Helping People...Changing Lives.
Established in 1965, Community Action Partnership of Kern (CAPK) administers close to a dozen programs aimed at meeting children, families and individuals at their point of need, for those who have had difficulty engaging the “American Dream.”
The work of CAPK touches the lives of more than 150,000 of your neighbors, co-workers, family and friends annually, by:
• Distributing 13 million pounds of food for the food insecure;
• Delivering nutrition to 20,000 women, infants and children;
• Serving more than 900,000 meals to Head Start and Summer Meals Program children;
• Providing utility assistance for 9,400 families;
• Offering after-school and summer programs for 389 at-risk youth at two youth centers;
• Delivering early childhood education and preschool to some 3,000 Head Start children;
• Answering over 101,000 calls for human and social services referrals through 2-1-1 Kern County.
The Promise of Community Action:
Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.
Community Action Partnership of Kern shall provide and advocate for resources that will empower the clients in our care to become self-sufficient – less
9 salaries reported
$14.52 per hour
10 salaries reported
$11.64 per hour
7 salaries reported
$13.60 per hour