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXOctober 10, 2012
love my elderly people, made time fly by all the travel that was made, so many plates to deliver,typical days at work were kind of difficult because sometimes we were short handed. and ive learned patience along the way,
Pros
free lunches were provided we used company van and gas
Cons
short breaks couldnt leave for break