Community Action Partnership Employee Reviews

work culture
Head Start's Health (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 28, 2017
clique work environment and negative communication skills used amongst employees and managing staff members; the work with children and families is the highlight and joy of the job
Great group of young professionals
Journeyman Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 18, 2017
This is a great group of motivated individuals looking to best serve their clients and community. Some job roles can be challenging at times but also rewarding.
Great starter!
Client Services Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILAugust 9, 2017
You learn a lot about services that are offered to people in your area and being able to assist people is really rewarding. I would recommend someone looking into a social work career to work here.
worst work enviroment
HEAP Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 1, 2017
I will never work for this company again. More than 60% of your clients are very rude people. You have to buy your own supplies, otherwise you get a sticky pad, 2 pens, and highlighter. The program manager is horrible, she doesn't care about any of the departments, she's rude and really just makes work harder than what it really should be. We hardly ever got to take 15 min breaks because we were always soooo busy.
Pros
you might get a good hearted client
Cons
everything else
Great company to work for
BUYER II (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 30, 2017
The most enjoyable part of job was going out to bid on items from a pencil to a motor home. It was a lot of figuring out who the bid should go through if they passed. Contracts were the harder part of the job but got them written and done.
Pros
Great work atmosphere. Good benefits
Cons
Everyone wanting their stuff first.
Resourceful & Empowering,
LIHEAP SPECIALIST, MWA ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJuly 14, 2017
My day started at 8 am and ended at 5:30pm. Clients are to submit application to get approved for utility assistance. Once approved I would contact the utility company and pledge state funds to keep the clients utilities in service. Working in the LIHEAP department I have learned how great of a need there is for agencies like Community Action. I didn't have much of a manager. Just fellow co-workers. The hardest part was when the fund were depleted and we had to turn people away. The most enjoyable part was helping people in need and being able to re leave some stress off of others.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Turning them away without assistance
Unprofessional Working Environment
Compliance Analyst/HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH 45402July 6, 2017
Very unprofessional working environment where employees are not valued or respected. Additionally, adequate training was not provided for employees and therefore, they are being set up for failure.
Value added work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJune 26, 2017
Working for Community Action is a very worthwhile career. When assisting vulnerable populations to succeed and become stable is very rewarding. To be able to say I helped someone get back on their feet is beyond compare.
Fun and Continously Changing and Busy!
PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJune 20, 2017
Community Action Partnership was a wonderful place to work, everyday there was something new to learn and grow with the company and I loved every minute of it!
Pros
Team work
Cons
Had resign due to my father's illness
Many Staff can be absolutely vindictive toward clients
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Canastota, NYMay 30, 2017
I found that you can't work with catty women and CAP offices are filled with them! Once they feel personally slighted, forget about getting ANY help from them. They will, on purpose, send clients notifications denying them the help they need with absolutely false excuses why help was denied. Awful. If a person comes in for help and the staff or a staff person knows that person from YEARS ago, and felt slighted by that person in any way, they will turn down help! It was mind blowing to watch these nasty people at work, all on salaries or hourly wages paid for by donations and tax dollars.
Pros
Learned lots about other local human service agencies
Cons
Petty women on staff, a lot of behind the back digs at each other and at clients
Neat
Seasonal LIHEAP Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 23, 2017
Great team from management to social service workers. The job to have if you want to make a difference in the lives of others. Everyday the work you is fulfilling
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Low pay
My involvement with the city
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 4, 2017
Since I love my city when I was offered to help and volunteer for things with Community Action I took the chance. I was also in one of there programs for teens and I would be working with people I knew so it was easy and actually a very fun way to get involved with my city.
Great place to work for the first 10 years. New Executive Director turned the tables.
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 30, 2017
Learned a tremendous amount regarding a non-profit company. Good place to start a career. The new Executive Director had his own agenda and took the security and enthusiasm out of the work place.
Pros
Good place to start a career.
Cons
Lack of integrity from Executive Director and Board.
Another great pace to work
Family Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAMarch 29, 2017
Great balance in busy work place. Worked with great people in an environment in which we could all support and learn from each other. Great pay and great benefits as well. Supportive of continuing education.
Homeless Services Worker I
Homeless Services Worker I (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAMarch 2, 2017
Constantly evolving job experience, lot's of paperwork. Learned that I'm comfortable with the people but felt that the job requirements were extremely stressful. Management expects you to do things by the rules always, no deviation for any situation.
Teamwork is the most difficult part of the job, you rely on your team to have your back, but sometimes the team doesn't. Lot's of backstabbing.
Working at the night shelter is extremely difficult, you're given a break to sleep for only 3 hours. It sometimes takes an hour to get back into the swing of things.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay; while you're paid next to nothing, you feel that you're contributing to the success of the clients into self sufficiency.
Pros
Lot's of available work
Cons
Constant backstabbing, no teamwork, little recognition
Unoragnized
Nutritionist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 23, 2017
Did have some major quailties to working there, very hard working individuals at the executive level. Does take a lot of work when dealing with state issues. Need to be very outgoing.
Fun and exciting workplace
Bus Aide/Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati OHNovember 16, 2016
This was the first job that I had working with children. This job gave me a good view on how it would be to work with all age groups. I learned so much from this job.
Diverse workplace an asset to the community
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 10, 2016
A typical day at work was never the same. I helped diverse groups with different problems. I learned how to keep records in a computerized system. I learned the programs offered by the company. I interpret the company's mission. my co workers worked together as a team. The hardest part of the job was not being able to assist everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job was the small difference made in a customers situation.
wonderful place to work
Temporary Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canastota, NYNovember 8, 2016
The people and environment are wonderful; Currently working through an agency due to grant funding. Would love to become permanent, however, the grants are always a factor in hiring.
job was very productive.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILOctober 7, 2016
the job was fast paced and I loved it that way my day goes by so much faster I have no problem with that. They were a little rude sometimes but I got over it. other than that I loved my job there also.
Pros
some people were friendly, free lunch
Cons
my co workers were a little rude.