Community Action Partnership Employee Reviews

Hard working teachers
Center Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 8, 2016
This is a highly political work place and there is a current culture of volatility. There has been large turn over in staff in the last few years so there is a feeling of instability and lack of leadership. There are many changes taking place that may change the culture, but overall the working community is very disgruntled and feeling very underappreciated. The teachers are hard working, dedicated individuals that take a very difficult job and tackle it head on.
Pros
wonderful teachers
See Resume
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILSeptember 8, 2016
I enjoy working for Community Action Partnership of Lake County

It is about helping people changing lives. The employees are very diverse.

The hardest part of this job is seeing clients struggle and we are happy they are here for assistance with rent or weatherization in their home.
job was very productive.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILOctober 7, 2016
the job was fast paced and I loved it that way my day goes by so much faster I have no problem with that. They were a little rude sometimes but I got over it. other than that I loved my job there also.
Pros
some people were friendly, free lunch
Cons
my co workers were a little rude.
The 1st experience been a voluunter
Call Center Representative Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 5, 2016
Work in a organization that helps people with low income it was awesome because you have the opportunity for help people with a gas, electricity, food, clothes was an awesome experience.
wonderful place to work
Temporary Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canastota, NYNovember 8, 2016
The people and environment are wonderful; Currently working through an agency due to grant funding. Would love to become permanent, however, the grants are always a factor in hiring.
Fun and exciting workplace
Bus Aide/Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati OHNovember 16, 2016
This was the first job that I had working with children. This job gave me a good view on how it would be to work with all age groups. I learned so much from this job.
Good organization
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 21, 2016
Employees are passionate about the mission of community action, however, there is not much of a work-life balance. Management is open to new ideas but very cautious to implement them.
Pros
Good work environment and benefits
Cons
work-life balance
gained experience
Community Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 15, 2016
overall ok job but gained good experience wasnt to fond of higher management loved helping people in need out at times difficult situations were often being what the job consisted of but loved doing it. the best part was being able to help someone out in tough situations.
Pros
great schedule, great hours, good payand very flexible on time need off
Cons
unorganized, bad upper management, things never explained/trained improperly, no one was on the same page
Head Start
Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJune 30, 2016
Overall it is a great place for entering the early childhood education experience they receive lots of government funding that allows for a large budget in training their staff.
A fun place to work
Associate Teacher/Acting Teacher of Record (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 7, 2016
A fun place to work, children are excited to learn and that makes going to work easy, staff members are encouraging and help when they can. Administration helps and encourages.
Love working with the clients
WoRC Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalispell,MT. 59901January 29, 2016
I love working with the wide variety of clients that we cared for on a daily bases. I loved watching them address there barriers to employment and then take the steps it took to remedy them.
Pros
Family oriented enviroment
Cons
Micro Management Accurred when new HR and over all Director came in.
a very positve hard working workplace.
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Madera, CADecember 29, 2015
My typical day at work is be on time check my work, do the most important work/task first . Since i started working at Community Action Partnership i have learned that every jog or task is important. All my co-workers are very friendly and hard working ladies. I enjoy my job every day.
Pros
sometimes my co-workers bring food and share
Cons
no cons
Review
Community Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, IDApril 15, 2016
CAP "Community Action Partnership" has a excellent work atmosphere. The leadership at CAP is far above what a person can imagine.
benefits
Cons
non
Run for the hills, if you are an experienced professional.
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 28, 2016
Although the organization has been around for approximately 25 years, there has been constant turnover in top leadership for various reasons. The organization employs about 10-11 staff (which includes top management). A good number of the staff are recent college graduates with less than two years of work experience. Great staff and always willing to assist others when asked.

The upside to working at this organization is it gives college graduates a chance to get their feet wet while working in a "professional" environment. Warning! DO NOT linger... get in and out as soon as you can!

I could go on and on about the downside to working at CAP, but I rather save the energy. Suffice to say that if you have any kind of extensive work experience, this is not where you want to land unless your'e in transition or it is a means to an end.
Pros
great front line staff
Cons
Poor leadership across the board, inexperienced supervisor, unreasonable timelines to complete assignments, inconsistent priorities, what's a priority today is no longer a priority at all until months later without notice, low staff morale
Amazingly Friendly environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 28, 2015
On a typical day of my volunteer work I would first begin entering any new surveys into survey monkey. These surveys were question on how to improve the Elmwood Community Center and what the community thought we should add for free classes. I would later go on to helping the social service department. Either making calls to residents or making folders that would later help out a resident. On days that were slow I would help the volunteer coordinator wit h making copies and organizing her paper work. I would call residents to make sure they are attending meetings or the parent leadership program later that day. I learned to make surveys and input data. I learned the basics of a case managers job and I learned to be an office assistant. The people I got to work upon were amazing. I wouldn't have had it any other way. Everyone was friendly and caring. I enjoyed everyday there and every part of the day. I loved working in the environment and the office.
Family oriented organization
Parent Educator/Advocate (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAFebruary 10, 2016
It is rewarding working with at-risk families and providing them with the tools they need to be successful.

Management does not provide appropriate support as needed.
volunteer site
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJanuary 12, 2016
They do great work for people in the community who need assistance. Whether it is creating care packages of food for the poor or putting together lunch sacks for needy kids. All the work that is done at this facility is great.
Great place to work and wonderful co-workers
Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALAugust 18, 2015
Once again helping others to get the help they needed on a daily basis. I learned to look deeply into my community and those around me for others that could and were willing to help those in need.
the people I worked with were more than co-workers, they were friends and family.
The hardest part of the job was knowing that eventually the grant woould run out and I would have to move on.
Pros
Helping others and the work enviornment
Cons
Knowing it was only until the grant ran out
very fun place to work for..
Assistant Warehouse Manager / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 27, 2015
This place is a very fun work place i enjoyed every day i worked for Community Action Partnership they r very loving and caring..
Pros
free lunch fridays
Great working with children
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAOctober 5, 2015
I really like working here I was able to work with children and that was fun I also learned how to manage diffrent behaviors of children and how to approach situations. Met alot of diffrent people and I really like that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Action Partnership. Our community is ready to answer.