Community Action Partnership

Community Action Partnership United States Employee Reviews

busy enviroment
Customer Service (Training) (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJanuary 19, 2015
such a fun company to work at, great people. work stations were always so organized, multitasking plus.
Amazing work place environment
Human Resource and Finance Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: board of directors turnover
During my tenure at the Community Action Partnership, my day was filled with opportunities to share with amazing people. The atmosphere was enjoyable and the leadership was very caring!
Positive team atmophere, fast paced, detailed, work independently, no room for advancment.
Energy Program Manager (Current Employee), Lewiston, IDOctober 28, 2014
Pros: ability to take personal time off and make up your hours throughout the week
Cons: no advancement opportunitys.
Community Action Partnership (CAP) is a rewarding and during energy season is a fast paced job, which requires attention to detail while being sensitive to our community members needs and circumstances.
My typical day is assist with solving computer or procedure issues, spreadsheet monitoring for funding, continuing education, and working very closely with the state of Idaho with improvements and access for energy assistance protocols.

The tools I have learned through my years of experience as a manager 1998- current is that you don’t need to micromanage staff for a positive outcome, but to teach your staff how to complete task with education and self empowerment to make great judgment calls with the materials and training you have created for your team.

The team work and willingness of administration to ensure all staff are assisted and provide continuing education is a great benefit.

The hardest part of my position as an Energy Program Manager would have to be not being physically available at each site for those times when staff may need additional attention to complete assigned tasks.

