Community Action Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working with students and the family.
Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Grantsville, MDJune 14, 2017
I learned a few things while working under Community Action. I learned how to arrange field trips, community service activities, family trainings, student activities and my three staff.
Pros
The after school program is a wonderful program.
Cons
It was difficult doing my job without having parent involvement in their children.
A very busy environment.
Intake Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 7, 2017
I enjoyed my position doing intake. Because it was assisting families with their utilities payments. And explaining what documents were needed and what the guidelines were to qualify.
Pros
It was so busy that time just flew bye.
Cons
It was seasonal employment.
Educational and fast paced
Community Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kyle, TXJune 7, 2017
Working here is very non stressful. Co workers rare easy to get along with and we all work as a team. When u come to the clinic u get educated by a counselor and a nurse practitioner.
Pros
Schedule flexability
Poor management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 5, 2017
The company is currently lacking morale due to the poor upper-management and high turnover rate. Other then that it is a laid back environment for administrators.
Overall, a fun and productive work place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMay 15, 2017
I witnessed many individuals in need of many services and the agency was able to help the majority of them. Sometimes the waiting period was long and clients got upset, but with patience their needs were met. The staff was all caring and eager to teach me how and why the agency is here.
Good opportunity for experience and advancement.
Child Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 7, 2017
Good opportunity for experience and advancement. Good benefits. Overall great people to work with! I started with Community Action as a teacher and was given the opportunity for advancement. This is a good company for teachers to gain experience. Lots of professional development opportunities!
Family Educator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 18, 2017
Community Action is an awesome atmosphere to work in! Extremely friendly workers, helpful with a variety of resources for families. Variety of departments to gain knowledge from.
Managment not supportive
Enrollment Systems Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 28, 2017
Tense and Stressful environment, systems not in place as well as polices. Too much documentation and not enough resources to make that happen. Staff over work and not competitive pay.
very work steady kind of place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAMarch 24, 2017
I was a front desk clerk I loved the job. I assisted clients as they come in give them paper work on a clip board to fill out as well as assist them with any other questions they might have. Answered a busy inbound phone as well as controlled 8 different lines.
Pros
1 hour lunch
N/a
SITE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMarch 10, 2017
I very much enjoyed working with the children and families. The staff from years ago were all about being there for the childrern and families. Now its about the pay check
Great
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAFebruary 20, 2017
I enjoyed the positive work environment. I learned how to become a team player. The management team ensure if I needed extra training that I was provided with it. The hardest part of the job for me was letting the children move on at the end of the school year.
Pros
off during holidays
Cons
had to work later on teacher workdays
Wonderful Job/Terrible Leadership
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  OregonFebruary 13, 2017
If you find fulfillment in helping people during times of need this is your home, but you must be able to endure a complete lack of leadership. This means: superiors lacking in basic technical knowledge needed to understand the positions they supervise (or even fulfill their own basic tasks), superiors who don't want to hear about dysfunction that destroys moral, supervisors who do not follow the companies guidelines when it comes to following procedures, and low pay. Supervisors who don't want to hear about workers not complying with program rules thereby putting funding in jeopardy.
Pros
Personal fulfillment in a role that can highly impact peoples lives in a positive and immediate way
Cons
Horribly dysfunctional managment; ugly, hidden politics and low pay.
Family Focused Agency
Family Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 2, 2017
* Family Focused
* Considerate of family responsibilities
* Management is very forward-thinking
* Organizational skills are appreciated
* There is no 'typical' work day!
* Culture is very professional, but family friendly
Productive and fun place to work
Assistant/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIJanuary 25, 2017
The staff and students are friendly and always willing to help one another. The office is always clean. There are people to talk to everywhere you go. Very resourceful place of employment.
Not enough hours
Provider (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Short hours but seem long. How to care for my clients we learned to trust each other. Manger didn't really talk to them where out in the field hard part was when they got sick or either died when the client had good days
Pros
No lunch we bring own food
Cons
Would take 5 or 10 min braks
good
crew member (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, OHJanuary 16, 2017
Good job had fun working in the cemeterys and weedeating and mowing. It was a good pay rate also. Nice summer job for people just starting out their working careers.
Pros
hard work
Cons
summer job
Opportunity to earn a great living and to become a better person
Executive Committee Member (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, VAJanuary 3, 2017
I worked with RE/MAX Advantage for 19 years. The office location and facilities are excellent. The company owners support professional growth, teamwork, and they do not take themselves too seriously.
Pros
Unlimited potential
Cons
No guaranteed income (commission)
Great program for senior students
Senior Select (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSNovember 13, 2016
This program I was in was a great program. I learned many great responsibilities with this program.Not only did I get help with my work for school, I got a chance to do something great which was help other kids.
Horrible management
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 22, 2016
Good place when your new and seem to be liked. Lead teachers can get away with nearly anything. Taking entire days off for a hair appointment, and taking whole weeks off for a cold. Leaving the assistant teachers to act as lead teacher for no extra pay. But when you do something great, believe that the lead teacher will take all credit for it. Gossip there is enough to make you sick, literally. Went home on many occasions feeling sick. Don't work here if you have a choice.
Pros
Cons
Breaks, gossip, pay
Job duties
Family Service Worker/ Center Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 19, 2016
Although the Head Start program at CAFI, not longer exists, this agency was a good employer. Excellent service provider to children and families in low income neighborhoods.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Action. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval