Job Title: Asset Liability Manager
Department: Treasury Management Corporation
Location: Syracuse, NY Corporate Headquarters
Travel: Less than 5%
The Asset Liability Manager is primarily responsible for evaluating the interest risk profile of Community Bank System, Inc. While supervising a team of analysts, the candidate will assess three key areas of balance sheet risk management which include a prospective examination of interest income, liquidity, and market-value-of-equity. The team will combine multiple points of data to support the key areas and effectively communicate results to the senior banking executives of the Organization.
- Directs the analysis process responsible for identifying balance sheet interest rate risk.
- Develops and recommends balance sheet and risk management strategies to help guide the organization to pre-established liquidity, interest rate risk, market value and earnings targets.
- Produce a funds management strategy based on observed trends in the company’s interest rate risk portfolio.
- Effectively communicates complex financial issues in a clear and concise manner to ALCO, executive management, senior managers, regulatory officials and internal/external auditors.
- Manage the process responsible for analyzing net interest margin using the Fiserv Asset Liability Manager system.
- Create strategic models that test how potential merger and acquisition candidates affect the interest rate risk position of the organization.
- Construct and apply forward rate curves in a variety of interest rate environments.
- Perform model validation by back testing previous quarter’s results.
- Ensures regulatory and internal audit compliance with all interest rate & liquidity risk management directives.
- BS degree in Finance or Economics with additional training in balance sheet and risk management strategies and other aspects of asset liability management.
- Proven knowledge in prepayment risk and its effect on net interest margin and embedded option risk and its effect on fixed income investments, loans and capital market funding.
- Expertise with the Fiserv Asset Liability Manager or related software.
- Proficiency in loan, investment and deposit cash flow analysis.
- An understanding of rate/volume variance analysis.
- High level computer skills including knowledge of data base applications, data warehousing, Excel and Word.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply them in multiple situations.
- High level project management skills.
- A minimum of 7 years in the asset liability process of a high performance financial institution.
- Prior experience as assistant or director of the ALCO process preferred.
Indeed - 10 months ago