The most enjoyable part of my position would be the staff/coworkers. This environment is very positive and supportive here at CAP
GREAT!
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 10, 2014
Community Action Partnership has been an absolutely wonderful place to work and get to know. They truly care about the community and do everything they can to help! The employees are fantastic, very welcoming and friendly. I am only a volunteer but I truly wish they had a position open!
Community Work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Dayton OHJuly 3, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: salary
Accounts Payable Duties - Coworkers we great and I enjoyed working here.
This was a different type of work for me
Site Coordinator for Commodities (Former Employee), Comunity Center,Johammesburg CA.June 6, 2014
Pros: i was dealing with the people that really needed supploes and i felt i was doing my part
Cons: wish it was easier to get ahold of the site manager
IT WAS GREAT
I was able to deliiver Food Bank service to the area that was going to be shut sown in the area.
work with lots of people in the comminity,
we would recive truck load of foos ect and unload it.
brake down inti food bags to be give to the locals that needed them.
inventory,stock,all paperr work setting up and breaking down the site. managed assistance that was here to offer to the community
Pleasant place to work
Registration Personnel (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILNovember 19, 2013
Overall employment was a pleasant environment, with enjoyable co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the excitement of the children starting school for the first time.
Loved providing houses to low to moderate income persons
Housing Development Director (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: time was flexible
Cons: no lunch room
A typical day was looking at housing plans, finding building lots, hiring contractors, preparing applications for funds. I learned a lot on compliance issues. The director of CAP was respectful of my abilities. The co-workers were fine. The hardest part of the job was waiting to see if financing was granted. The most enjoyable part of job seeing the houses completed.
Intership
Office Worker (Former Employee), Johnstown, PASeptember 19, 2013
Great experience when it came down to office work, event planning, and coordinating food and clothing drives. This program helped me to reach out to the community and help from within.
Working with children ages3-5
Lead Teacher, Center Director, Family Advocate (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no job security
I ran a center of 15 children and 3 staff preparing and carrying out lesson plans and daily activities for the children. I worke coheasivelywith the families of the children in educational values that they have for thier children. The hardest part was the childsren leaving for kindergarten. The enjoyable part of the job was knowing that my staff and I played an important part in their education.
Noble cause helping the under privelaged
Administrative Assistant, Head Start Associate (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOAugust 14, 2013
Co-workers have best intentions of helping low income community but Federal/State funding is limited.
Enjoyed working with my co-teachers and students. Work environment comfortable, safe fro staff and others.
ASSISTANCE TEACHER (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 1, 2013
Coming in to work was relaxed and stress free. I learned to be open minded to others, teamwork, coming to a child's level, and all about making teaching fun for all. Hardest day at work knowing at the last minute of changes coming into work. Most enjoyable seeing the children meeting their development domain goals, and celebrating holidays, birthdays, and graduation for the children.
watching the children grow and learn
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 30, 2013
Pros: being able to work with the children
Cons: the salary
working with 3-4 year olds and teaching them how to become independent and letting them express themselves. I also enjoyed teaching the fine motor skills as well as the gross motor. I have learned that each child is different and that you have to have a plan for each. I learn to be there for the children according to their needs. My co-workers were great and they taught me alot. I learned how to write lesson plans, and various art activities. The hardest part of my job was getting them to transition in the morning. Some children took a while to finally trust us and believe that thier parents would return to pick them up in the afternoon.The most enjoyable part of my job was watching each child grow and learn.
Good to give back to the community.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Coeur d'Alene, ID.83814June 26, 2013
I deliver food to the homeless shelters. It feels good to give back to the community, but now it's time to stop volunteering and start working at a job that pays.
Able to help out in a major company
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOJune 20, 2013
Pros: learing new things
Cons: wasnt working the full eight hours
Working in an office setting, handling important paper work for the
company. Meeting the company dead lines.
Cooking for kids and thier parents.
Cook (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOJune 9, 2013
Pros: free breakfast and lunch, and 2 breaks.
Cons: i only worked 4 hours a day and 4 days a week.
Show up to work, start breakfast; which includes lunch prep, setting tables with plates and cups, setting up chairs, and hand washing and drying dishes. Lunch time, resetting tables and chairs, snack prep, wash dishes, put up chairs, clean floors, clean bathroom, next day breakfast prep, and dishes. I am now faster and able to prep smarter. I've learned how to cook vegetables, and know how to store cooked food. I loved working with my co-workers, everyone was very friendly and willing to help if I needed it. The hardest thing I had problems with was staying in a very tight time frame. Each class had had 5 minutes between them to clean tables and serve food. I loved working with the kids!! They all knew me by name and would tell me "Thank you, miss Jenny. We loved your cooking!"! The sweetest kids!
good place to work
Outreach Sales Specialist (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAApril 8, 2013
Pros: learn alot of skills
Cons: telling with ungreatful clients
here everyday we hung doors installed window assemblies and insulated attic for the weaterization program from san bernardino
A googd day at CAP
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 14, 2013
Pros: mail
Cons: lots of departments
a typical day would be you come in grab the mail from the mail carrier and than you hurry and stamp it before ten and you do the mailrun. I learned the mail run on the first day the mail run consist of twelve department. the management was ok. the co-worker were awesome. the hardest thing about the job was keeping up with the mail on the busy days. the most enjoyable part of my job was make my co-worker and other people on staff happy
Friendly atmosphere
Volunteer (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CADecember 21, 2012
Pros: clean bathrooms.
Cons: many volunteers had to get permeant employment.
Fast pace establishment, good communication between workers, learning to understand weatherization for elderly and needy families. CAPSB has good camaraderie between Top management and employees. Most co-workers friendly and easy to learn from. For me is talking to a client and you can feel their sorrow and pain. When you talk to a client and they are very appreciative for the work they received.
Productive and fun place to work with youth.
Activities Specialist (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, caDecember 12, 2012
Pros: flexibility and being able to plan the events of the day.
Cons: hours weren't long enough.
Typical day at work was opening if supervisor was absent, setting up site so youth can begin homework enrichment time, plan outdoor activites for laterin the day, provide healthy snack program, some days out of the week I would have to go to our company office and provide childcare there as well as some clerical work. Hardest part of job was getting kids to stay focused and get along, best part about job was being a mentor or someone that the kids can look up to. I got along great with my co-workers and became very close. I learned a lot of responsibilty with this job as well as working with others, also communicating with the youth, each other and even parents.